It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates buys $95M worth of Anheuser-Busch Shares following Bud Light disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

He's propping up the company after sales plummeted.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Not malt, it's malted barley, although fake beer like Bud Light may have malted rice or wheat as an ingredient. If you don't know what malted barley is, it's barley grains in the early stages of germination. I'm malting eight pounds right now for my next batch of beer.

It takes about a week of sprouting to change the carbs in the grain into sugars, malt sugars. You dry out the grain and use it to brew the beer by boiling it in water with hops. Once cooled, the brewer's yeast is added to cause fermentation. 3 to 5 weeks later, you add a little priming sugar and bottle it, or if you're cheating, you force carbon dioxide into the beer to carbonate it. They also destroy the yeast and other microbes by Pasteurizing it, that's why they use carbon dioxide to charge the beer with carbonation.

It's corporate watered-down near beer at around 4% ABV. It doesn't compare to real living beer with live yeast in it and in the 7% ABV range.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Sounds like very good beer. Best I ever had was German-style hefeweizen in Rottweil, Germany

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

Thats what I am thinking and he may leverage them to buy his crops

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Sounds like very good beer. Best I ever had was German-style hefeweizen in Rottweil, Germany

Hefeweizen (hay-fuh-veyt-ssenn) is the original wheat beer and remains one of the best-known among the many styles of beer available on the market. It originated in Germany, uses a top-fermenting ale yeast, and at least 50 percent wheat malts alongside barley. Left unfiltered, hefeweizen is recognizable by its cloudiness and impressive white head, as well as the yeast it leaves behind in an empty glass. It's a crisp, drinkable ale that is a favorite during the summer months.

www.thespruceeats.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

We were in a restaurant at the base of the swiss Alps. It was a Italian restaurant in Germany with a waitress from Poland. I must had pounded down at least 8 ~ 16oz comparable glasses before I used the rest room. I wasn't drunk, had several more and had NO next day hangover, affects, etc.

It occurred to me that's how they can go all day in the beer halls.

I was there during Octoberfest. They had the euh pomp pomp pa bands with many wearing animal head masks. I can see where they get the 3rd Reich stuff.

Best beer ever! Next best was in downtown Milwaukee. I forgot the name

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't see a conspiracy here Bud Light will rebound at some point Gates bought at rock bottom so he will make some good money on the rebound , That's what gets me upset only the rich can make good money on stocks and cryto , I put my measly $1000 in anything to only make pennies on the dollar , But invest $100,000 into bitcoin or stocks and you make $1000's per day

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Possibly he wants Dylan Mulvaney to be his next wife

LOL.

Bubble baths and all.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Well, if his $$$ is tied up in beer, he can't be spending it elsewhere on nefarious things I suppose.

95 mil is couch change for Gates.

He’s just trying derail a successful conservative boycott. Because people like him have nothing else to do besides annoying little things like this.

The parent company sells a lot more than just bud light.

Also, it could just be a value play….

Stock got crushed —> got too cheap —> bought it at a big discount.

Watch it pop 20-30% and you make some quick money.

Doubt it’s more nefarious than that as big funds tend to be value players. 95mm is also nothing relative to the overall portfolio. This is like you buying 10 shares of apple.

I'm sorry for what they did to you. Still believing anything Bill Gates does is innocent is at the very least extreme ignorance.

I’m sorry you have no understanding of institutional/endowment asset management strategies.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So what is his agenda? Just profit or...?
52 WEEK RANGE
44.51 - 67.09

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

They also destroy the yeast and other microbes by Pasteurizing it, that's why they use carbon dioxide to charge the beer with carbonation.

WTF?

So many things called beer today isn't beer. I am so glad we have the Reinheitsgebot so no one is messing with the beer ingredients.

I also want to point out, I know you're thinking like me, but you wrote "main ingredients" in another post. I would not word it like this, these are the only ingredients that belong into a beer.

Had a Gutmann Hefeweizen an hour ago, unfiltered

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

They also destroy the yeast and other microbes by Pasteurizing it, that's why they use carbon dioxide to charge the beer with carbonation.

WTF?

So many things called beer today isn't beer. I am so glad we have the Reinheitsgebot so no one is messing with the beer ingredients.

I also want to point out, I know you're thinking like me, but you wrote "main ingredients" in another post. I would not word it like this, these are the only ingredients that belong into a beer.

Had a Gutmann Hefeweizen an hour ago, unfiltered

Yes, the Reinheitsgebot rules that beer can only contain water, barley, and yeast. Not that I would refuse a malt beverage that contains other grains, except I won't call them real beer. So your point is well taken by a fellow beer snob such as myself.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

interesting thats one way to get his poo water in the food chain, kinda takes the whole idea of bud as p*ss water to the next level up..

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You forgot hops. Actually it's hops, (barley) malt, yeast and water.

We have lot's of breweries here, some hundreds of years old. In my hometown there's a smaller mountain that is carved out like an ant hill, to use it as ice storage and beer storage. They do secret tours unannounced, a few times a year there will be hints all around town and those that find their way to one of the entrances in time can enjoy a tour through these tunnels and caves, at the end you surface in one of the breweries and get a beer tasting and some Weißwürste.

It's very interesting, I once stumbled over it while I was in town and was invited to the tour when showing up at the entrance with questionmarks on my face

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Of course, hops is in there. Had a brain fart with that one.

It was one of the first food purity laws, God only knows what else they used to put into beer before then.

I read a recipe for fake whiskey from back in the Old West days that used a rattlesnake's head.

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   

he's just covering other side of the coin. where the rest of the elite are focusing on useless eaters.
he's shifted his focus to useless beer drinkers

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

he's just covering other side of the coin. where the rest of the elite are focusing on useless eaters.
he's shifted his focus to useless beer drinkers

They are identified as "deplorables"?

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's not a secret or conspiracy-related to buy a recently dropped stock at a bargain price with the calculated hope for it to rebound.

Anheuser Busch is a huge company. Their stock went down, but gates might there's a decent chance it will go up again. It's risky because maybe it doesn't rebound, but Gates is probably thinking A-B is a solid company with a good track record.

So dilly dilly.

edit on 9/11/2323 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Bill Gates buys stuff. He probably even hired a guy that buys stuff for him and never tells him what he bought. In fact, he probably found out he bought that stock the same way you did. And yes, probability is almost certain that all billionaires have the greatest sex lives in the world. If there were any reason in the world to envy someone it would be all that superhuman sex. They dont tell you because they dont want you to get jealous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join