It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepping out of the Shadows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would hazard that I am one of the longest, least seen, most (ATS) well-read lurker members around. I've only posted two or three times over the course of the 20+ years (or however long its been) that I've been here. I used to ride my bike to the local library to read paranormal and UFO topics when I was a youngster (before I had internet) back in the days of dial up. Pretty sure I discovered ATS not long after it was created. I have been a regular reader ever since. It's weird but I almost came to feel that I knew many of the prolific members here over the years despite them knowing nothing of me. I don't have a lot of time to be very involved, I'm a single father of four and I work a lot, but with the recent occurrences here I thought now was a great time to try to be more participatory.
So, hello all! I look forward to new beginnings with all of you.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well hello hello! Also a fellow lurker here for 17 years…I think. I’m terrible with the maths and basic temporal awareness. I still don’t have my 5 posts to even make my intro thread and I probably will forget! Life is just so busy, so I can totally relate. Are you also sad this site could go away? I mean 2 decades is a long time. There is such a wealth of information here. I used to frequent Quakewatch and the volcano threads and they were so educational. I feel like I knew so many posters and avatars even though they didn’t know me too. And that’s okay. Thanks for popping your head up and saying hi! I feel all the re-intros are one bright spot in this hellscape right now. Back to lurking!

a reply to: justlurking

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That's really cool! I also lurked, finally joined, got banned from posting and created a new account. It was all good.....until it wasn't lol. So, new account and it's been a hoot reading all the new intro's and trying to figure out who's who under different names and avatars. It's funny but when your writing is your style, your personality etc., it's easier to be 'seen' than people think, at least I believe that.

A father of four and not much time????? What's wrong with you lol. Good for you for having your priorities straight. Hope you are passing them on to your children.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hi! So glad you are here.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Welcome Justlurking,

It’s interesting times here at the moment.
I sincerely hope you aren’t the longest lurker and shortest member.

We’re having a mini apocalypse but enjoy joining in while you can.

I lurked for many years before joining and it puts one at an advantage once they join.

You know us, yet none of us know you!

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I hope to be able to contribute here and there when I can. ATS has given me years of info (and entertainment) and I feel I owe this community some portion (however small) in return.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You came out of the shadows at an interesting time!
There are trolls everywhere!

*lights torch and waves it around*

new topics

top topics

join