It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Helicopter Pilot defects to Ukraine and encourages other Russians to do the same

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

It could have been a civil war if Russia never annexed the Crimean peninsula at the first opportunity they had.

I'd say citizenship and national identity is preferable than talking about genetics since people get around, non of that supports the idea of invasions or land grabs in the 21st century though.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It could have been a civil war if Russia never annexed the Crimean peninsula at the first opportunity they had.

I'd say citizenship and national identity is preferable than talking about genetics since people get around, non of that supports the idea of invasions or land grabs in the 21st century though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support the war at all and I strongly think the west is responsible for its continuation. But I regard this war as a war brothers or cousins, to put it this way.

I have been to both Russia and Ukraine and there is no much difference. They are very closely related and it's so unfortunate the war is keep going but as long the Biden administration isn't willing to see this matter logically there is a good chance Ukraine will become the 'Afganistan' of Europe.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
True or not I honestly don't care. We have no business being involved. All its doing is making money for the Military industrial complex.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: RAY1990

Don't get me wrong, I don't support the war at all and I strongly think the west is responsible for its continuation. But I regard this war as a war brothers or cousins, to put it this way.

I have been to both Russia and Ukraine and there is no much difference. They are very closely related and it's so unfortunate the war is keep going but as long the Biden administration isn't willing to see this matter logically there is a good chance Ukraine will become the 'Afganistan' of Europe.

If only Americans would have had this opinion in 1775 in their unfortunate war, the British where their brothers and cousins so there was no reason to fight. It's not like it did any good.
edit on 6-9-2023 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The west is responsible for it's continuation since they/we are a key reason why Ukraine doesn't have to capitulate.

The world had a chat and agreed that wars of conquest and subjugation were to be no more, personally I'd hate to see all the progress we've made and all the understanding we've acquired frivolously thrown away over what's essentially tribalism.

Maybe history will see things differently although I'd say that's not a future I'd want to invest in.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte85

originally posted by: stosh64

Makes for nice propaganda. Anyone that believes what either side puts out is delusional.

propaganda is part of every war. even if the story is constructed, the ukraine has every right to use every means at its disposal against russia. one thing remains a fact: russia invaded the ukraine. so we should do our best to prevent russia from taking the ukraine because russia would continue to push inward. neighboring states on constant alert. a destibilization of europe. no one should wish for that.

That's what you guys always say... "Russia invaded Ukraine" Sure they invaded Ukraine after their sham governnment started making every rule and law that targeted every ethnic Russian Ukrainian in the country.

You show me another country that targeted one specific ethnic background in a country and targeted their language, culture and way of life. Targeting a group of ethnic minorities that have been living in the area for generations and now their way of life is being taken away. You show me one country that would get away with that without immediately being condemned by every western leader in the world?

When these ethnic Russian Ukrainians peacefully protested the ridiculous rules the new Ukrainian government, who got power through an illegal Coup, decided they had enough and started using military force to attack the peaceful ethnic Russian Ukrainian protesters right in their own streets that they had been living in for generations. How DOES THAT happen in Europe?

Oh and the new Ukrainian government also fully armed and fully supported all the Ukrainian Nazis and Nationlists and they all headed down to South Eastern Ukraine, the Donbass, to start bashing heads and killing people regardless of they were woman or children because to them they weren't pure Ukrainians so they didn't care.

AFTER Russia started the special military operation we just saw how the Ukrainians, especially the Nationlists and Ukrainian Nazis started treating the Africans and the Asians trying to get out of the country.

Ukraine wants Crimea back Zelenskyy says but yet they built a Dam and cut off ALL FRESH WATER that was flowing Into Crimea from the Ukraine. The Ukrainian government cut off the supply of fresh water to their OWN PEOPLE in Crimea for 8 YEARS until finally Russia destroyed the Dam in March or April of 2022.

"Russia will continue to push forward"

Thanks for the laugh.

I always laugh when I see people say this "Russia won't stop with Ukraine they will want to keep taking all of Europe" Russia wants Eastern Ukraine so the people in the east can live peacefully and not have to worry about being killed by Zelenskyys Army or the Nazi and Nationalist Ukrainians and to ensure the US and Nato stays off Russias doorstep. I'm sure THE USA would just love Russia setting up shop in Canada. So why would it be OK for 5he US to be setting up shop in Ukraine?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join