It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand Interviews Norman Finkelstein

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Norman Finkelstein is an American born Jewish scholar and author born of parents who were themselves Holocaust survivors , his understanding of the current situation in Gaza comes from research and personal experience not opinion.

It's a long interview running for about an hour so I doubt many will watch it but for anyone interested in facts over emotion I post it here.

edit on 30-12-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   

edit on 12/30/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

edit on 12/30/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's a long video, can you post a summary please?

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

... his understanding of the current situation in Gaza comes from research and personal experience not opinion.

Really gortex? Did you just type that?

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

... his understanding of the current situation in Gaza comes from research and personal experience not opinion.

Really gortex? Did you just type that?

Obviously.
I suggest Finkelstein's understanding of the history that led up to the current events and the events since October 7th is deeper than most of the talking heads here which I guess is why he is on the right side of history while , I would also suggest , many here are not.

Watch the video , or don't ... the choice is yours.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't watch long videos without a summary.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I suggest Finkelstein's understanding of the history that led up to the current events and the events since October 7th is deeper than most of the talking heads here which I guess is why he is on the right side of history while , I would also suggest , many here are not.

Fair enough.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't watch long videos without a summary.

The long and short of it is, Gaza has been loosely summarized as this "open air prison" and Norman is deconstructing the economic, medical and psychological damages that have been inflicted as a result of Israeli policy.

The particulars you will have to hear from Finkelstein himself.

edit on 30-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Does he criticise Hamas?

I don't think I could stand an hour of RB.

At least he gets to interview someone

Must make a change from being interviewed by Police.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Conversely, it could be said Israel is the Open Air Prison an 98% of Gazains are corrupt prison guards who enjoy killing prisoners for sport.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Conversely, it could be said Israel is the Open Air Prison an 98% of Gazains are corrupt prison guards who enjoy killing prisoners for sport.

So they both suck and deserve what's happening to them? That's your prognosis?

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Interviewer: Mr. Finkelstein, thanks for joining us today. Please begin by telling us your personal story about what it’s like living through a holocaust.

Mr. Finkelstein: Ummm, I wasn’t born until 1953, you’d have to ask my parents or any holocaust survivor.

Interviewer to Producer: Next time could you please get somebody who knows what they’re talking about? How about one of those October 7th kids, they’d be perfect!

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I'm saying it looks like a family feud, and they need to work it out amongst themselves without everybody else getting all up in their business. When/if it spills out beyong their borders would be the time to pick sides and shoot on sight.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I'm saying it looks like a family feud, and they need to work it out amongst themselves without everybody else getting all up in their business. When/if it spills out beyong their borders would be the time to pick sides and shoot on sight.

The US knows a thing or two about family feuds, aka civil wars! When the next one starts and inevitably spills over borders do you suggest the world ‘pick a side and shoot on sight’? Which side should we shoot at?

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

If it spilled over our border I’d have the side that beheads people with garden hoes, rapes and burns women, and kidnaps kids in my crosshairs.

Fair bet they wouldn’t make good neighbours.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Can’t argue with thar logic. However, I’d caveat that its possible mossad knew such an incursion was imminent and by allowing it created a narrative to invade. I have similar suspicions about 911

How possible? Who knows, but it’s enough to give me pause before picking sides. Boots on the ground are a better position from which to pick. And even then perhaps a fly on the wall in mossad hq is the only real way to know. My point is picking sides is often less about picking right from wrong, than it is about merely picking a side

But you’re right, on paper no one wants that barbarism as a neighbour. I’m certainly not defending what those demons did. Just trying not to be manipulated

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Can’t argue with thar logic. However, I’d caveat that its possible mossad knew such an incursion was imminent and by allowing it created a narrative to invade. I have similar suspicions about 911

That is likely the case which has been reported on in Israel's media , after the attack on the 7th Egyptian military said they had forwarded warnings to Israel and Netanyahu himself 10 days before the attack that "something big and unusual" was coming from Hamas but they were ignored.

It comes after reports in Israeli media that military and intelligence officials had dismissed highly-detailed reports of Hamas's planned attacks on kibbutzes along the border prior to the 7 October raids.
news.sky.com...

edit on 31-12-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

The US knows a thing or two about family feuds, aka civil wars! When the next one starts and inevitably spills over borders do you suggest the world ‘pick a side and shoot on sight’? Which side should we shoot at?

Protecting ones' homeland is just a wee bit different than joining fights half way around the world.
I suggest there are far more pressing problems on the homefront that aren't being address while far too much of our resources are spent picking sides and fundinf the killing of others.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I agree with all that. Picking sides from a remote location via SM and msm is an iffy business. We’re all distracted by problems us punters at home can’t fix. Meanwhile home issues we can have some tangible influence on are ignored, overshadowed by the theatre of msm. It’s mayhem, farce & psyops

top topics

<<   2 >>

join