It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About men, insecure guys and tyrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SpyingOnSpies

I can respect that, everyone has a bad day sometimes. You don't have to apologize but I accept. Anyone who can admit mistakes and stand up for them and tries to learn from them is on a good path.

We all make mistakes, there are misunderstandings, incorrect translations.

I didn't want to bog you down with the thread, even though I alluded to it a little.

Here’s to good conversations

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Absolutely! I mainly experience situations like this when I speak outside of my dialect. Then your way of thinking changes slightly because you are more concentrated. If dialect is a river, then precise - in my case High German - would be more like a dam that releases its water - the words - in a somewhat controlled manner.

“The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” – Alain de Botton

I can't entirely agree, but I definitely see points of contact. I'm not a mental person (someone who always overthinks everything) - so I have less contact with it. The unknown often evokes such feelings and I'm more of a spontaneous type who lets things come to me. This also creates self-confidence because you know from which situations you have learned, or sometimes not.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Well, we don't need anyone to approve this, just interlocutors who will get involved.

I find that if you speak calmly and firmly, it radiates more strength than shouting aggressively. Because then you have lost control, even over your thoughts.

In a civilized world, the right of the stronger doesn't always have to count. At least not in discussions. When it comes to sheer survival, as in the animal kingdom, then of course it has a completely different weight.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhat

I see you are referring the topic more to the effect that one of the three types has on the opposite sex. I'm not a woman but maybe we'll get the opinion of someone who is. But yes, self-confidence and calm speak strength.

I'm very traditional and I also think that it's in most people. Of course there are always exceptions, to each their own. A lot of it is in our genes.

That's why I know situations like you describe. The tone of your voice also makes a lot of difference; a calm, deep voice is more likely to create a feeling of security in women than a shrill, loud one.

Or what do women say about it?

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naftalin
Or what do women say about it?

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Muhahaha!

There were some good jokes there, hehe! Don't get me wrong when I say traditional. By that I don't mean women behind the stove and men at the front. Men and women are different, some more, some less. There will always be exceptions, my best friend was a real power woman and an amazing mother. The basic differences cannot be denied, it is just nature. And it's good the way it is.

I like watching women's football because they are real warriors. If someone gets brutally riveted down, they'll get right back up. Often in men's football: drama first, stay down, exaggerate.

There is nothing more attractive than a self-confident woman who knows her worth and can still live out her feminine side. I think it's bad how housewives or stay-at-home mothers are portrayed as unsuccessful in the media. Women really don't have it easy, it's suggested to you that you have to have a quick career because otherwise you're worth less.

Total nonsense. To me that is misogyny. At the end of the day, everyone should do what makes them happy. Man or woman.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join