It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 200 Service Members, Veterans Pledge to Hold Military Leaders Accountable for Vaccine Mandate

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is encouraging.

231 current and former military members signed an open letter vowing to hold accountable those who implemented the COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Over 200 Service Members, Veterans Pledge to Hold Military Leaders Accountable for Vaccine Mandate

More than 200 active service members and veterans have signed an open letter seeking accountability over the alleged harm caused by the Department of Defense’s (DOD) implementation of the now-rescinded COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

The open letter, published on Jan. 1, is directed to the American people, but names specific senior military leaders who the signers claim enabled lawlessness and betrayed the Constitution.

Some of the leaders specifically named in the letter include former and current joint chiefs of staff, service academy commandants, service inspectors general, and service surgeon generals.

The signatories state, “In the coming years, thousands within our network will run for Congress and seek appointments to executive branch offices, while those of us still serving on active duty will continue to put fulfilling our oaths ahead of striving for rank or position.

I've long since considered The Constitution our country's foundation, and the oath to it, the most important aspect of serving this country, but staying true to your oath can be difficulty when you have to make ends meet, care for a family, worry about your career, retirement, and personal safety, or are bound by secrecy programs and NDAs.

Maybe those who disregard their Constitutional oaths, should be the ones the to have to worry about their retirements and personal freedom, especially when they are responsible for calling the shots. (No pun intended)

“For those who achieve the lawful authority to do so, we pledge to recall from retirement the military leaders who broke the law and will convene courts-martial for the crimes they committed.”

A number of the signatories are veterans who are now running for Congress and state-level political offices. These veterans also pledged to introduce legislation to seek accountability by reducing the alleged perpetrators’ retirement income to zero.

Many of the 231 signers of the letter are still on active duty. Several said they are taking on significant personal risk to stand up for what they believe in and to defend their unalienable rights that they feel have been trampled.

He and the other signatories hope to “rebuild trust through accountability” and signed the open letter as a way to emulate the founding fathers when they mutually pledged to each other their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor in the Declaration of Independence.

“Where our situation departs from the signers of the Declaration of Independence is that we do not seek separation,” Cmdr. Green said. “We do not want to be separated from the Constitution nor from what was handed down to us at so great a cost. Instead of separation, we want restoration through accountability.”

As a result, he said, the letter may be more appropriately called a “Declaration of Military Accountability.”

Bradley Miller, a former U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who previously served as a battalion commander in the 101st Airborne Division, said the allusions to the Declaration of Independence in the letter are “deliberate and meaningful.” According to him, the signatories of the letter “believe that we have suffered a long train of abuses that has come to a head with the unlawful COVID-19 shot mandate.”

“We would be negligent in our duty to uphold our oaths to the Constitution as well as negligible in our loyalty to our countrymen if we permitted the continued demise of one of our most hallowed institutions,” Mr. Miller said.

“For the senior leaders named, and for the thousands who were not named but who are equally complicit, I hope this [letter] is a wake-up call,” Cmdr. Green said. He went on to note that at the highest levels of military leadership, the decision-making processes are largely comprised of risk analysis and risk mitigations.

Well, at least this is a step in the right direction.

edit on 3-1-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Holding leaders accountable for wrong doing is not something that the US does well.

I'll wish them luck, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Results of this letter: "All active duty signatories careers effectively end today."

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A lot of good people have already lost their job over this issue. International pressure is mounting with many nations conducting their own investigations. As the all cause mortality is still high this pressure is going to continue to grow. A lot of the research, development and roll out of the virus and vax leads back to US DOD operations.

For the servicemen concerned about domestic threats, actions like this letter do provide a rally and networking point as the weight of the world comes down to bear on this issue.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
These leaders who pimped that garbage are the worst of Americans.
They should all be marched in front of congress to publically explain exactly the things they did and said to their brothers and sisters in arms.
‘I was just doing what I was told’ should be chiseled in red on their gravestones in Arlington front and center for all to see as a reminder.
This should never ever happen again and the punishment for these actions should be swift and brutal.
They need to start setting up stocks in the town centers where these fools can be properly displayed and spit on.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Now this is a beautiful thing. Oh I want to see them succeed in every office they run for. For those of you who have been complaining about how elections are pointless, these brave leaders are ready to prove you wrong. You need only to give them the opportunity to prove their determination the way our veterans have done here in Florida. If just a few other states can repeat the Florida model in this upcoming election, we will witness significant volumes of sudden retirements and voluntary relocation to other countries. Likely those governments for whom they actually work for.

For those whos only comment is to mock, berate and demean me for daring to believe in our civic duties as citizens , please just go roll over and die you gave up long ago. The flame in your heart is extinguished, no longer illuminating your mind.

The rest of us will refuse to do just that and never quit fighting the battle , because the battle is eternal! It never ends! Disneyland and Sesame street are dreams. The reality is, light is always in battle with dark, good and evil, gravity and matter, + / - charges..

the entire universe is a permanent evolving dynamic battlefield. Sit on the sidelines, or jump in for the ride. I know which one I prefer, and if there is any fire left in anyone's hearts this year is the time to take action.

new topics

top topics

join