It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan Uses Drugs & Owns Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
youtu.be...
Joe Rogan is one of the most open users of cannabis, '___' , shrooms etc… yet he owns guns & a conceal carry permit. Joe smokes weed with other gun owners on his podcast/youtube channel infront of millions, yet is still allowed to lie on his federal background checks in regard to his drug use ?

Hunter Biden whom I have no respect for is being charged for owning a gun & admitting to drug use when purchasing said gun . Once again Im not defending Hunter Biden in any way , but this is hypocritical of many Rogan fans who claim Hunter Biden is a criminal .
You cant have it both ways . Either Hunter is cleared of wrongdoing , allowed to use drugs & buy/own guns or Joe Rogan needs to face federal charges.
Many members here are Rogan fans who believe Joe to be conservative , yet hate Hunter Biden while calling him a criminal ?
Hypocrisy is horrible as is unequal justice.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BehindYou

this is actually a good argument. Other than Joe Rogan being conservative that is.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Oh, is the question whether or not you've ever used drugs or is the question whether or not you are a drug addict? It would be pretty difficult to prove you're addicted to shrooms or dmt lol, or anything really... unless you were dumb enough to admit it in a memoir no one asked for. Next.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I agree.

We should look into Joe Rogan for tax evasion.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

On November 14, 2016, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) announced changes to Form 4473 – the form that federal law requires any transferee to complete before acquiring a firearm from a licensed dealer. Question 11.e on Form 4473 asks the purchaser: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Among the changes, which will go into effect on January 16, 2017, is bold lettering warning potential transferees that “the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medical or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.”

fedsoc.org...

Based on the wording, an argument could be made that because Joe Rogan admitted to using drugs in a public way, that he sets himself up for the same charges Hunter is facing. It's not a (who you like) kind of rule, it's just the law. Should it be changed? Obviously, due to how MJ and even shrooms have been legalized in some states. It's time for the federal government to stop the classification of MJ as a schedule 1 drug. (IMHO)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hunter lied on his application. Joe probably did not. That would be my assumption. Also, if he bought his guns in Texas, I am sure Texas is much like Missouri, where you do not HAVE to buy a gun from a registered dealer. You can buy a gun from anyone that is selling one in Missouri.

Hunter should have bought his gun in Missouri. But I am sure coming to Missouri would make him ill what with all the cretinous hillbilly bible thumpers everywhere.
edit on 12-12-2023 by dust2023 because: .

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah well, Joe Rogan also isn't the presidents son.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

Oh, is the question whether or not you've ever used drugs or is the question whether or not you are a drug addict? It would be pretty difficult to prove you're addicted to shrooms or dmt lol, or anything really... unless you were dumb enough to admit it in a memoir no one asked for. Next.

on Form 4473 asks the purchaser: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have never known anyone to get baked and feel like fighting. I have however seen violence from those high on crack and meth.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

Peace.

The Federal laws apply to everyone .
So the more powerful you are , the more scrutiny you should come under ? That sounds very anti-constitutional.
Joe Rogan breaks Federal law & isn’t prosecuted for it & Hunter is ?
I can’t stand Hunter Biden , but we can’t have it both ways . Both Rogan & Hunter are powerful people with money, fame & influence . Yet one is charged & one isn’t for drug use while owning firearms

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The law is to antiquated on this issue.

It’s too broadly defined when the scope is obvious, people possessing guns in the sale of drugs (which is one of the leading causes of gun crime).

Like almost any other crime, I’d like to see intent be a factor in prosecution.

Are you a well off individual who lives a balanced life with no clear intent to commit crimes? And I don’t even mean well off as rich, I just mean is it obvious someone makes an effort at having their life in order.

If you’re not involved in drug trafficking, I don’t see how smoking weed is any different than drinking. In fact, if we took out trafficking of weed, I’d be hard pressed to learn more people use a weapon while under the influence of weed than alcohol.

These laws shouldn’t be arbitrary, they should be thoughtful.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adlow75yo

I have never known anyone to get baked and feel like fighting. I have however seen violence from those high on crack and meth.
I agree , but this thread isn’t about the effects of drugs on people , but rather the hypocrisy of one of the right’s heroes ( Joe Rogan ) vs one of the right’s enemies in Hunter Biden .

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Peace.

As I was just reading in another topic, all US laws apply to all US citizens.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

He probably hasn't been arrested for drug use. So background checks for purchase or concealed permit don't turn up anything.
Podcasts are entertainment.
Nobody has to tell the truth any more.

"I could say that I shot someone on Fifth Avenue and only a fool would believe me."

Now if some LEO friend turned on him, things might change.

edit on 12-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The law is to antiquated on this issue.

It’s too broadly defined when the scope is obvious, people possessing guns in the sale of drugs (which is one of the leading causes of gun crime).

Like almost any other crime, I’d like to see intent be a factor in prosecution.

Are you a well off individual who lives a balanced life with no clear intent to commit crimes? And I don’t even mean well off as rich, I just mean is it obvious someone makes an effort at having their life in order.

If you’re not involved in drug trafficking, I don’t see how smoking weed is any different than drinking. In fact, if we took out trafficking of weed, I’d be hard pressed to learn more people use a weapon while under the influence of weed than alcohol.

These laws shouldn’t be arbitrary, they should be thoughtful.
This tread isn’t about the what should be law , it’s about the laws currently.
Rogan is a violator of federal gun ownership via his drug use as is Hunter Biden , but why is one being charged & one is doing drugs on a podcast in Texas ( weed is illegal in Texas ) while owning guns
edit on 12-12-2023 by BehindYou because: as

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

He probably hasn't been arrested for drug use. So background checks for purchase or concealed permit don't turn up anything.

"I could say that I shot someone on Fifth Avenue and only a fool would be believe me."

To own a gun in America, you need to answer questions about drug use on a Federal form .

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: You need to answer yes or now to drug use on the federal form post=27246264]FullHeathen[/post]

"I could say that I shot someone on Fifth Avenue and only a fool would believe me."

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Sometimes what’s fair is a complicated question which never leads to answers that satisfy everyone.

Personally, I don’t care if this instance is fair, and I’ll tell you why.

Crack addiction is a whole lot different than smoking refer. What’s more likely, a hundred millionaire family man smokes weed and commits a violent crime, or someone who’s struggled with hard drug addictions goes on a bender and screws up?

Weed can’t be compared with hard drugs. It can’t even be compared with alcohol which is legal.

At the end of the day, good luck finding a DA who wants to pick up a case for a citizen who has a good family life and no record or reasonable cause.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hunter Biden IS a criminal, but not because he owns a gun and uses drugs. The second amendment says nothing about drug use. It says "shall not be infringed".

He should never have been charged for the gun to start with, but they were trying to get him off easy and sweep his other crimes under the rug. It didn't work.

So yes, clear him of the gun charges and try him for his real crimes.

ETA: Yes I know the law, and your argument is good.

edit on 12/12/2023 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Peace.

As I was just reading in another topic, all US laws apply to all US citizens.
Unless it’s someone on your political side.
Most here on ATS want Hunter Biden put in prison for lying on his Federal background check about drug use , but as you can see are already making excuses for right leaning Joe Rogan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join