It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars I see here in Detroit…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I live north of Detroit. Know as the automobile capital of the world…Some cool cars and some WTF cars…

Why this color? Just why and who buys this…

I call this the snow plow without the plow…

I saw this last night at a new battery company for EV’s. What are they planing?

Dead Teslas…

Ok cool Jeep!

I see this driving all the time…cool orange!

Weiner in the ditch…

At dealership near my house! Cool!

Cool too! Let’s see your fav or not fav cars!

edit on 29-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

1960 Ford Falcon, first car purchased, used.

Ball joints shot. Serious shaking between 38-45 mph. Got me from Cailfornia to Missouri. Abandoned in a clover patch, where I then found three 4 leaf clovers. Lucky me!

Not built in Detroit though. Probably the Canada plant.

Assembly:
Claycomo, Missouri
Milpitas, California
Edison, New Jersey
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Cuautitlán, Mexico
Broadmeadows, Australia
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arica, Chile (Chilemotores S.A.)
edit on 29-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

The reflection looks like a silver VW Beetle going the other way.

edit on 29-11-2023 by crowf00t because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ocdn.eu...

Fiat 500 by Gucci... An absolute guilty pleasure...

i.wpimg.pl...

edit on 11:11:2023 by Agleaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'll take the orange car, please

I'm surprised you didn't get a shot of a vehicle with the "new" take off on primer paint.
Primer grey, primer red. Horrible and cheap looking.
And "crayon" colors with little depth to them...like they ran out of money before they could paint the vehicle.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I studied auto design, for a while (did not graduate) at the Art Center College of Design (if you know, you know) back in the late 1970's.

The 70's onward was a bad/sad time for "cool car" design. Safety, environmental, and corporate economic concerns became the "taskmasters" directing automotive style....leading us to the vehicles of today: virtually identical boxes on wheels, indistinguishable except for the nameplates.

That first photo (KIA Soul?) at least shows an attempt to break away from the "any color as long as it's black/grey/white" trend. Cars are so expensive nowadays that only fleet purchasers (rental companies, mostly) can afford them, and they won't buy any color that might reduce the likelihood of resale on the secondhand market.

One of the reasons most car interiors today are black or grey, occasionally beige. Interiors used to come in almost as many colors as the exteriors.

I have a theory about the size of American trucks...it has to do with a certain segment of the American male population's "need" to compensate for perceived "personal inadequacy".

Not a big fan of Ferrari design since the late 60's, too much "hey look at me" flash, not enough Italian "sensuality" IMO.

If you really have "It" (whatever it may be), you don't have to flaunt it....they'll know.

In that vein, I will say that I am very smitten by the Ferrari Roma.

Even though the Roma is Ferrari's "entry level" vehicle, it has that "bellissimo!" understated sensuality that Ferraris of the past made iconic.
edit on 29-11-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Wow that car served you! It gave you the shakes too! It looks cool! Now it’s in a patch lol but the clover is awesome!

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

You are right it looks like a beetle!

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Haha!!! You are funny! I am going to find the car with the primer paint for you! The orange car I see all the time. The girl even drives it in the winter. Not in deep snow but it is all wheel drive!

It is bueatiful!

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I live in Saginaw, Mi and I swear I seen that orange lambo here many times. I've seen it parked in a couple well to do places near by to me in Saginaw twp.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Orange car is a Lamborghini Huracan (Hurricane).

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Haha!!! You are funny! I am going to find the car with the primer paint for you! The orange car I see all the time. The girl even drives it in the winter. Not in deep snow but it is all wheel drive!

It is bueatiful!
See my post above, lol she must get around in that orange lambo. Maybe she's a high class stripper or hooker?
edit on 29-11-2023 by CataclysmicRockets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

This is a really nice post! Thank you!

That is a Hyundai. Same as Kia yes! I had to blur it because the plate was showing!
edit on 29-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

She is the owner of 8 Restaurants, I bet there is one up there! I see her all the time in West Bloomfield!

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Call me an automotive philistine but I don’t care all that much for cars. I appreciate a modest, reliable vehicle that gets me there and gets me home.

Guitars, on the other hand? Are you familiar with the term GAS? It stands for Guitar Acquisition Syndrome and I’m the GASsiest there is.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I decided to write a story about That One Special Car that I owned for four years. Sorry there are no pictures to show though.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Kinda wonder if Detroit is the car capital anymore
Do they still manufacture many cars in Detroit
Can’t say I know much about its history, seem to hear US industry is on the decline

Korea, India and China seem to be increasing market share in Australia, taking over from Western manufacturers.
Ford, Holden (GM) closed their plants down all together here, now just import our vehicles from mostly Asia

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Creaky

The big 3 are here GM, Ford and Chrysler! There are a lot of plants around Detroit. I know a lot of the engineers are here. I have a friend who works for Ford and he Molds new designs out of wax or clay.

You are right. So many cars are now made outside of the USA!

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My garage is specialized to service the late 80`s to mid 90`s OBD1 cars and Ive collected a few along the way. Personally the coolest car to come into my collection so far is a surviving example of a 2 year only project between Pontiac, ASC, and Mclaren, a 1989 Turbo Grand Prix. Turbo 3.1 came from the same guys that created the Buick GNX a few years earlier, has heads up display, active compass in a retro driver computer, electronic brake system thats a death trap, and widest tires ever fitted on a FWD car from factory.

A buddy of mine found it on a salvage auction site and it was to be scrapped because they couldnt get it started. I paid more to have the car delivered and all it needed was a new battery and for the instructions to be read concerning the aftermarket alarm. They built these for 2 years 1989 and 1990 for a whooping total of about 1600, of which only about 350-400 in `89. Red and black only with tan or black interior. There's not very many left in the world now, its hard to find alot of parts like tail lights and interior parts but alot of the stuff underneath is still in production. I can honestly tell people I own a Mclaren without paying Mclaren prices

edit on R0000003730Eth06pm2023-11-29T18:59:37-06:00k by RustEShackelFord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RustEShackelFord

That is a nice car! My friend had a Grand National Buick and I can still feel my heart stopping lol.

In Michigan here I can’t stand the new braking systems in snow. The ABS will make you slide into another car. Cadillac years ago came out with ride control. So if you turned really sharp it would correct your steering into a tree. lol.

I had a Subaru WRX and the ABS stopped working and I was sooooo happy!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join