It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Europe's most progressive country votes for the right...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So, fed up with immigration, rising taxes and falling services, the people of Holland gave Geert Vilders VPP party most seats of any of the parties in the Dutch Parliament with 37.
Now, he will obvbviously have to find some partners for a coalition because a majority requires 76 seats out of 150.

But when you think how laid back every Dutch person you ever met seems to be, this is a hell of a result.

The left wing press is still in denial though claiming that no party should have ever discussed immigration, EU membership or anti islamisation.

This is what happens when mainstream parties don't listen to people, they go and vote for someone else.

Graun link

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

And what happens when the voters have an attention span shorter than a youtube clip... That's right they keep voting even hough nothing ever happens that would actually solve the issues...
But if they would solve the issue what empty promise will the politicians have to entice the voter once everyone has forgotten about the last election lie... On and on and on, left, right, in lockstep the sheeps are kept divided and slowly but surely lead to the slaughterhouse.

We are approaching charismatic populist leaders with grand promises of a final solution faster than we can vote...

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

And what happens when the voters have an attention span shorter than a youtube clip... That's right they keep voting even hough nothing ever happens that would actually solve the issues...
But if they would solve the issue what empty promise will the politicians have to entice the voter once everyone has forgotten about the last election lie... On and on and on, left, right, in lockstep the sheeps are kept divided and slowly but surely lead to the slaughterhouse.

We are approaching charismatic populist leaders with grand promises of a final solution faster than we can vote...

Well the status quo isnt working is it? Gotta expect some action from the peopel we elect else they dont get our votes in the future.
Look at how lots of votes for UKIP created fundamental changes in the UK.
Look how their votes fell away once the people got what they wanted?
Politicians have to stop using migrants as a quick fix for GDP and realise that if you are importing people in such numbers you have to build schools, hospitals, roads, resevoiors, railways and sewage treatment for them.
Not just expect the natives to pay more for less and be silent about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
So, fed up with immigration, rising taxes and falling services, the people of Holland gave Geert Vilders VPP party most seats of any of the parties in the Dutch Parliament with 37.
Now, he will obvbviously have to find some partners for a coalition because a majority requires 76 seats out of 150.

But when you think how laid back every Dutch person you ever met seems to be, this is a hell of a result.

The left wing press is still in denial though claiming that no party should have ever discussed immigration, EU membership or anti islamisation.

This is what happens when mainstream parties don't listen to people, they go and vote for someone else.

Graun link

What's unfortunate everywhere it appears is that the people have been brainwashed into thinking they only have to pick between two choices, when they really don't have to go that route.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Graun link

What's unfortunate everywhere it appears is that the people have been brainwashed into thinking they only have to pick between two choices, when they really don't have to go that route.

They actually have way more choices in Holland's PR system than most of us are used to.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Graun link

They actually have way more choices in Holland's PR system than most of us are used to.

It's not so much the number of choices as the brainwashing and/or inherent problems with special interest funding for a two party system, which leaves one perhaps forced to choose a lesser evil when their desired candidate has no chance in hell of winning due to the usual reasons.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yeah like someone voting Tory because they know UKIP wont get it, or voting Labour but they really want Greens

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yeah like someone voting Tory because they know UKIP wont get it, or voting Labour but they really want Greens

I don't know depends on the issues I guess for some people, perhaps not for others. I'd say economics is playing the top dog concern for most people these days, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is for most of us who have to struggle a bit with affording stuff.
Not so much for the stupid or lucky.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You think the Staus quo is challenged trough politics? Not at all it's kept in place trough politics. But I agree it isn't working and people are waking up to it... Unfortunately they don't realize the scheme they're caught up with.

There will be a whole generation going into pension soon, a big part of western demographic is made up of that generation... The problem might very soon be the other way around with empty schools and a lack of workforce, not to talk about pension funds for the coming generations being totally unsustainable.

It's not something the ruling class tends to worry their sheeps about, they are things that require foresight and situational awareness... Not something the sheeps are proficient at.
so long the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and the wolf is making it's round they will happily vote left, right, left, right all the way to the slaughterhouse...
edit on 23-11-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It is for most of us who have to struggle a bit with affording stuff.
Not so much for the stupid or lucky.

So you see then, there are many variables involved.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Thats rather an apocalyptic view.
Whats the solution though? It cant really be to import millions who dont share any cultural baggage with the natives.

Maybe take a longer term view and build a society that encourages larger families?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I've been to various places in Holland over the years.
Last time I was there it was almost unrecognisable to what it was the first time I went.

Belgium is even worse.

edit on 23/11/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You're cultural identity is just another layer of division...

It means nothing in the greater scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I believe ya. I found London similar when I went back a few years ago. Different world to the one I saw as a kid.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You're cultural identity is just another layer of division...

It means nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Well it may mean nothing to you, and you are free to shrug yours off, but it means the world to me and my mates it's not yours to denigrate or remove though.

edit on rdpThu, 23 Nov 2023 11:59:28 -060020232023-11-23T11:59:28-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: typing

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I used to work in London a long time ago. I have to go there sometimes.

I don't recognize the place and for some reason I find the bendy Buses scary.

I don't speak Starbucks either.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I used to work in London a long time ago. I have to go there sometimes.

I don't recognize the place and for some reason I find the bendy Buses scary.

I don't speak Starbucks either.

Seee, knowing what you di for a living I'd have had you down for a Pret at least, maybe even a Harrods Sandwich at bonus time

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Lived in the tri-border area 2014-2018 so right before unchecked immigration to a bad point in that unchecked immigration.

Gangelt was the sleepy little town and it was a leave your doors unlocked kind of town when we got there.

I was into hashing (running club with a drinking problem for those that dont know) so got to know a good bit of locals, almost all of them at the start were we have to help these people, and by the time I left when assaults were up, theft was way up, american women from the nearby base were being tracked by "immigrants" as they took their kids to the bus stop. (first time it happened ladies were paying attention and went to a local school for help, even managed to get pictures of the guys. Cops said yea we know who they are we arent allowed to touch them unless we catch them committing a crime.) Locals I had gotten to know who were for the mass immigration were yelling get these people out of here.

Govt response, stop being racists, xenophobic etc... it was bound to jump the other direction, im surprised it took this long.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thats a hell of a grim story but all too believeable in m y experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join