It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha Boy Arrested in Nepal on Sexual Abuse Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Anyone else remember this guy? He was talked about here for a while waaaaaay back when ...

When this fella was a teenager he would supposedly go off into the jungle to pray all day and night. He supposedly didn't eat anything and was very enlightened in his teachings. People thought he was the reincarnation of Buddha. Well .. apparently he went on to fame with his teachings and set up ashrams and had a bunch of followers. That all has come to a crashing halt ...

Buddha Boy Arrested on Sexual Abuse Charges

Ram Bahadur Bomjan, popularly called ‘Buddha Boy’ in local media, was arrested Tuesday evening while “absconding in the case of sexual exploitation of a minor,” the police said in a statement.

An arrest warrant against him was issued in 2020, according to the statement, “in the case of sexual abuse of a minor girl,” who was allegedly living as a nun at his ashram in the Bara district, south of the capital Kathmandu.

Acting on a tip off, police say they tracked the 34-year-old to the outskirts of Kathmandu and “arrested him while he was trying to flee,” the statement added. They say they also seized more than a dozen mobile phones, five laptops and tablets, and more than $200,000 in Nepali and foreign currencies at his home.

This comes nearly two decades after he first gained international attention. In 2005, at the age of 15, he retreated into the jungle to pray for 10 months, local media reported at the time. His followers once claimed that he did so without food, sleep or water.

People WANT these type of holy things to be true. More often than not, they turn out to be myths and scams. The hunger people have for the Devine reaching into our lives in a miraculous way is intense. It's very sad that it usually doesn't work out.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 11-1-2024 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Supernatural belief trumps the buddhists own doctrine.

Anatta - in Buddhism, the doctrine that there is in humans no permanent, underlying substance that can be called the soul.

the term anattā (Pali: अनत्ता) or anātman (Sanskrit: अनात्मन्) is the doctrine of "non-self" – that no unchanging, permanent self or essence can be found in any phenomenon.

In a funny way Buddhists seem to miss on the teachings of Buddha MORE than Christians miss on Christ.

They really shouldnt have reincarnation. Sorta of an Atman thing. The Buddha was impermanent, with no soul, so only his impact is reborn after the annica thing happens.

They'll copout though, to redefine what it is to recognize oneself as impermanent with no soul.

While often interpreted as a doctrine denying the existence of a self, anatman is more accurately described as a strategy to attain non-attachment by recognizing everything as impermanent, while staying silent on the ultimate existence of an unchanging essence.

But you have this reason to believe across the board. Buddhist even work the spiritual back in, even though it was likely intended as a form of antitheistic morality.

That repressed fruitcake Applewhite got equally sexually confused people to castrate themselves and turn into a weird commune of asexual agender cultists, off to meet the comet-spaceship.

Sadly, people can think they are leaving a destructive belief behind and end up being gaslit in Guyana, and then become a famous picture of dead hippies in a field.
edit on 11-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sounds like he found that Drug Trafficking is more spiritual along with sex trafficking?

Acting on a tip off, police say they tracked the 34-year-old to the outskirts of Kathmandu and “arrested him while he was trying to flee,” the statement added. They say they also seized more than a dozen mobile phones, five laptops and tablets, and more than $200,000 in Nepali and foreign currencies at his home

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I dont mean to go Hindu on you but do you have any of the 25 on this list?

25 Siddhis Powers
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There's 16 types of clairvoyance? Who knew.

Hindu?

Sure why not, at least a few of them, and I couldn't have done it without my 8 heads, and Lysergic Acid. (Not recommended)

The best way I ever heard it put:

You're walking into your kitchen and you feel this neverlanded inkling of something. You look at the light and you see it occasionally wane in luminosity. Fading a little bit. You feel it's off.

Then you think, "That's about to go"...

Then... POP, right as you think it. Or you just know that ATM machine is going to glitch, from a little burst of bubbling consciousness.

There is allegedly a causal reason that is so obvious it's almost too easy, and completely explains telekinesis.

Maybe our brains just operate on the electromagnetic spectrum too, and mentally controlled output that resonates with rest frequencies of material objects, can move them.

We're transistors and receivers, maybe it's like the mental version of wind-related light pole resonance?

I don't feel it's Supernatural in the superstitious sense. I think they haven't declassified how consciousness fully works yet.

I'm certain the mental training could be entirely spiritual though. Anything to change mental state at will. I think it's all how refined our minds are with brainwaves, ultimately. All categories of mind powers listed may just be brainwave awareness.

I have also heard it put as an omnipresent channel/acausal universe/godhead/Mind that essentially plays third-party operator between mental projection and 'spontaneous' effects.

Maybe a bit of both? I am not entirely sold on the need for divinity here, as one argues permanent connection to a godform consciousness.
edit on 11-1-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Maybe a bit of both? I am not entirely sold on the need for divinity here, as one argues permanent connection to a godform consciousness.

IMO its a bit of both. Post stroke in 2009 from several sports concussions I began to sense energy coming from people. Not all people. Just those who are consider themseves Empaths. My journey took me down the path to return to the church and religion. But that only goes so far and IMO it dead end as all say its all in the bible. IMO; no it isnt!

I am now following Dr. Diana Pasulka, University of North Carolina as her study between ET, spiritual and religion is her field. She is connected with Dr. Gary Nolan of Stanford University and Dr. Jacques Vallee. She also touches on Dr. Steven Green CE5. I sent an email to her as most of what you wrote above could be Deja Vu. Mine was so strong for years I would change direction in business meetings as I new where it was headed. All my Deja Vu stopped affter the stroke.

Its deep
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

new topics

top topics

join