It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Obesity - Weight Loss Drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Oprah reveals she's on weight-loss medication: 'I'm absolutely done with the shaming'

Can’t stand Oprah but this is more about weight loss drugs. Celebrities, friends, family and all sorts of people are losing a lot of weight.
Some are made for diabetics, some are being used off label for weight loss. One thing is for sure, people are losing a ton of weight.
They are reducing their A1c, some are now off of bp meds, and cholesterol meds.

But…………

I say this as a person that worked for the most evil industry on earth. Big Pharma.

Do you think they would give up their golden goose? Ozempic, Wegovy etc isn’t enough.
This has me thinking they already know this will cause some weird long term problems.

No profit driven company like big Pharma is going to “cure” people and give up billions of dollars of profits from
Their other medications. It doesn’t matter if people stay on it for life, Big Pharma makes money on sick people that need a lot of meds!
So whats’ the catch?

There is a catch, I guarantee it!

edit on 13-12-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yea, I went to detox for pain meds recently. I came out of there with more pills than I went for.
They got a cure for everything. Even pills to get off pills.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If the big pharma ever actually cured or helped people, they'd lose profits. That won't happen.

Weight loss drugs? How about shutting the ol' pie hole?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Remember fen-phen? It was used as a weightloss drug from the 70's until it was removed from the market in 1997 for causing heart valve problems. Companies were fined, of course-but not until many people made their fortunes first....and the fines didn't come close to making a dent in the profits.

We'll just have to wait 20+ years to know what the negatives are.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

These medications are short term, you can not be on them for life, second once you stop the weight piles up if you do not change your diet or eating habits while on the pill.

My best friend was on the pills, she lost 50 pounds within 3 months, once she stop, two months later she is almost back to the initial weight.

The side effects are no pretty, many are long term too.

But big pharma is making tons of profits from them, they are no cures they are bandaids.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I was 50lbs overweight and felt like sh!t. I admit to taking an occasional little bump of my GF Toujeo insulin [type 1] to help with my very strict diet and exercise program. I did it slow over 6mo. and I now feel great.

I don't expect any large American corporation to do anything other than work to put money in their stockholders accounts.

edit on 13-12-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like the Richard Jeni diet.
"Send me $2.99 for my guaranteed diet plan. You will receive a 6 inch strip of adhesive tape. Just seal it over your pie hole to keep the Ring Dings out."

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Remember fen-phen? It was used as a weightloss drug from the 70's until it was removed from the market in 1997 for causing heart valve problems. Companies were fined, of course-but not until many people made their fortunes first....and the fines didn't come close to making a dent in the profits.

We'll just have to wait 20+ years to know what the negatives are.

A friend of mine did PhenPhen, not sure if he ended up with heart issues or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Oprah is a good example of how bad this weight lost programs, pills, injections and else works, she has been in many of them, lose the weight, for propaganda and to make money, then gains all the weight back.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Musk

is in on it too. Apparently he looks great now but smells like rotten eggs.

I mean if it helps kick start the motivation: great
If you keep taking anything for too long is really where the issues start.

If you only engage with people on the internet I guess it doesn't matter that much how you smell or that you now have a tendency to poop your panties

edit on 13-12-2023 by ButterfliesAndPonies because: double how

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:45 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/14/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
re...previous post

I need to make it clear that I don't advocate taking insulin bumps to lose weight. It worked for me, but has the potential to kill you if you're to stupid not have medical supervision.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't know it there's a catch or not, but for some people I would think this would be the jumping off point or incentive to keep the weight off. Losing 25+ pounds is a big deal and for some people it can be life changing in diet and exercise lifestyle. So what matters is the person's intentions going in to this drug use and what they intend to do afterwards.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anyone seen that commercial for lowering A1C? It has this morbidity obese lady wearing all blue dancing around like a fat blueberry. Hilarious.

A good diet then add in exercise. The saying is, “you can’t outrun a bad diet”. I see it all the time, someone who does all this cardio then eats a whole pizza.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.yahoo.com...

Oprah reveals she's on weight-loss medication: 'I'm absolutely done with the shaming'

Can’t stand Oprah but this is more about weight loss drugs. Celebrities, friends, family and all sorts of people are losing a lot of weight.
Some are made for diabetics, some are being used off label for weight loss. One thing is for sure, people are losing a ton of weight.
They are reducing their A1c, some are now off of bp meds, and cholesterol meds.

But…………

I say this as a person that worked for the most evil industry on earth. Big Pharma.

Do you think they would give up their golden goose? Ozempic, Wegovy etc isn’t enough.
This has me thinking they already know this will cause some weird long term problems.

No profit driven company like big Pharma is going to “cure” people and give up billions of dollars of profits from
Their other medications. It doesn’t matter if people stay on it for life, Big Pharma makes money on sick people that need a lot of meds!
So whats’ the catch?

There is a catch, I guarantee it!

It's better if you try some exercise and have a balanced diet

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I don't know it there's a catch or not, but for some people I would think this would be the jumping off point or incentive to keep the weight off. Losing 25+ pounds is a big deal and for some people it can be life changing in diet and exercise lifestyle. So what matters is the person's intentions going in to this drug use and what they intend to do afterwards.

Yes, but it can be achieved. 25 pounds is a little less than 12Kg.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Adamskii

It's better if you try some exercise and have a balanced diet

Totally agree

Limit bad carbs
Get rid of sugar
Eat in proper order
Don’t under eat
Walk
don’t drink soda or sweetened drinks like extra sweetened coffees

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I had the audacity to ask my doctor what my BMI was one day after a blood test and was informed it was 28 and I was informed I was getting obese .

Exactly a year later I again have the audacity to ask this quack a question about my health after my yearly blood test , I get looked at like a trouble maker for daring to ask this information and I am told it is now 25 and in the normal range , I have done nothing different in that year and I am still living like a slob eating what I want smoking like a chimney.

The only thing I did different was ditching the statin tablets they were giving me , I may have suggested they use them as a suppository on themselves

In the 40 + years since I left school I had put two inches on my waist
and the doctors were calling me fat but I soon lost that 2 inches .

The 10 years they had me on Gabapentine gave me dementia, that might explain why I have a security guard between me and the doctor

edit on 14/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's all about the money from drugs. I have 2 friends and they are thin as rakes. My best friend, I have known all my life, I have seen him eat that much his stomach expands but he has never ever put any weight on. So what's that then. Is it genes? Why isn't the medical profession looking into this, Why? Because it would ruin their money making It's exactly the same with "finding a cure for cancer" is another thing that will never happen. I would probably bet say 99% of you know someone who never puts weight on.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
It's all about the money from drugs. I have 2 friends and they are thin as rakes. My best friend, I have known all my life, I have seen him eat that much his stomach expands but he has never ever put any weight on. So what's that then. Is it genes? Why isn't the medical profession looking into this, Why? Because it would ruin their money making It's exactly the same with "finding a cure for cancer" is another thing that will never happen. I would probably bet say 99% of you know someone who never puts weight on.

My mom was never over 110 in her adult life, even while pregnant!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join