It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell History Professor Calls Hamas Attacks Exhilarating and Engergizing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The pro-terrorist rhetoric out of Harvard was bad, but this is probably worse. It's 'exhilarating' and 'energizing' for babies to be burned alive, women to be raped and butchered and their naked dead bodies paraded, nearly 2,000 innocent people slaughtered, 200 kidnapped and brutalized?? THIS is a what professor who is teaching young adults thinks and says. SICK STUFF. If my kid went to Cornell, I'd be complaining and/or pulling her out of the school. People like this shouldn't be in a position of power over young minds.

He said the attacks give Palestinians 'hope'. How exactly does butchering babies in their cribs and raping women give Palestinians 'hope'?? That kind of thinking doesn't belong in a civilized society. You find that mentality in the Middle East, you aren't supposed to find it in America where we are supposed to be better than that. I'm disappointed in this man, and all the others like him in the universities.

A Cornell history professor - with a past of radical left-wing views - has called the Hamas terror attacks in Israel 'exhilarating' and 'energizing' at a pro-Palestine rally.

Russell Rickford is an associate professor of history and, according to his Twitter bio, a 'Historian of the black radical tradition'.

He spoke about the attacks in terms of geo-politics, saying it has 'shifted the balance of politics and punctured the illusion of invincibility' of Israel and gave Palestinians hope when he made his most inflammatory statements.

It was exhilarating. It was exhilarating, it was energizing. And if they weren't exhilarated by this challenge to the monopoly of violence, the shifting of the violence of power, then they would not be human. I was exhilarated,' he told the crowd.

He spoke at a protest backing Palestine in the wake of the attacks that killed over 1,400 people in Israel.

edit on 10/17/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He should be sacked from his position, see how exhilarating he finds that, these people standing by or calling for war crimes need psychiatric help. These are the nut jobs that ordinary people caught up in their hatred and vitriol.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thats what gets me about the left, it always has to be about this sort of poison, or the crazier trans stuff or other rubbish no normal person could agree with.

Now if they could get back to trying to elevate the working classes, then I think the world would be a much better place

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Dude is straight up racist. I have talked with him b4. He is an example of

"Those who can't, teach"

Which is a phrase that now bugs me...part of my job is teaching college students to be jaded and hate artists. I mean , teach them how to be a proper stagehand.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This guy seems to have the same facial smirk as Omar, Tailb and others who support the cause.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I have talked with him b4..

You have actually spoken with this guy in real life?
The news articles say he's an extremist left winger.
I say he's not fit to teach anyone and shouldn't have a platform.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

In Las Vegas, craps players that bet against the shooter rather than with the shooter are said to be playing the dark side. They arent as common and seem to always have an air of arrogance. Like the are special and smarter than the other players. Funny thing, the odds are exactly the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There are some people who think anyone rooting for one side or the other in killing their fellow man to solve a problem are also 'mentally touched'.

It's sad that all world societies seem to be based on violence, with the most powerful bully reigns supreme. Is this the best humanity can come up with to solve problems?

Every war fought during my lifetime has more than enough evidence to either suggest/ show or prove it's been manufactured for control over country leadership and acquisition of resources, making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

America cannot afford another war, financially, morally or spiritually. But then, we're most likely the ones who orchestrated it-or at least played a major part starting it.

The US has a long-standing record of creating and supporting terrorist organizations, then spending decades of time, money and lives wiping them out once they've served their purpose and have become too big to control. Traditional Christian values as have been preached for decades were changed to embrace new ideology, causing some to wonder what the Word of God really is, when sin as taught is no longer sin. What else did we get wrong and misinterpret?

That's caused a great falling away in religion, and a lot fewer people are seeing Israel as Gods' chosen ones who need protecting at all cost, even the lives of our children. Selling this as a Holy War that the US needs to take a main supporting role in isn't sitting well with those that have the most to lose; our beloved family members.

If they had waited just ten more years to start this, us Boomers with our generational PTSD from multiple propaganda wars would be mostly gone, and it might have been an easier sell.

I'm just offering the perspective of someone who is sick of lies, propaganda, violence, killing, bullying and heartache. Us Boomers are leaving you with a world that is even more corrupt, violent and mentally ill than the one we came into. Choosing sides and fighting for dominance is what got us here, as surely as the sun rises and sets each day.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

2023 is the year you could hide your anti-Semitism behind support for Hamas.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Every day is a school day

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

i bet if one of his family was one of their victims, he' would want justice or them dead.
radical left folks leaning, there are a few other terms i could use to describe what i'm seeing like racist, race baiter, huckster don't roll that way.

they try to get even one way or another.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Now if they could get back to trying to elevate the working classes, then I think the world would be a much better place.

I subscribe to no particular ideology and find the need affiliate oneself with any side of the political divide quite contrary to open minded objectiveness.
If more people, especially politicians, would follow that perfectly worded sentence the world would indeed be a much better place.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't care much for both sides, but that's not right

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
TV News reports this guy apologized and said the words do not represent who he is. Sorry dude ... you said 'em .... you own 'em. It's you and it's ugly.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/30/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
There are some people who think anyone rooting for one side or the other in killing their fellow man to solve a problem are also 'mentally touched'.

It's sad that all world societies seem to be based on violence, with the most powerful bully reigns supreme. Is this the best humanity can come up with to solve problems?

Every war fought during my lifetime has more than enough evidence to either suggest/ show or prove it's been manufactured for control over country leadership and acquisition of resources, making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

America cannot afford another war, financially, morally or spiritually. But then, we're most likely the ones who orchestrated it-or at least played a major part starting it.

The US has a long-standing record of creating and supporting terrorist organizations, then spending decades of time, money and lives wiping them out once they've served their purpose and have become too big to control. Traditional Christian values as have been preached for decades were changed to embrace new ideology, causing some to wonder what the Word of God really is, when sin as taught is no longer sin. What else did we get wrong and misinterpret?

That's caused a great falling away in religion, and a lot fewer people are seeing Israel as Gods' chosen ones who need protecting at all cost, even the lives of our children. Selling this as a Holy War that the US needs to take a main supporting role in isn't sitting well with those that have the most to lose; our beloved family members.

If they had waited just ten more years to start this, us Boomers with our generational PTSD from multiple propaganda wars would be mostly gone, and it might have been an easier sell.

I'm just offering the perspective of someone who is sick of lies, propaganda, violence, killing, bullying and heartache. Us Boomers are leaving you with a world that is even more corrupt, violent and mentally ill than the one we came into. Choosing sides and fighting for dominance is what got us here, as surely as the sun rises and sets each day.

You speak the truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The pro-terrorist rhetoric out of Harvard was bad, but this is probably worse. It's 'exhilarating' and 'energizing' for babies to be burned alive, women to be raped and butchered and their naked dead bodies paraded, nearly 2,000 innocent people slaughtered, 200 kidnapped and brutalized?? THIS is a what professor who is teaching young adults thinks and says. SICK STUFF. If my kid went to Cornell, I'd be complaining and/or pulling her out of the school. People like this shouldn't be in a position of power over young minds.

He said the attacks give Palestinians 'hope'. How exactly does butchering babies in their cribs and raping women give Palestinians 'hope'?? That kind of thinking doesn't belong in a civilized society. You find that mentality in the Middle East, you aren't supposed to find it in America where we are supposed to be better than that. I'm disappointed in this man, and all the others like him in the universities.

A Cornell history professor - with a past of radical left-wing views - has called the Hamas terror attacks in Israel 'exhilarating' and 'energizing' at a pro-Palestine rally.

Russell Rickford is an associate professor of history and, according to his Twitter bio, a 'Historian of the black radical tradition'.

He spoke about the attacks in terms of geo-politics, saying it has 'shifted the balance of politics and punctured the illusion of invincibility' of Israel and gave Palestinians hope when he made his most inflammatory statements.

It was exhilarating. It was exhilarating, it was energizing. And if they weren't exhilarated by this challenge to the monopoly of violence, the shifting of the violence of power, then they would not be human. I was exhilarated,' he told the crowd.

He spoke at a protest backing Palestine in the wake of the attacks that killed over 1,400 people in Israel.

He shouldn't have made these comments. That's for sure.

The best possible solution to the conflict without the engagement of the entire Muslim world and the spread of the war in the wider area is for an immediate and permanent ceasefire and not just a pause so the hostilities can resume.

I know you try to pay particular emphasis to what this Professor said but you should forget what the Israeli Politicians and Officials have said so far asking for Gaza to be erased from the face of the Earth, burnt and destroyed, annihilated, and even nuked.

The remarks by this Professor shouldn't shift the attention of the audience to what is happening in Gaza. Israel has committed a range of war crimes and crimes against humanity and the world isn't naive. There are several calls for the war to end and for heavy sanctions against Israel. Lately the South African Government has asked for Netanyahou and his Government to be arrested and brought before the ICC to face charges of crimes against humanity, war crimes, and genocide.

www.africanews.com...

The South African government on Monday called on the International Criminal Court to issue an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by mid-December.

Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni said it would signal a "total failure" of global governance if the ICC does not do so.

"The world cannot simply stand by and watch. The global community needs to rise to stop this genocide now,"

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Very well said!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Now if they could get back to trying to elevate the working classes, then I think the world would be a much better place.

I subscribe to no particular ideology and find the need affiliate oneself with any side of the political divide quite contrary to open minded objectiveness.
If more people, especially politicians, would follow that perfectly worded sentence the world would indeed be a much better place.

No, you unequivocally support Israel and your arguments have been exposed as Israel has lost all sympathy around the world because of the crimes it has committed against thousands of innocent civilians who have either been killed, injured, or forcibly displaced.
edit on 30-11-2023 by CP135 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join