It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passed Relatives/Friends visiting as Birds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but there has been lore, superstions, tales as old as time that birds are connected to the after life, maybe the veil between the two..
Many people know one of the most common ones, that a red cardinal is a dead relative visiting. Almost every people have shared these tales/beliefs.
I have experienced this with others in ways too unbelieve to deny it.

Yesterday was one of those days. My office is right by a window and this little bird jumps up to the window and is straight on looking at me.
She would not go away. That bird was staring into my soul, like right into my eyes..... It also just so happened to be my moms favorite place to sit. Sometimes when I am outside I can smell her cigarette smoke... I messaged my husband about the bird and joked it was my mama visiting and didn't think much about it.

Later in the day I found out it was Korean Thanksgiving Chuseok... My heart sank.. I never celebrated it, but when my mother was alive she would call me, every single time and wish me a happy Chuseok... I have zero doubt that it was her, and she just wanted to say a little hello and tell me not to forget...

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I swear to God, the morning after my dad passed away, I was walking out in the front yard and a large bald eagle came gliding down right over my head. I could have almost jumped up and touched it. It then flew off to the west. There are bald eagles in the wooded areas south of the city, but I've only seen them in the city 2-3 times, and I've never seen one behave like that!

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't know about the idea that they're loved ones. Maybe maybe not... But I swear to you that Cardinals are the universe telling me I'm on the path of growth and self love.

Whenever I see one, which is rare, it's ALWAYS at a time when something big in my life is happening and I'm making a major decision. It's like being assured, "Don't worry, you're still on track."

My favorite color was always red as a kid so naturally I liked cardinals. I believe in manifestation, or Law of Attraction, or whatever you want to call it, and I think that plays a role.

Right now I'm trying to manifest something really tough, because it's something no one around me even thinks possible, so I can't even talk about it, and I won't. I've been really low lately and wanting a sign.
I see this as my sign, but you don't have to believe that.

After my brother died, I asked him to try to give me a sign if he could hear me, and I had an Ankh necklace that looked like a rosary, with glass beads, and it had been tied around the switch of my floor lamp. A few seconds after I asked him to do that, the ankh (which represents life after death) came untied and fell on the concrete floor and broke, and all the beads went all over the floor.

I've had NDEs before, and trust me, nothing is ever truly gone, and spirits totally can influence things in the material it's just not easy for most. Anyway, when you talk to her in your head, she CAN hear you.
Soul is mind, and the beyond isn't as far away as people think.

Don't worry.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Is not uncommon, for this things to happen, after my mother passed, she no only came to see me, hug me and told me that everything was ok and she was very happy, but a few weeks later, I was sick and sitting in the clinic waiting to be seen, when a bird started to hit the glass next to me, it was the weirdest thing, I ever seen, then i remember the many instances of birds related to passed loves one and I ease off and the bird just flew away.

I seen an episode of paranormal and it was about an experience of a restaurant owner and a bird that flew into the restaurant, she thought it was a visit from her diseased son.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A wonderful friend who hung herself about 3 years ago comes to see me in the garden every now and then.

Her name is and will always be SUE. She sings so sweet, and I can never see her as she hides in nature.

She first sang to me after I shouted at another person to stand up for her. She sat in a sapling tree, invisible to me, and sang the sweetest song I've ever heard.

Spirits are powerful when focused, and awesome when they come to us and connect.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was walking to the office one day and there was a blackbird, maybe a Starling, by the door in the foot path. It was standing on the ground and didn't move. I walk around it and into the entrance. I thought it was a little strange. Didn't know if there was any meaning to it.

If you draw the attention of a Peregrine it usually means your financial situation will improve in the future.

Doves mean affairs will be calm and collected.
edit on 28-9-2023 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I swear to God, the morning after my dad passed away, I was walking out in the front yard and a large bald eagle came gliding down right over my head. I could have almost jumped up and touched it. It then flew off to the west. There are bald eagles in the wooded areas south of the city, but I've only seen them in the city 2-3 times, and I've never seen one behave like that!

Wow, what an experience! I just love bald eagles. They are so much bigger than people realize.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I keep seeing a sh!tbird over by the porta-john and I know darn well it’s my Uncle Felipe who passed away while trying to rob the Widows & Orphans fund in 2003.

He’s singing something that sounds like a very melodic FU ! FU ! FU ! FU !

edit on 28-9-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   
well .. when I die I hope I don't come back as a bird. They have a hard life.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think birds are strongly connected to the supernatural, especially as they're the main "wildlife" urban people still have contact with.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull?
I mean why does their veil seem so thin to other worlds.

Odin and the raven?
OK, some bird encounters here I would interpret as more "supernatural" than others.
So, a raven means more to me that a pigeon.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
well .. when I die I hope I don't come back as a bird. They have a hard life.

I don’t think people become animals so much, as they are able to use animals..possess them for a better term.

Imagine being dead and you can experience any animal, I think a lot of people would want to know what flying is like.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That's a nice way to look at it. Many times I've had a stand off with an animal or insect. Jumping spiders are incredibly neat to me, sorry. It's mostly birds and the occasional deer or coyote that like to have a staring contest.

Just to note..

If there is an afterlife and your family and friends can visit you, then they'll know more about you than anyone alive ever will and when you cross over you're going to have some interesting conversations with people who were "watching" over you...lol

Think about it... hahaha

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

All I have to say on this is that, just after one of my close circle of friends from High School was killed in a 1995 Motorcycle Crash, a young crow with white on the underside of his wings, started following the rest of our circle, every time we went anywhere together.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I love your story about your mom and the Korean thanksgiving

A real tearjerker
but also

Also, after my father passed, a small bird would visit my inside porch and sit on a chair in front of the window , chirp and look in

edit on 28-9-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Wow, that is amazing!

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Couldn’t pass this thread/title without sharing this as well. It’s too intriguing. There’s been many times birds have flown into ‘my classroom’, as it has a door to the outside at work. The birds fly all over the place going nuts, as they are all discombobulated. Takes forever to always get them out. My mother passed in December. A few days after her passing, I had a bird visit me. Abnormally it stayed on the floor. Usually, the birds fly up high and stay up high flying around and find something to perch on. I came out from behind my desk and started walking towards the bird, it hopped straight out the door. As I walked back to my desk, it came back in. I again walk around and walked towards it, again it hopped straight out of the door. This happened 3 days in a row. I have to assume it was the same bird. Not knowing this ‘bird thing’ was a ‘thing’, on the last day I said out loud for squirts and giggles, “Don’t worry mom, we’ll be ok”. It’s the only conclusion I could even entertain by the birds behavior, even though I only said it half jokingly, half not. No bird since.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
this does not happen like this.
i study shamanizm.

birds have their own s0uls, just different from ours.

it sucks, but once someone leaves, almost all of them go somewhere else.

the somewhere else, depends on what you 'know' compared to what you are 'told'

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
birds have their own s0uls, just different from ours.
Birds have a spirit, but not a sufficiently individualized soul (except in cases where they have pet owners). It's better to speak of a group soul.

Here's an interesting theory someone shared with me, based on their experience from working with animals on the farm: "I believe there is a possibility for an animals soul to evolve to that of a human, if it receives enough energy during its lifetime > as we love and cherish an animal, it receives that energy. If we take animals that develop noticeable personalities, it might be that one part of the collective becomes more dominant as it is nurtured. I am no expert though."

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
it sucks, but once someone leaves, almost all of them go somewhere else.
This is untrue. To me, this sounds like the kind of lie so-called Christian spiritual workers are told by imposters masquerading as angels. old.reddit.com... "When a human dies, their soul/spirit immediately goes to where they spend eternity. There is no unfinished business that holds them here, there is no getting caught in a trap, there is no deciding they don't want to go, they have no choice, they just go."

old.reddit.com... "I was greeted by an angel who told me that there are no such things as ghost, as we think of them, the souls of dead people. He said that when a person dies, their soul moves on, it has no choice, there is no unfinished business, there is no don't want to go, they are sucked out of here immediately, they have no say in it."

The only truthful part in these messages was that certain spirits attach parts of themselves to people, acquiring their form and memories. They also communicate with the living through synchronicities: old.reddit.com...

In actual fact, the spirit remains in their body until a higher power steps in to severe their soul and body, only after which the spirit departs. I learned about this in French spiritualist Z. J. Pierart's work. Also, there are good grounds to the old custom of leaving a window open during someone's passing. It's inadvisable to bury their corpse right away.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any of this myself, but I've come across some interesting stories about bird visitations while inquiring into the paranormal.

1. A deleted topic by reddit user Tinyprimo_, shared shortly after his grandfather's death: i.imgur.com... He provided an album (now deleted) with three fascinating photos of a seagull in mid-flight: i.imgur.com... - i.imgur.com... - i.imgur.com...

2. A deleted topic by reddit user OhOpheliaa, who confided to me an additional story upon request: i.imgur.com... By chance, I came across an almost identical story on another site: www.yourghoststories.com...

3. A detailed account of a hawk visit after an uncle passed away: old.reddit.com...

Sometimes, people report being visited by butterflies instead.

In ancient Greek/Roman mythology, the birds were regarded as messengers of gods, each deity had its own unique bird representing them. In ancient Egypt, hawks were regarded as a symbol of divinity.
edit on 28-9-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Experienced this myself with a white dove that would visit my window every day during the pandemic, could never shake the feeling.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join