It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Love 1960s through 1980s music. The Carpenters were phenomenal. I listen to everything from folk to metal to underground electronics, electro-metal, nu-metal, you name it, but I can't get into today's commercial music.

Modern pop sounds "fun" on the surface, but it has a strange, buzzer-like quality to it. Listen to the vocals, you'll see what I mean. There's a buzz. Also, those fast, sprinkler-like hi-hats irritate me. It's like they're trying to clicker-train people. LOL

Mainstream pop tries too hard to be appealing, and its motive of being marketable to the lowest common denominator rather than expressive or artistic tends to show through, which simply loses my interest, so I don't listen to it. Some people like it, no shame in that; it has an upbeat, motivating tone to it, but I personally can't get past the fact that it's not crafted; it's molded and poured.

CT angle: can music be a propaganda vehicle? Certainly, why not? Use rhythm and repetition to turn the mind into mush, then simply insert the propaganda in the lyrics.

Not a big fan of media with a "message" if you know what I mean.

Not drunk, but not feeling so great, either.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Back when I played in marching band at the Univ. and when playing at football games, our band director had a special set that we played when the opposing team had the ball. He claimed that the key and chord progression slowed the other team down.

I don't know if it did or not.

“People haven't always been there for me but music always has.”
― Taylor Swift

edit on 18-1-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join