It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits Gaza Strip with the equivalent of two nuclear bombs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Dog....

I agree the title should've been adjusted to state the equivalency to two WW2 nukes.

On that note, everybody here that bombarded you with nonsense could've done a quick 10 second google search, like I did, to see what you were talking about.

Most people don't care about that though; as has been made apparent, the deliberate false equivalencies made about the borderline false equivalency are.... well, deliberate. There's only three, maybe four people that see both sides of the issue going on overseas right now, and the rest will die on their Hill of Israel and defend every action made by them - even their killing of civilians is perfectly fine because.... I don't know, blah blah antisemitisms. I'm sure the same people were totally supportive of all of the collateral damage from the US throughout our Middle Eastern invasion, right?

..... Right, guys?

This doesn't take away, however, from the overboard acts that were committed in October. To defend that in any way, or even disregard it, says a lot about one's character and moral compass.

Bad is Bad, it doesn't matter who it is, or what the justification is. If you ask me, this is all caused by post 1940's actions that never should have happened, which lead to one group being little a$$hats to another group of a$$hats, and the group of a$$hats that dealt with crap for decades dwelled on everything until they unleashed the most barbaric acts in todays day and age, only to be met with shameless retaliation defensed by years of victimization (and people's lack of long-term memory).

I do have to agree that as opposed to certain things i've seen pointing out the terror and poor decision making skills of both sides, this does seem to propagate one side exponentially over the other, so there's that.

All in all, what's good for the geese is good for the gander.
edit on 21-11-2023 by dothedew because: I did more things

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Dog....

I agree the title should've been adjusted to state the equivalency to two WW2 nukes.

On that note, everybody here that bombarded you with nonsense could've done a quick 10 second google search, like I did, to see what you were talking about.

Or just looked at the article. I guess the Arabic language characters on the logo set off the trigger alarms.

Most people don't care about that though; as has been made apparent, the deliberate false equivalencies made about the borderline false equivalency are.... well, deliberate.

That borderline rests squarely on the engineers who found, through experimentation, the "Estimated Explosive Equivalence Unit" of TNT in order to roughly measure explosive yield of nuclear weapons.

..... Right, guys?

This doesn't take away, however, from the overboard acts that were committed in October. To defend that in any way, or even disregard it, says a lot about one's character and moral compass.

I have yet to read any post on all of ATS that defends Oct 7th attacks by HAMAS, but I can see why a reader might get that impression based on how often it is thrown around as an accusation.

Sad that we have to include every victim of every atrocity ever if you wish to express condemnation of violence against any particular group of people.

Bad is Bad, it doesn't matter who it is, or what the justification is. If you ask me, this is all caused by post 1940's actions that never should have happened, which lead to one group being little a$$hats to another group of a$$hats, and the group of a$$hats that dealt with crap for decades dwelled on everything until they unleashed the most barbaric acts in todays day and age, only to be met with shameless retaliation defensed by years of victimization (and people's lack of long-term memory).

I agree 100% with this assessment and more.

I do have to agree that as opposed to certain things i've seen pointing out the terror and poor decision making skills of both sides, this does seem to propagate one side exponentially over the other, so there's that.

Check out this post for the HAMAS numbers, because I agree it's important for comparison of the under-reported number of IDF bombs unleashed on civilians to join 70% of the total IDF kill count.

a reply to: OmegaLogos

I have no idea what that means, but NOTHING about this conflict is good for the world.
edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

Or just looked at the article. I guess the Arabic language characters on the logo set off the trigger alarms.... That borderline rests squarely on the engineers who found, through experimentation, the "Estimated Explosive Equivalence Unit" of TNT in order to roughly measure explosive yield of nuclear weapons.

I went through the article, but then had to do a quick google to compare the explosive force of TNT and Nukes, as they've changed throughout the years. Todays nukes are overwhelmingly more powerful than the ones of yesteryear.

Sad that we have to include every victim of every atrocity ever if you wish to express condemnation of violence against any particular group of people.

I had to include that statement as to not be labeled some sort of terror sympathizer, or whatever todays buzzword is. It really is depressing.

Check out this post for the HAMAS numbers, because I agree it's important for comparison of the under-reported number of IDF bombs unleashed on civilians to join 70% of the total IDF kill count.... I have no idea what that means, but NOTHING about this conflict is good for the world.

Basically, if one party is going to bomb another, it is reasonable to expect the same in return from said bombed party. Just trying to stay neutral and objective on the matter, and keeping both fronts in mind.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor

How many innocent people were murdered using fireworks last July?

So it seems you have abandoned your very own OP as you now realize how inaccurate, hyperbolic, and disingenuous it is as it seems to just want to push the anti-Israel narrative with zero truth to it all.

In a way, I'm glad you posted this as it also shows to what levels these people are willing to go to get people like you to believe in something that isn't true. This brings up what else is not true and frabicated with one purpose to push anti-Israel initiatives in the press.

How many people now read the same article and think without doing simple math, like you didn't do too, that it's like Israel is dropping Nukes on Gaza as to the sheer volume of their attacks?

Makes one now question the 12,000 dead, Hamas doesn't have tunnels under protected buildings, and Hamas isn't killing their own people, so thank you for proving many of our points.

As to math if all attacks were 200 lb rockets Israel would need to accomplish 250,000 attacks or shoot 3 million 155 artillery rounds. Get the picture?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
I went through the article, but then had to do a quick google to compare the explosive force of TNT and Nukes, as they've changed throughout the years. Todays nukes are overwhelmingly more powerful than the ones of yesteryear.

Ahh I see. I did rush the thread through. Title is jacked. No number figuring in the topic post. I had to google it too.
They're still nukes, though, and they were used on civilian populations.

Basically, if one party is going to bomb another, it is reasonable to expect the same in return from said bombed party. Just trying to stay neutral and objective on the matter, and keeping both fronts in mind.

Let's put them side by side so we can make that fair assessment:

-HAMAS-
Low: 10,000 rockets x 9kg = 90,000kg /1000 = 90 tons

High: 10,000 rockets x 144kg = 1,440,000kg / 1000 = 1,440 tons = 1.44kt

-IDF-
Low: 150 X 10,000 = 1,500,000 = 1.5kt

High: 1,000 X 10,000 = 10,000,000 = 10kt

These numbers are weeks old, and the numbers for IDF come from the Israeli War Minister as "more than 10,000 bombs dropped on Gaza alone."

I imagine IDF rates continue while HAMAS rates have fallen off by comparison.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

TY

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A very quick search this and came up

"With an explosive yield of a few hundred tons, the Beirut blast would have been significantly less powerful than the atomic bomb that devastated Hiroshima, which had an estimated yield of about 15 kilotons.

The explosive power would, however, be comparable to the lowest-yield B61 nuclear gravity bomb, which is believed to have an explosive yield of about 300 tons."

I dont know how often ive read reports from russia/ukraine war and pundits equalling the orniments used and how it compares to nuclear bombs.

This thread is #ing discusting btw, this is human beings you're talking about.

Many members on here i look up to displaying what it is to be an american i guess.

Jesus #ing christ..

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeginswithanS

"With an explosive yield of a few hundred tons, the Beirut blast would have been significantly less powerful than the atomic bomb that devastated Hiroshima, which had an estimated yield of about 15 kilotons.

The explosive power would, however, be comparable to the lowest-yield B61 nuclear gravity bomb, which is believed to have an explosive yield of about 300 tons."

I dont know how often ive read reports from russia/ukraine war and pundits equalling the orniments used and how it compares to nuclear bombs.

Many members on here i look up to displaying what it is to be an american i guess.

Jesus #ing christ..

if you want a little nuke, I give you the Davy Crockett! low yield bazooka nuke

I cant imagine being one of the poor idiots told to fire this.

edit on stpTue, 21 Nov 2023 13:44:21 -060020232023-11-21T13:44:21-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Jesus #ing christ..

Thank you. I agree.

But NO! this is not "American" in the slightest, other than the fact that the opinions are indeed protected by the 1st Amendment as a right of free speech.

Free speech is very American!

Any and every opinion on a war is individualistic and no state boundary will determine who believes what for any free-thinking human being on Planet Earth.

It is very American to march in peaceful protest or support for absolutely anything you can possibly imagine, no matter how revolting any other person may find it.

It is very American to peacefully protest the atrocities of any people.

It is very American to peacefully condemn violence against children in any number, anywhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Jesus #ing christ..

if you want a little nuke, I give you the Davy Crockett! low yield bazooka nuke

I cant imagine being one of the poor idiots told to fire this.

That right there is a couple of hand grips away from the infamous "Fatman" from the Fallout Franchise. I'm sure they designed their in-game weapon off of this.

Good to know it was/is a thing though!

Now i know what I'm asking Santa for this year...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

High: 1,000 X 10,000 = 10,000,000 = 10kt

Most are 200 lbs or well under that... 1,000/,2000 are rare, for example, they dropped 2 Nov 3 on every specific targets.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What did hamas or the people in Gaza expect?

This is nothing right now. In the next months Gaza will be a demolition site. On par with a tsunami going through.

There were videos of citizens in Gaza cheering on hamas. What is weird there isn’t a major out lash from them on hamas.

At least I don’t see it anywhere.

If Hamas is the target, why isn’t there more out lash from the community?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Ok? The world burns the equivalent power found in 2 or three nuclear weapons every few days in fuel.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd like to nuke this thread.

(post by BiothermalReactor removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I see that the pro-hamas crowd has dropped the (H)yperbole bomb.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

a reply to: 777Vader

How's this for laughs?

I did Nazi this coming!

You're Göring to crack me up!

ADMIN Edit: Sorry, removed Nazi propaganda piece that the member above posted.
edit on Nov 21st 2023 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Posting Nazi propaganda will get you banned.

This warning will only be posted once.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have no idea what that means, but NOTHING about this conflict is good for the world.

You're young aren't you ? Like 25 at the oldest.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This thread should be titled " Oppenheimer's comparison equations "

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join