It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA DEI - Hiring People With Severe Psychiatric Disabilities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

You should also not make assumptions about anonymous people on the internet. My comments are not false crys or computer heroics.

Yes, they were. No one made any bigoted comments. Because victimhood is a strange type of social currency in some circles, you just desperately wanted to be offended, so you pretended completely innocuous comments were bigotry. You're no different than those that falsely cry "racism!" at any benign criticism of a person of color.

No assumptions were necessary. We can all see what they posted, and what you posted. I didn't bother reading past this dishonest part of your post. Best of luck at the Oppression Olympics.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Hi, I'm disabled.

People are right to be concerned about the disabled being hired to do jobs they're incapable of doing.

No one here is saying the disabled shouldn't be able to work at all.

The disabled don't need your computer heroics. Your false cries of bigotry at anyone daring to be concerned are way more offensive than the OP.

Hiring a disabled person into a job they cannot fully accomplish is not doing them any favors. It will just frustrate them and others and put further negative connotations on them.

ATCs must pass a Class 3 physical, so there is that and the FAA doesn't mess around. I cannot pass one with my VA disabilities unless I jump through a ton of hoops that just do not make it worthwhile to just go out and fly.

Exactly. I have limitations that would make me legit dangerous to hold certain positions like ATC. There are other types of work I can do. It's not oppression or bigotry, it's just an acknowledgement of reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftiris13
The FAA has been having enough problems.
Are they trying to sink commercial air travel, along with everything else?

Remember last year: JOE BIDEN nominated this guy to head the FAA who was afraid to fly and couldn't answer basic questions accurately...like, "What's the difference between ground speed and air speed?".

Source: townhall.com...

BIDEN WANTS TO CREATE CHAOS BEFORE NOVEMBER 2024, SO HE CAN HOLD ON TO POWER (Emergency Executive Order).

Airline CHAOS
Disease CHAOS
War CHAOS
Political CHAOS
Trump Jailed CHAOS

Its urgent the House impeach/remove this evil President ASAP.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
BIDEN WANTS TO CREATE CHAOS BEFORE NOVEMBER 2024, SO HE CAN HOLD ON TO POWER (Emergency Executive Order).

This has been said about the last 5 presidents, at least.

It's always fake.

It's like the NRA sending out pleas for donations before every election saying this is the last one before we lose the right to bare arms. We were all supposed to be in FEMA camps by now.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The world is going crazy. It should be fun to fly with a blind suicidal pilot.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Do air traffic controllers work for the FAA? If so ... I think my flying days are over.

Seriously .. what ever happened to just hiring whoever is best for the job and not anything else?

FAA DEI Hiring People With Severe Psychiatric Disabilities

he Federal Aviation Administration is actively recruiting workers who suffer "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiative spelled out on the agency’s website.

"Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring," the FAA’s website states. "They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism."

The initiative is part of the FAA’s "Diversity and Inclusion" hiring plan, which claims "diversity is integral to achieving FAA's mission of ensuring safe and efficient travel across our nation and beyond." The FAA’s website shows the agency’s guidelines on diversity hiring were last updated on March 23, 2022

If you look at everything done from the vantage of they are trying to destroy everything, it all makes sense.
If you look at it that they are destroying everything as distraction and mental masturbation for the masses so they can raid the taxpayer kitty, it all makes sense.
If you look at it from the vantage that they are raping the taxpayer kitty so they can build themselves bunkers and alleged safe places underground to scurry to, it makes sense.

If they don't tell you that magnetic field of earth has dropped almost 40% and the north pole has move to just north of Russia, it makes sense, because they don't want the competition when world is washed clean and they come out of their underground holes. They want to control everything as civilization starts again, with only psychopaths to fight over the ashes.

Cheers - Dave
edit on b2024b29_000000Mon, 15 Jan 2024 18:50:29 -060000000012024-01-15T18:50:29-06:00 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   

edit on 1/16/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I Don't Fly anymore and this move would be like letting my 15 YO Grandson
Drive me to Town on an Ice Covered Road.
so they need to hire these people to operate Air Force 1.

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

(post by Degradation33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join