It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Veterans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I watch unsolved mysteries on repeat constantly and a few of them feature POW/MIA/KIA soldiers whose families don't believe they're really dead or missing for various reasons. There are also several suicides of enlisted men featured on the show that don't actually seem to be suicides.

I've read in conspiracy forums about OKC that Timothy McVeigh may have been "sheep-dipped" and I'll just assume you all know what that means. Same with Oswald among others.

So I was wondering and thought might be a fun thread to ask if any members here who have military experience if they witnessed any military related oddities while serving their countries. Either sheep-dipping, mysterious "suicides", disappearances, anything unexplained or that seemed conspiracy worthy? Any cover-ups or suspected cover-ups?

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

When active duty, me and a buddy would always go for a run before we went to work.

He didn't show up for the run, he didn't show up to work.

When I asked a barracks chief to check, he and I found him dead.

Of a heart attack.

It was right after we got vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine.

I was TOLD by military police to state it was a heart attack.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Suicide isn't uncommon.

I'd guess I had about 10 or so people who were in my unit at the time that killed themselves over my 20 years.

How many after they got out? Who knows...

Otherwise, I can't think of anything hokey.

Oswald was clearly an MK Ultra victim.

Along with Jack Ruby, McVeigh, Manson, etc...

But that's the CIA, not really the military.

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this applies but let me make something perfectly clear about the Military.

It is not a Republic or Democracy , It is a Communist organization and you are made very aware of this when you sign the papers .

All sorts of shady things happen in the military and I for one was not surprised about a damn one of them. The military is cut throat kill or be killed and that is the way it needs to be .

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I think it takes a lot of courage to be sheep dipped. Those people are in a situation where they could be killed for real, but instead trust that some entity is going to set them up with a new identity and life. Although, I guess in some cases people could sheep dip themselves.

I wondered where they go afterwards.

Do they hide in plane sight, say as an alternative media site host, or just blend into society?
Are some of them being put in super secret programs, maybe secretly working in a foreign country, underground, or somewhere inspace or maybe even time?

edit on 9-1-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Jan, 9 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I saw two ghosts on my old base "FE Warren" in Wyoming. It was an old Calvary base from the 1800's. I had Nuclear missiles start counting down by themselves. I had one guy slit his wrist, and another in basic training tried to commit suicide by jumping from a second story. Of course that dip# didn't die.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There were 311 to 350 POWs in Laos...How many did we get back ? Answer "0"
There were POWS left in Vietnam that were never returned because the USA would not cough up a few billion dollars for the North Vietnamese.

Some of our guys with certain technical knowledge ended up in Russia to never be seen again.

I can not imagine the hell of living in a Laotian Tiger cage and being chewed on night after night by the mosquitoes only to see the dawn and be sent out on your work detail ..

The people in your company care about you and will try to get you back. The government will too unless it is inconvenient...
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stelth2

Wow I have read other accounts of missiles starting countdowns on their own. Thats scary stuff. I think it would be kind of neat to see a ghost though, especially a military ghost. I've always been interested in Gettysburg and the supposed hauntings there.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have read that the government didn't even want to acknowledge that we were in Laos. I just have the suspicion, especially with Vietnam that a lot of men were left behind as POW and the government didn't really care too much.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've read that Anthrax vaccine was bad news. This is why I respect and actually admire people in the military, they're forced to do all kinds of things they probably don't want to. But I could never ever do it. And being drafted! Wow. My dad tried to flee to Canada when he got drafted. It didn't work, but it made for a funny story years later. I couldn't imagine just being told to drop your life, you're in the military now.
edit on 10-1-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When I was permanent staff at an officer training facility I saw a Lieutenant staggering drunk at an end of term ball. The Commander came into my office and asked me what his name was. I never saw that Lieutenant ever again.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

My dad was a Korean war veteran.
He saw some nasty things that bothered him until the day he died. Not sure if he ever thought about suicide,he never said, but he did get some therapy in the late 80s and that seemed to help.

He never mentioned any weird things like you mentioned but then again it was 1952. He did say that the pills and shots made him sick but nothing long term that I can remember.

He did have a rare form of blood disease though. Not sure if it's related

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We had a beautiful brunette PFC that worked in the Mess Hall
She went Missing and was not Located for a Month.
She was found in Frankfort working at the Redlight District.
after that we never saw her again.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OK, you need to create killers who will blindly obey, so you start by creating a macho and homophobic atmosphere among post-pubescent males, and you generally reduce any social interactions with the opposite sex - and then you bunk 'em all down together?

Sure, many are going to screwed up. That was the intent.

I imagine if you put them in civvys, they will still be as screwed up.

edit on 2024-01-10T12:44:16-06:0012Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:44:16 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

OK, you need to create killers who will blindly obey, so you start by creating a macho and homophobic atmosphere among post-pubescent males, and you generally reduce any social interactions with the opposite sex - and then you bunk 'em all down together?

Sure, many are going to screwed up. That was the intent.

I imagine if you put them in civvys, they will still be as screwed up.

Tell me that you have never served your country without telling us you have never served your country.

Of course, as a Kiwi you wouldn't understand defending your country... you've never had to.

You are not allowed an opinion on this subject here simply because you have no frame of reference.

I served my country as a woman... which by the way there we were not called the "opposite sex".

Seems kinda misogynistic of you...

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I served my country as a woman... which by the way there we were not called the "opposite sex".

The TIs in Air Force Basic in 1990 always called women Feeemales. The word dripped with contempt. I'm sure that's changed.
edit on 11-1-2024 by davegazi2point1 because: syntax error

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It was right after we got vaccinated with the anthrax vaccine.

Never quite fully understood the anthrax vaccine angst.

It was approved in the US in the 70's. First vaccine ever effective against bacteria and second or third effective vaccine ever produced. It wasn't new when the AVIP program rolled out in late 90's.

Hooowever, from a medical ethics standpoint, it was being used off label to prevent respiratory anthrax potentially used in biowarfare. The vaccine wasn't approved for that. Much like the C19 vax/EUA nonsense, off-label use, by law, required consent to be given. Unlike C19, the anthrax vaccine was actually NIH approved for 25 years before those vaccines were mandated for military personnel. They were shown very effective in preventing cutaneous anthrax.

I can attest the series was noooo fun and was exempted for further taking it after a bad reaction after my 3rd one.

At least with anthrax, it was a fully approved and known effective vaccine that well prevented acquiring and spreading the illness... juuuuust without data supporting use for the inhalation version of the illness. Stark contrast to the most recent "vaccine" fiasco.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 1/11/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman023

40-mark Strasse! Right behind the Bahnhof.

... or maybe you mean the town in Kentucky

Cheers
edit on 11-1-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

originally posted by: bluesman023

40-mark Strasse! Right behind the Bahnhof.

... or maybe you mean the town in Kentucky

Cheers

There's still "window shopping" behind the Bahnhof?

Nice

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join