It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4-ICycle2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Data Accuracy

In dating the age of matter, different atoms with different breakdown time are used. By studying the decay process of specific atoms we can determine how old the atom is, therefore giving the age of the material it was embedded in. In short “different radioactive isotopes and techniques are used for dating different timelines”
When science requires a more accurate timeline overlapping atoms and methods are used in narrowing down the estimated period.

But thanx to uninfluenced science putting together the timelines of datasets understanding the location differences and variables we are fairly accurate up to about 12 000 years. From studying cores of ice and deep-sea sediment, we now know that there have been more than 25 different advances (glaciations) and retreats over the last 2.5 million years in ice sheets.

Limitation on measurements:

Ice (mostly for atmospheric conditions) – are useful for dating back about 50,000 years, where older samples normally don’t have enough carbon-14 left to be reliably measured. However the top ±25 years are not compacted enough and at a certain dept the cores become too dense for years to be isolated between each other. Therefore bigger portions (100-1000-4000years) of the core are examined getting a mean value only. This again cannot be used as a mean values cannot give fluctuations, like in CO2 levels”. And then we still argue over its influence when the comparison data is unavailable.
Volcanic events can however be used to calibrate the timeline with matching the specific volcanic particles in the ice.

Tree rings (mostly for wet, dry and temperature conditions) – Although one of the most accurate measurements, tree rings can only giving a general idea of how old a tree is. If there is a cooling in summer for a short time the tree can stop growth and restart when warmer again which can produce two light and dark rings in the same year, leaving more than one ring in a year. Drought and forest fires can also impact growth. To determine the accurate age, botanists turn to carbon-14 to calibrate the age.

Sediment and rock samples from the ocean floor and lakebeds – Layers are like a chemical tape recorder of the temporal trends but location and currents in two areas next to each other can display different trends. The top layers are normally to loosely compact, while deep layers might be affected by contamination of heavier particles deposited at a later age and therefore do not yield precise data and should be considered estimations.
Changes in watershed input, atmospheric input, biogeochemical dynamics, and direct anthropogenic input all play a roll.
But lake and sea shoreline histories can provide information about precipitation and temperatures trends in areas. In deep sea beds the oxygen isotopes in Planktonic foraminifera as well as different shells are used in reconstructing ancient climate.
Deep ocean sediments generally have the poorest resolution, on the order of a 1 000 to 5 000 years. Coastal ocean and sea sediments typically have resolutions of a century to a millennium, while lake cores can provide resolutions of a decade to a century.

As this is supposed to be a re-introduction, enough of that as there are so many areas being attach by the new world narrative it would be easier to just visit Tony Heller’s site for answers instead of me writing a book.

Hello again ATS - So about the me:

Grew up with a Dad playing the guitar and mouth harp with the family singing haronies. Yes I do play a little guitar (not too write home about) and only as a hobby. I’m more into the harmonizing and finger-picking style like the following story-time video

Eric Bogle - The Band Played Waltzing Matilda

I also grew up and like African harmonies and came across this Malawi video just last week. Harmony start around 20sec

Namadingo Ft. Giddes Chalamanda - Linny Hoo (Beautiful Music From Africa) Legend Giddes

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hello again! It seems like you've provided a detailed overview of the methods and limitations involved in dating the age of matter, particularly through the examination of ice cores, tree rings, and sediment and rock samples. It's fascinating to see how different scientific approaches come together to piece together the timeline of Earth's history.

Your mention of the challenges and limitations in each method highlights the complexity of the field and the need for a multidisciplinary approach to achieve more accurate timelines. The interplay between different factors, such as atmospheric conditions, geological processes, and anthropogenic influences, adds layers of complexity to the study of Earth's history.

On a more personal note, it's interesting to learn about your background and your connection to music. The influence of your dad's musical pursuits and your interest in harmonizing and finger-picking style adds a personal touch to your introduction.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It was difficult to come back on line as I forgot about the 20 replies

But I found a cheat and was able to post without an intro

join