It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims Antarctica and Wants Its Military Stationed There

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So ... Iran is laying claim to Antarctica. Officials in Iran say they want both military and scientific bases there. (Like Iran would be interested in penguins????). It is unclear if the officials are speaking for the country, or just spouting off on their own. However, Iran putting military bases/ships in Antarctica violates the Antarctic Treaty System that many big countries have in place designating Antarctica off limits to anything except science and that it's a nature reserve.

Iran Claims Antarctica

Iran has recently made a surprising announcement, declaring its ownership of Antarctica and directly challenging the international treaty that governs the continent. In a letter to the United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, Iran’s Foreign Ministry informed him of Tehran’s claim to the territory.

This move has been viewed as a provocation by many countries, including the United States, who have long recognized the Antarctic Treaty System. The treaty, signed in 1959 by 12 nations, including the US, Russia, China, and several European countries, established Antarctica as a natural reserve dedicated to peace and science.

Will Iran Set Up A Base IN Antarctica

In late September, Irani spoke of establishing a permanent base in Antarctica. This has been an aspiration of various Iranian scientific communities for the past decade, but thus far without evident advancement. In a separate story, it was reported that Irani included amongst his rationales for such an establishment that “the location of the South Pole is important for several reasons. Militarily, this area is the best location for controlling ballistic missiles and the enemy uses this area.” This proposition is without foundation.

“Our future plan is to proudly hoist the Iranian flag in Antarctica and undertake collaborative military and scientific efforts in that region,” Irani told IRIB TV1 television channel during a program to mark the anniversary of the 1980-88 Iraqi war on Iran. Asked whether this meant setting up a permanent base in Antarctica, Irani said, “Inshallah (God willing)… It is not just military work. There has to be scientific work and our dear scientists are preparing to implement a joint effort in line with the guidelines of Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.”

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Not to be out done, North Korea lays claim to the moon!

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Have the other countries stopped laughing yet?

They are way late for that claim.

What are they playing at?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Who cares? Let them. I'm sure they will love the climate.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Poor Iran, they most be really bored to dead this days, beside wagging war on US ships, I guess they want to be taken seriously this days.

Let them send their soldiers to Antarctica and let them freeze their balls.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Have the other countries stopped laughing yet??

I laugh at Iran saying they want science vessels there. Their navy has no ice breaking capabilities. And they certainly don't care enough about science to want to study penguins. They spend all their money on state sponsored terrorism instead of on advancing their own people in education so it's obvious any claim to 'science' from them in that part of the world is bogus.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Looking forward to the desert people settling the ice and snow.

Anyone wanna help crowd fund a reality tv series?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I am sure biden with help them establish their scientific base and will give them all the materials they need to get them started, you know with tax payer money.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The natural resources of Antarctica will probably far exceed the Middle East once it is developed. Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Iran just wants an outsider to go and fight with instead of it's own people looking for freedom, maybe they're tired of beating and throwing little girls off roofs for wearing their Burkas incorectlly.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Obviously, Iran is in possession of top secret documents from WW2 that indicate highly sophisticated weapons and aircraft that could bring about world domination that lie underneath the ice in vast cave networks and chasms that the Nazis used to escape and set up their secret bases during the war, which lead them to the passages to the center of the Earth where the ancient ones live.

They need their military bases and scientific outposts there to establish communications with the underground Nazis from Agartha so that they can exchange ideas and supplies, and also to study infinite energy as used by the ancient ones, to lay about a plan of world domination and bring about the 4th Reich using Bell ships and laser beams.

TL;DR

Let them establish their bases, let's see where this goes.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm in. 12 Israelis and 12 Iranians. Whoever blows up the least amount of ice gets voted off the continent. Whoever is left is allowed to build settlements on the icy rubble.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

See, that's the beauty. It's already rubble...essentially.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I see a problem with this.
Iranians blow them selfs up.

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm in. 12 Israelis and 12 Iranians. Whoever blows up the least amount of ice gets voted off the continent. Whoever is left is allowed to build settlements on the icy rubble.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So ... Iran is laying claim to Antarctica. Officials in Iran say they want both military and scientific bases there. (Like Iran would be interested in penguins????). It is unclear if the officials are speaking for the country, or just spouting off on their own. However, Iran putting military bases/ships in Antarctica violates the Antarctic Treaty System that many big countries have in place designating Antarctica off limits to anything except science and that it's a nature reserve.

Iran Claims Antarctica

Iran has recently made a surprising announcement, declaring its ownership of Antarctica and directly challenging the international treaty that governs the continent. In a letter to the United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, Iran’s Foreign Ministry informed him of Tehran’s claim to the territory.

This move has been viewed as a provocation by many countries, including the United States, who have long recognized the Antarctic Treaty System. The treaty, signed in 1959 by 12 nations, including the US, Russia, China, and several European countries, established Antarctica as a natural reserve dedicated to peace and science.

Will Iran Set Up A Base IN Antarctica

In late September, Irani spoke of establishing a permanent base in Antarctica. This has been an aspiration of various Iranian scientific communities for the past decade, but thus far without evident advancement. In a separate story, it was reported that Irani included amongst his rationales for such an establishment that “the location of the South Pole is important for several reasons. Militarily, this area is the best location for controlling ballistic missiles and the enemy uses this area.” This proposition is without foundation.

“Our future plan is to proudly hoist the Iranian flag in Antarctica and undertake collaborative military and scientific efforts in that region,” Irani told IRIB TV1 television channel during a program to mark the anniversary of the 1980-88 Iraqi war on Iran. Asked whether this meant setting up a permanent base in Antarctica, Irani said, “Inshallah (God willing)… It is not just military work. There has to be scientific work and our dear scientists are preparing to implement a joint effort in line with the guidelines of Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.”

Bolding mine.

I don't know why, but that irked me. Maybe i do know why....

That was one of the most bigoted things i have ever read!

Why wouldn't Iranians be interested in penguins?

They are human, just like us.
They are mostly civilians, just like us.

They are not all cave dwelling inbreeds.

Maybe the reason this world is in this state, is because of reasoning like that. When we start seeing ourselves as the only smart ones in the room, we are not evolving, we are devolving.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Because they don't drink Guinness.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: theatreboy

Because they don't drink Guinness.

Who in their right mind, would?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
That was one of the most bigoted things i have ever read!

Then you need to get out more.

Because their 'spare cash' goes to fund state sponsored terrorism .. not arctic science investigations. None of their vessels have ice breaking capabilities either. Iran puts money into technology for obvious reasons, but not so much the animal science part. Google Iran penguin research and see what it gets ya'.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I am sure biden with help them establish their scientific base and will give them all the materials they need to get them started, you know with tax payer money.
a reply to: marg6043

are you sure about that?
what happens when that does not happen? Does your credibility drop? Do you apologize for being wrong? Serious questions here...

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if there is something else going on regarding Antarctica.
I still think its the main reason Maggie sent the troops all the way to the Falklands, to ensure Britain's slice of the territory.
Some sort of strategic mineral would be my guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join