It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Word of God is Alive"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."-Hebrews 4:12.

In my time on this website, which I don't know if it will be coming to a close soon or not, I have oft quoted scripture. And oft been rebuffed and ridiculed for it. Sometimes was asked why I would, as it is all fairy tales and myth. And of course, as I could I would try to reason with unbelievers why there is good reason to believe God's word is not mere words of men. But it really is authored by the Supreme Sovereign of the universe.

But this scripture quoted above is why I love quoting God's word. It is because it is alive. Holy spirit, or God's active force, is just that. God is the source of all energy. And he has at his disposal a limitless supply of energy. The universe is a testament to his great and awe-inspiring power! Beyond the mind's ability to comprehend. Now all that God does is holy. Something holy is sacred, it is clean. And all that God does is sacred and clean, thus holy. Holy, Holy, Holy is Jehovah of armies! So when God uses his limitless energy to do whatsoever his good will desires that energy becomes dynamic, or active force, and since all of God's works are holy, it is rightly called "holy spirit." Holy spirit is not a person as the Churches of Christendom teach. Holy spirit is God's energy in action. And he can use it to do whatever he so pleases. He can use it to create. He can use it to destroy. He can use it to tear down. He can use it to build up. He can use it in a powerful majestic fear-inspiring way. He can use it in a gentle, calm, almost unperciptable way.

An illustration that likens Jehovah and his holy spirit. Imagine a power plant. Now imagine a town powered by the power plant. People may turn on a toaster, or an oven, or a TV, they are all drawing from that energy. The energy can be used in different manners, but it all comes from the same source, the power plant. So the holy spirit is God's energy in motion. It is the greatest force in existence. And there is no way anyone in heaven or on earth can undo or stop the holy spirit from accomplishing God's good will.

When we read God's word found in the Bible it is like tapping into congealed holy spirit. When we read it with the proper heart condition, with prayer, and with sincerity of heart, then we are activating that holy spirit in our lives. God's word becomes alive.

So why do I like sharing God's word? Because it is opening another person's mind to the operation of the holy spirit. It is letting God communicate with them. And often God uses his servants and those who have true faith in him to speak to others. It is often my prayer that I share a passage of God's word with another person before the day is out. Most times I do this in person. Sometimes I may come to a website like this and expound on a scripture, or a scriptural though or prophecy.

Peering into God's word is like peering into a mirror that reflects to us perfectly all of our traits, and all of our flaws. It shows us who we really are. As an analogy. If the reader has ever seen the movie The NeverEnding Story there is a part where Atrayu has to confront a mirror. And that mirror shows the person who they really are. Well, that's the Bible, but not in fantasy, in reality. Many turn away from the mirror because they don't want to see who they truly are. Or perhaps they want to be righteous, but because of life they stop paying attention to it after awhile. Those people are like a person that looks in the mirror, sees a flaw, and then just ignores it and forgets about it and goes about their business. Now you would surely fix that flaw when you looked in the mirror before you left the house in the morning. So it is true with God's word:

"For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does."-James 1:23-25.

And who knows how God's word will affect a heart? A scripture, when God's holy spirit is active, can have profound, profound affects on a person. Who knows how God's holy spirit will move a heart? But when it does move a heart, that person will know it is God. And that is one of the greatest gifts a person can have. Because once they perceive God in their lives, then they have received the free gift of holy spirit, and fruitage of the holy spirit, one of which is faith. Faith is built on the things heard. But things that one knows without a shadow of a doubt are real. When God reveals himself to a person, then that person has true faith. Not blind faith. Those who have not seen God act on their behalf, have not felt the free gift of the holy spirit operative upon themselves do not understand these things. They assume all must be like them. But those of us who have been given the free gift of of the holy spirit operative in our life, and with that holy spirit, faith (along with other beautiful fruitage), true faith by God, know different. And this is not arrogance. It is just a simple statement of fact. It is unalterable. It is true.

edit on Sun, 29 Oct 2023 01:21:45 -0500am102920231000000045America/ChicagoSun, 29 Oct 2023 01:21:45 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 02:41 AM
link   
"No one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God" 1 Corinthians ch2 v11.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

If the bible is the word of a perfect entity,’god’ , then why does it contradict itself so much. And why is a supreme, perfect entity so petty, jealous, narcissistic, and vengeful and constantly throwing temper tantrums?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on Sun Oct 29 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc4

God is not any of those. He is pure love. Evil cannot exist within HIs perfect being of love and Holiness. To our human understanding we give him such attributes. God despises evil and has wiped out much evil, ie: nephilims (masquerading as humans, infecting the human bloodline) and so many misunderstanding have occurred as a result of Him wiping out evil. One has to understand the underlying evil that masks itself in humanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

I find it interesting that you state the words of man are the words of God and not to trust the word of man. The organized church agreed to these books of words. The organized church were just groups of men with the entent to control other men so the church would stay in power.

This is much like saying something is true because you read it once on the internet.

Jehovah you mention several times, what is it like to worship Zeus? That is the translation.

new topics

top topics

join