It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There's something strange...In the neighborhood"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UseHer

South Carolina...I just might retire there...maybe...

Living here in 2023 is dirt cheap. Our 1994 home on waterfront is over 4500 SQ FT. Property taxes are $4100 / year for all. Will it stay like that who knows.

They arent keen on unions yet wages are high. Our hoghest HVAC bill on home was NEVER above $375 / month.

Its not all shangrala as many here are in a 1950's time warp and boy do they still hate Yankees. Plus, call it the "war" but never the "civil" war. Great state to accumulate cash and either stay or go elseware once you get to that point. Whatever was written about southern charm and hospitality is bull#. Even the native born southernors will laugh at that as they know its carp.

Whoever wrote that in the history books is full of sheet.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

South Carolina...I just might retire there...maybe...

Living here in 2023 is dirt cheap. Our 1994 home on waterfront is over 4500 SQ FT. Property taxes are $4100 / year for all. Will it stay like that who knows.

They arent keen on unions yet wages are high. Our hoghest HVAC bill on home was NEVER above $375 / month.

Its not all shangrala as many here are in a 1950's time warp and boy do they still hate Yankees. Plus, call it the "war" but never the "civil" war. Great state to accumulate cash and either stay or go elseware once you get to that point. Whatever was written about southern charm and hospitality is bull#. Even the native born southernors will laugh at that as they know its carp.

Whoever wrote that in the history books is full of sheet.

Ummm...thanks for the heads up...We're planning on keeping the cottage on Lake Ontario and summering up here...The ole lady...bless her heart...absolutely loves Charleston...Hope she takes a picture as we're passing by on the sailboat...
I've had a taste of that..."Southern charm"...as well. Fortunately I have the subconscious knack of picking up the local accent where ever I'm parked for any stretch...and tend to blend in...

Yessir...Southern people...are people too...in all their warts and flatulence...

UseHer

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Charleston and Aiken are quite civilized. Southern charm may be real there.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join