It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin says successful test carried out of new nuclear-powered strategic missile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: Mahogany

OK so you are President Biden what do you propose to NATO now? This is a clear and present danger to all NATO nations and beyond, right?

What would I do as president?

1. Support our allies who are in immediate danger, help them reinforce their defensive capabilities. Defensive only. No one wants a bigger war.

2. Support Ukraine for as long as they want support. As long as they want to defend their country, we should help them out. This splits the focus of Russia's potential plans and drains money away from other endeavors. As long as Russia is losing people, weapons and time in Ukraine, it has less capability of attacking elsewhere.

3. Make sure all Americans and all people of the free world understand what is happening in real time, hopefully unifying us against the threats being made. Perhaps any military action by Russia can be avoided if we all stand together before it can happen.

Support our allies who are in immediate danger,

Who are our allies in immediate danger ?

Support Ukraine for as long as they want support.

Not our mess to get into.
Both sides have their respective faults in this.
They own it.

Make sure all Americans and all people of the free world understand what is happening in real time

Just what is happening in real time ?

So , you would be an epic failure as a president , most likely resulting in a global nuclear exchange.
Please forget your ambitions for that .

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: Mahogany

OK so you are President Biden what do you propose to NATO now? This is a clear and present danger to all NATO nations and beyond, right?

What would I do as president?

1. Support our allies who are in immediate danger, help them reinforce their defensive capabilities. Defensive only. No one wants a bigger war.

2. Support Ukraine for as long as they want support. As long as they want to defend their country, we should help them out. This splits the focus of Russia's potential plans and drains money away from other endeavors. As long as Russia is losing people, weapons and time in Ukraine, it has less capability of attacking elsewhere.

3. Make sure all Americans and all people of the free world understand what is happening in real time, hopefully unifying us against the threats being made. Perhaps any military action by Russia can be avoided if we all stand together before it can happen.

You have encapsulated the rationale for the war succinctly and pretty darn accurately. Good post.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

And where's your outrage over all the non-US events that were considered war crimes? Those never seem to be brought up, despite how horrific they were. Unit 731 anyone? Oh wait, that's different, right?

As for "helping me sleep at night" it's fact. Hiroshima was headquarters for the Second General Army, 59th Army, 5th Division, and 224th Division. In addition it was home to a military supply and logistics base, communications center, and a military shipping port.

Nagasaki was home to the Mitsubishi Shipyards, Electrical Shipyards, Arms Plant, and the Steel and Arms Works which all produced ships, ordnance, and other war materials.

God it's amazing how people claim the US runs the world, but ignore all the times that our allies have gone their own way against our interests. You keep right on believing that since it apparently makes you feel good about yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It’s funny how everyone ignores the fact that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military cities with civilian populations.

Nanking has entered the thread...

www.ranker.com...

edit on 6-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Those apparently don’t count because they aren’t the US.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Sad you can only see this as a threat, not the warning it's ment to be.

A warning?
Like #e!

Its the typical action of an egotistical de facto dictator with little man syndrome trying to bully and intimidate.

Well I'm sorry, doesn't cut any ice with me.

You probably still think Russia was "unprovoked"...

I think that no amount of lamentable excuses can justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

If your so emotional invested you should go to Ukraine and help.

I don't think they'd have me given my age, condition and lack of experience and knowledge.
But that that's not really relevant to the discussion we are supposed to be having here.....the one about Russia repeatedly threatening to nuke the UK.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

At times like this, when the fear mongering and propaganda flies thick and fast, I am reminded of the only country that has used nuclear weapons on civilian populations (not once, but twice) and considered using them in a couple of conflicts since (Korea, Vietnam). Wonder who that is then?

True.
But it was a lesson mankind had to learn first hand.
Given the devastation those bombs caused we ALL know all too well what the effect of modern up to date nuclear weapons would be.
And yes, I do believe that using those bombs saved countless US and probably Japanese lives.

But they should be a lesson as the why we can never allow any country to use nuclear weapons in anger again.

A world without nukes would be great.

Indeed it would, but unfortunately we can not uninvent them.

A world with a US monopoly on nukes doesn't bare thinking about.

But there's no chance of that ever happening.
There's not even a suggestion of that happening.

But if it was a choice of one of either the US and the other so called Superpowers China or Russia having a 'monopoly on nukes' well there's only one option for me.

We know how that ends.

No we don't, and we probably never will.

The Russian position on nukes is pretty clear. Hope our leaders are aware of it, as they're nothing if not stupid people full of self interest.

Whereas the Russian leaders are entirely altruistic and have the best interests of the Russian people and mankind in general at heart.

I would go as I've got a lot on today.
edit on 6/10/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Is it the nuke that worries you or the nuke propulsion that is powering the nuke missile to nuke its target?

Put it this way an onboard nuclear reactor makes shooting the thing down over most areas rather a dangerous prospect down to the fact that the containment vessel could be punctured and leak highly radioactive material over a wide area essentially turning the things into dirty bombs.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

.... this is particularly concerning to the people in Europe, and especially the United Kingdom.

Nah, he won't launch any nuclear cruise missiles as us - it's already been made clear, as soon as we send weapons to help the Ukrainians, he's going to launch his mighty super-duper, massive, submarine drone thingy and send a 1,000ft high radioactive tsunami across the whole of Britain, turning the entire island into an uninhabitable desert. Some say that has already happened

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just like the Nazis. When their army is being to pieces, they are running around trying to develop more and more weapons, in some delusion of eventual preeminence.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Bit like the Nazis using their V weapons against civilian targets?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join