It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio signal from space -

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
OK this is very strange to me sounds like a type of music - Apparently a never before heard signal was picked up .

recording

Link to article

Listen to the signal and tell me thats not artificial , Sounds like a xylophone .

A team of astronomers says they have detected a never-before-heard radio signal that offers insights into the mystery of uncharted deep space.

This signal is known as a Fast Radio Burst (FRB), a bright flash of radio light lasting for a few milliseconds and originating from beyond the Milky Way.

Some FRBs repeat themselves, and a new study published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society has shed new light. The study has detected a highly active repeating FRB signal behaving differently than anything previously detected.

That's the coolest thing I've heard !

Sounds like a xylophone because it is a xylophone. It's the sound they use to convert the data into tones.

"Most repeating FRBs gradually get lower in pitch as they go on, according to astronomers. However, FRB 20220912A is different. It has a never-before-seen change in pitch that sounds like a cosmic slide-whistle which can be heard when the data is converted into a sound clip using a xylophone. "

The range of different notes its different than the usual single note drone sounds that are picked up. If math is the universeal language and music is math, then maybe communicating with other intelligent alien life can be done through musical notes. Just like that movie, you know, that one with the synthesizer. (A# - C - G# - C - D#)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Pretty cool, at your link, near the play button, you can set the playback speed to 0.5, sounds a lot more coherent, though I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imasolipsist
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Music is math. Unsurprisingly almost any naturally occuring mathematics has a regime, if translated into audible sound the patterns lose none of their meaning. We are much more easily stimulated with sound then by esoteric mathematical functions.

I laughed a little after reading “music is math”, imagining these FRBs to be the ambient noise from an interstellar Meshuggah band practice 😂. Tomas Hakke approved!
edit on 19-12-2023 by FloridaManMatty because: Fat fingers

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This recording is horrible because, we don't know the real frequencies because the notes we hear were snapped on the exact musical notes, they even chose their own music scale for almost and turned it into midi and chose xylophone for the instrument. Why not just pitch the real signal down so human ear can hear what its really like when it is turned into audio?. A big thumbs down for me.

edit on 19-12-2023 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join