It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I’m just curious. Is Darko in charge of this web site? I see no login by Darko since July.

Has anyone ever considered making a YouTube equivalent of ATS with video threads that make money like YouTube but still allow comments on the video threads? Seems like it would be profitable. Might cause a lot of members here to be AI video creators raking in profits while keeping a new form of ATS thriving. Just an idea and a couple questions.

There are enough creative people here that have written all kinds of stories.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I’m just curious. Is Darko in charge of this web site? I see no login by Darko since July.

We're all curious. The best anyone can offer is speculation, because no one "in charge" has shared anything with staff. Great, huh? Those of us on staff are doing the best we can with what we've got, which is less than what we had last summer.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: orionthehunter

We're all curious. The best anyone can offer is speculation, because no one "in charge" has shared anything with staff. Great, huh? Those of us on staff are doing the best we can with what we've got, which is less than what we had last summer.

The fact that staff have no idea who owns this site is so absurd that it almost defies belief.

I guess it's just a riddle wrapped in an enigma kind of thing.

Whatever. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter anyway. It's just a message board - it's not like oxygen or something...

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So going back to the BC thing. Last year when all the shiz was going down, my work computer was flagged and locked out for visiting a known BC mining site. I never visit anything on my work computer. It is locked down and monitored up the ying yang. But I did come here on my phone. I was locked out for 2 days while they investigated. Then a few weeks later I came here again and the very minute I got here, I was locked out again. I haven’t been here since. Mostly because I’m too damn lazy to shut down at the end of the day. I literally have no idea what BC mining is.Just adding my personal experience. Given it’s theorized that the site is owned by a BC guy…well that makes sense. 15 years of lurking I do miss this site so much.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

You may believe it to be absurd, but it is all too true.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

You may believe it to be absurd, but it is all too true.

That's a shame.

I feel bad for you and the rest of the crew.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, none of us have any idea how much longer the lights are going to remain on.

And so it goes...

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The community is going to be fine. I wish I could say the same for ATS though. It's been a very eventful 22 years. None of them boring. That's for sure.
edit on 3-17-2024 by theshadowknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The board is doing that thing again .... the 'recent posts' list is showing threads having posts just a few minutes ago when it was really hours and hours ago ....

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

We no longer have Admins. The legacy staff who had admin power are here, but the admin power has been removed. Things are going to be glitchy and be irreparable by any of the remaining staff. Observation indicates whoever could fix things, or grant power to someone willing, no longer cares when they don't work properly. Entropy, IOW it's not going to get better by itself. A shame, by any measure.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Glitches will keep happening.
And probably get more numerous.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

We don't know. Really.

In the past we worked hand-in-hand with the owners. They were family to us. After the site was sold, there was no come-to-Jesus-moment for us. There was no meet and greet. We really don't know. There have been those who have researched and come up with various evidence. That's well above my pay grade and that of most of staff. Most of us are sad that they don't trust us enough to both integrate with us, nor show themselves to us. Those of us remaining on staff believe that we've earned the right to know who is at the helm, but we have not been granted that knowledge. The new owners and their representatives have shown themselves as various screen names, and then, for whatever the reason, they withdrew and left us all to our own devices.

It really pains me, and most of us. Members and staff alike have given of themselves to this site to better it, to make it what we all wanted it to be, and have helped it evolve to where it was. I can't personally conceive of a person who would buy this great place, this unique site, and then let it wither without positive influence. If I were that person, I would rather give the site to someone who deeply cared about it than let it die. I guess I'm just a different sort of person than the new owners. I deeply wish that they would embrace their new toy -- ATS -- and show/tell us what their vision is. Most members and staff are adept at adapting. Most of staff that remains in still here simply because we honor what once was, in the same way that people put flowers on the graves of those they loved.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

It's clear from all of the posts by the Mods that this is really painful for you all. I don't blame you after putting in all those years of effort in what was truly a labor of love, only to be totally shut out from current happenings and future considerations - if any.

I guess we'll see.

One final question - I've seen the date/timeframe thrown out of May from a few knowledgeable members. Is that when the next site hosting bill comes due or are there other things expiring then?

Where is the site hosted today? Does anybody know?

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: argentus

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

It's clear from all of the posts by the Mods that this is really painful for you all. I don't blame you after putting in all those years of effort in what was truly a labor of love, only to be totally shut out from current happenings and future considerations - if any.

I guess we'll see.

One final question - I've seen the date/timeframe thrown out of May from a few knowledgeable members. Is that when the next site hosting bill comes due or are there other things expiring then?

Where is the site hosted today? Does anybody know?

I believe the domain name expires on 5/24/24.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Are we a dinosaur graveyard of a website now? Hard to believe what ATS was compared to what it is now but yet it functions; and that is the important thing. We're here now and like real world maybe not be tomorrow because # happens. But for NOW we're here. Feels good.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I posted this in the other thread that was closed.

I don’t mean to be Debbie Downer, but the server dues are due tomorrow March 20th. We know this because of the credit card expiration debacle on March 20th 2022, when the site went down for a few days. I remember the dates vividly as I was flying to Texas to move my sister across the country. We may not even have until May. I’ve been looking at tomorrow as the possible date of destruction since the October password debacle. I hope I’m wrong.
edit on 19-3-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, if the site does go down, where is everyone going to start hanging out? It sucks that there the site is having so much problems and is not doing that great financially.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if the site does go down, where is everyone going to start hanging out? It sucks that there the site is having so much problems and is not doing that great financially.

Look at DTOM’s signature. The migration has already begun.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
, but the server dues are due tomorrow March 20th. We know this because of the credit card expiration debacle on March 20th 2022, when the site went down for a few days.

Well then ... today is 'party like it's 1999'!
Who is going on a beer run?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: KKLOCO
, but the server dues are due tomorrow March 20th. We know this because of the credit card expiration debacle on March 20th 2022, when the site went down for a few days.

Well then ... today is 'party like it's 1999'!
Who is going on a beer run?

I buy - you fly.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
.. what we know from the other thread ..

ALRIGHT ... piecing together the information that posters smarter than I am on this subject have said .... the bottom line is that if the site owners don't reregister the domain name by the 18th of May, then ATS should go dark May 23. The information what was provided said that there are five 'grace' days given from the time the domain name goes away, until the site goes dark.

That was found here -

UK Go Daddy

Website Builder

So we watch the website that was given earlier HERE to see if the date for the domain name changes. If it does, that means the owners are still around somewhere and intend to keep ATS up and running. If the date doesn't change ... then May 22 will be chaos and lights out on May 23.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join