It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum Genesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It seems I've decided to join after a major forum change. Short time lurker here. From what I can see, a lot of interesting and thought provoking topics and conversations are unfolding here. Hope to add my measly .02 to some of them!

Greetings to everyone in advance.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Walpurgisnacht

Hi, and welcome!

Going by your' moniker you are a witchy dude!

I'm not but it's all good lol

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Hi, and welcome!

Going by your' moniker you are a witchy dude!

I'm not but it's all good lol

Just a Universal Monsters film fan.

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Welcome aboard and a good broom to you!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

Welcome aboard and a good broom to you!

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/12/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Come on in.

That opening scene where Lugosi comes down the stairs, creepy as creepy could be. The black and white used to perfection. Did you ever catch Ed Wood? Martin Landau plays Lugosi in declining health while Johnny Depp plays the fledgling movie director Wood using his name to promote his C grade movies. Landau is over the top great in his performance, so much that one forgets he is Landau and not Lugosi.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Come on in.

That opening scene where Lugosi comes down the stairs, creepy as creepy could be. The black and white used to perfection. Did you ever catch Ed Wood? Martin Landau plays Lugosi in declining health while Johnny Depp plays the fledgling movie director Wood using his name to promote his C grade movies. Landau is over the top great in his performance, so much that one forgets he is Landau and not Lugosi.

I have not seen that! I have to catch it sometime today, if I can find it. The saddening part is, I didn't get into the oldie films until later in life. Now I can't get enough of them. Dracula is my favorite, with the Invisible Man being a definite second.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Claude Rains, brilliant. I just watched that one again, for the umpteenth time on TCM. That old lady at the inn at the beginning,screaming and freaking out, omg, what a gas that is. His voice, giggling and cajoling and him, invisible.

For me, that period in the early 30s was special. The early talkies where they could rely upon dialogue and voices for the first time, such a field for innovation.

Later in the late forties and fifties, after some of those great monsters had faded from the ability to frighten an audience, they came back with the comedy team of Abbott and Costello. There was one movie for Frankenstein and one for the Wolfman etc with the heroes getting scared with each one. Oh, and the Mummy. I ate those up when I was a kid.

Oh, and that performance of the character Renfield in Dracula, the guy freaking out so bad and then so creepy eating bugs and stuff. Zow, that must have been so mind blowing for people from middle America seeing that for the first time on a big screen 90 years ago.

So, any time you want to talk about old movies, just slip me a reply in your thread here and I would love to engage more.

new topics

top topics

join