It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the...well, the only adjective I can come up with is 'packaged' music that is saturating pop-culture as of late?

I am a big fan of music. Any music that is actual music. What I have noticed is that every station I hear, and at work where we have a constant music stream, it is not actual music. It is packaged product music. Ariana Grande is an impersonator, not a singer. Miley Cyrus has a pretty good voice, and same with Taylor Swift, but they sound like actual robots with the amount of "production" in their music.

What I have also noticed, is the music trends change. Maybe politically. Because during the 2010s when Obama was in office, most music seems to be optimistic and upbeat, empowering lyrics.

I guess what made me really key into this is the fact that I've been having some deep personal.................crises recently and been listening to The Carpenters, almost exclusively. I dont know if it is because I relate so deeply to Karen on a personal level, or if it is just the sadness, but I have been feeling my emotions actually change based on the music I am listening to.

And so I wondered if anyone else had considered the subliminal messaging angles in music, lyrics and harmonics and how this related to ELF, mind control, the control of populations, I mean the war song [what is it good for? Absolutely nothing] and there are many other examples but i am moderately drunk at this moment so i am sure you all can provide more examples to extrapolate my theory.

Music is programming and real, pure music such as The Carpenters and im sorry to any offended but the greatest female voice of all time, Karen Carpenter had to be silenced because she brought too much delightful wonder into this world. What an absolute legend.

Im drunk. Are you? Do you love Karen as much as Me? What other programming songs or artists can you guys come up with?

Can you name the song from which the lyrics in my title come from?

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Chords, strings, we brings melody, G-funk
...Where rhythm is life and life is rhythm

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This article is about 10 years old, but it is one of those I am constantly reminded of when I think of the state of "music" today.

432 Hz (Verdi tuning) is considered to be the original pitch that instruments were tuned to. The author calls it, "intuitive pitch." In 1910 the American Federation of Musicians made 440 the standard for all public performance. In 1939, 440 Hz was adopted as the standard for tuning in Europe. Now, all instruments are tuned to A=440Hz. It can be easily argued that 440 makes the music brighter than 432, but is there a darker purpose behind this tuning change?

If you said, "chaos and control," you are correct.

It HERTZ So Bad: The 432 vs 440 Hz controversy

The culprit here is not just rap music or heavy metal. It's not just the gangster lyrics or the sexual overtones of music videos -- it's ALL music! And the negative effects are not only obvious in a specific age group or culture -- it's pandemic.

He's a bit sensational, but he argues his point well and raises good questions. Perhaps this is why popular music seems to be stuck in a steady artistic decay. One that has been going on for years.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

It is no deep secret that music alters moods. That is one of its most salient features. It is why mothers sing lullabies to their fussy babies and snare drums & horns used to galvanize troops on the battlefield. It is why music is played in grocery stores.

Subliminal messaging? What like backwards speech? Meh. I think the overt messaging of much modern music is bad enough.

No, I’m not drunk.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

I think the 432 Hz CT is rubbish. I learned of it about a decade ago and was so intrigued I decided to try it. I got a 432 Hz pitch fork and tuned all my instruments with it for years. As far as I’m aware, it didn’t have any benefit whatsoever…and I really wanted it to. The most noticeable effect was irritating other musicians I played with.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: QRST4D

It is a scientific fact that 440 Hz does not resolve the same way as 432Hz .. all music since 1939 has been corrupted.

Music possesses both healing and stress reducing frequencies that are only present in A432Hz and also A444Hz .. The sequence of Solfeggio produce 256Hz in C which aligns with the schumann resonance and the God frequency of 528 Hz. in A444Hz

528Hz with it's harmonics, are healing frequencies that affect us all on a cellular level.

440Hz had been selected to provide a stressful state of mind that was considered to improve productivity, amongst factory workers listening to music all day.

Frequencies really matter!

Exactly the same with water and our bodies are 75% water.

edit on 17-1-2024 by Kennyb75 because: watch the water

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kennyb75

If you think that 432 Hz as a tuning reference makes a difference, by all means use it. If I perceived any tangible benefit, I still would be. The seemingly compelling results of a cymatics demonstration certainly factored into my initial interest, but the reality is those demonstrations are not music, they are isolated tones. No cymatics demonstration shows actual music with the complexities of harmony and tuning temperament, and if they did, I doubt it would be as impressive.

edit on 17-1-2024 by QRST4D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 02:34 AM
link   

the reality is those demonstrations are not music, they are isolated tones. No cymatics demonstration shows actual music with the complexities of harmony and tuning temperament, and if they did, I doubt it would be as impressive.

The reference for 432Hz corresponds with the resonating frequency of our planet. Everything on this planet was conceived within these frequencies. It relates to every single one of the trillions of cells in our bodies. It is just as visible using water, which vibrates within us all.

Every note you play on any instrument, if locked into place with either 432 or 528, will vibrate through you sympathetically no matter what you play .. once tuned, everything you play is therapeutic to the listener and to yourself .. specifically if you sing in these frequencies because the vibration from your vocal chords are capable of restoring health.

Monks used to chant!

Some people enjoy having stress in their lives, it is quite addictive but very unhealthy over a prolonged period.

edit on 17-1-2024 by Kennyb75 because: clarity

(post by WarEndWithin20Days removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
Do you love Karen as much as Me?

Man, the Carpenters were great! Karen's voice has never been equalled and Richard's ability to arrange music set the Carpenters apart. My favorite song has always been "Yesterday Once More." At least since it came out.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kennyb75

I watched the video you linked. Did you watch mine?

Or are you just going to pedantically regurgitate a hodgepodge of the most common nonsense claims about 432 hz tuning?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Tavistock.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Or are you just going to pedantically regurgitate a hodgepodge of the most common nonsense claims about 432 hz tuning?

I have provided you with solid scientific evidence regarding the clarity of frequency .. it is completely indisputable.

Now perhaps you would like to provide your scientific evidence that proves otherwise, short of not believing your own eyes, I don't know what else it would take to educate you .. Please don't direct me to subjective opinions.

I watched the video you linked. Did you watch mine?

Yes I did! .. This person has no concept of the theory, it is the precise Solfeggio that dictates each of the subsequent frequencies and his source of the frequencies are not scientific. Every frequency that is the correct difference between each interval will obviously align with the root frequency

Do you make music at all?

edit on 17-1-2024 by Kennyb75 because: additional paragraph

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   

A band member, guitarist/pianist singer myself. I love Karen and her brother too...but, I'm not drunk either.

Peace.

PS Put it down....✌️

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I hate modern music with a vengeance Shoshanna , I have gone from liking heavy metal as a kid to loving older Jazz and blues music .

Get into a church or cathedral and find the sweet spot ! On the floor and play some music .

Interesting article on the real YODO

viewzone.com...

Ummm

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am not responding to your thread.

I am attaching a song by the Troggs from the 1960's as redone in the 1980's by Wet Wet Wet for the movie 4 Weddings and a Funeral. I heard it several weeks ago as it was the theme song in a NFL game replay featuring a specific team and their quarterback who is still in the playoffs. It represents their teamwork and love for one another. Play it for yourself, wife, girlfriend or mother. It may calm you down.

Love Is All Around

Keep your chin up

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Can you name the song from which the lyrics in my title come from?

16 in the clip and one in the hole.

Here's one for you

edit on 17-1-2024 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Vague, pie-in-the-sky claims are not “solid scientific evidence”.

Go listen to some 432 hz music, you seem agitated.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This might cure the hangover

m.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join