It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Helicopter Pilot defects to Ukraine and encourages other Russians to do the same

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

"You’ll be provided for, for the rest of your lives. You will be offered a job everywhere, no matter what you do. You’ll simply discover a world of colors.”

CNN has been unable to verify the pilot’s identity.

And because it's Ukraine, we should automatically believe THAT happened?
Can't verify he even exists and the stuff he is saying sounds like generic forced praise.

At least Travis King had the decency not to drag anyone else into it.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

Believe it or don't, nobody is making you.

I think this is the best thing this guy could ever have done for his family. His wife and his children, and their children, will now grow up knowing freedom and not live in fear.

Smartest decision of his life.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Aktshoollee... My tax money says otherwise.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju
I believe the pilot will get something like 500,000 dollars for doing this. Offering money and immunity in exchange for helicopters, fighter jets and tanks sounds like a good idea by the Ukrainians.

That’s brilliant!

USD 5 million for SU-35s

USD 15 million for an SU-57.

Kickers for intel that’s actionable.

Tax free cash, immunity, and buy them a condo.

Wonder how many young, single pilots might say, “ya know? That’s tempting…”

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

SU 57s? They only have about 3 or 5 of them?

www.aerotime.aero...

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

Aktshoollee... My tax money says otherwise.

YOU spent $500,000 of your money to get a $15 million dollar helicopter AND save a family?

Thank you from all of us; money well spent!

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

YOU spent $500,000 of your money to get a $15 million dollar helicopter AND save a family?

Thank you from all of us; money well spent!

More like $46 billion for a helicopter and a family we can't confirm exists.

But is that that new line? "You specifically didn't give the complete total amount so you don't need to ask questions!". I don't care if my contribution ended up being three quarters of a cent, the point stands.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: malte85

propaganda is part of every war. even if the story is constructed, the ukraine has every right to use every means at its disposal against russia.

You know what else is part of every USA funded war? A: Money Laundering

The daughter of the head of the Ukrainian draft board of the Chernihiv region, Alexander Sapon, posting a video of her vacation in Los Angeles and Miami.

American taxpayers money at work.....

She doesn't seem as worried as you are about Russia pushing inward—which is ironic considering it was the USA and NATO pushing inward on Russia's border that caused this geopolitical mess in the first place.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: VulcanWerks

SU 57s? They only have about 3 or 5 of them?

www.aerotime.aero...

Fine - $20mm a piece. 😁

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

A Russian pilot who defects because he is sick of Putin's genocidal war and wants no more complicity in war crimes?

Yeah, what a POS, eh?

Has Putin or Russia ever hurt you? Or has the media made you think they have? Straight answer, c'mon man.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is no doubt like muh Ghost of Kiev. A total fabrication.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: AlienBorg Unfortunately these two young people were 'eliminated' as the Ukrainian Officials said because they were unwilling to surrender.

So in other words the pilots actions got his crewmembers executed...

What a POS...

Do you all honestly support this ****?

I can't for the life of me see how this as a win. Especially knowing he's gonna get money from the American tax payers for being a traitor to his nation and getting his brothers killed.

Not at all.

I don't support any of these actions, I mean the killings. He has the right to defect but if the story is true and had taken with him two other crew members who didn't know what was going on then he is also responsible for their deaths.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname
a reply to: AlienBorg

HE flew then behind enemy lines, without their knowledge, so he could turn traitor at THEIR expense. If that version is too believed. For all we know, the three were captured and the helicopter thing was staged. The other two didn't play ball and were executed.
If it's the latter, that guy is trash.

If we were to believe the story, and that's why I said according to the article, what he did by taking two other crew members who didn't know he was defecting, was irresponsible and highly dangerous for the life and safety of all three of them. Two of them paid with their lives. Yes, the guy is trash if this happened.
edit on 5-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Many Russians have Ukrainian family and vice versa, the Ukraine after all is the OLD Russia from which Russia originally grew.

Also many under the current Russian regime have been persecuted for there political belief's and opponents of the current ruling clique have often met grisly fates so that likely leaves many Russians not only disgruntled with but angry with there current ruling clique.

True.

I regard this as a civil was between Russian people. The West should have never interfered and it should have been pushing for an early resolution and termination of the war in the first few months of the conflict. But the Biden administration and the deep state have other views...

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
And people still argue over propaganda, are both sides chock full of it sure that is part of war.

IF Ukraine can show this guy and his family safe and sound and use him to show they can have a life after the war they very well could convince more russians to defect which removes fighters from the other side.

thats a good play by Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

For it to be a civil war Ukraine would have to be a part of Russia but it's been independent since 1991.

Ukraine has been fighting an insurgency since 2014, from what I see the separatist movements in Ukraine didn't seek to be independent they sought to be Russian client states. Subjection at worst vassalage at best?

Unless you're of the opinion Ukraine doesn't exist?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: quietspectator
This is no doubt like muh Ghost of Kiev. A total fabrication.

Why is this a fabrication?

People leaving Russia to avoid the war has been well reported. Nearly 1 million Russians have left Russia since they started this insane war.

There have also been defections from government officials and others, and evidence of Russian soldiers surrendering without a fight.

It follows that someone in a helicopter will decide to jump ship.

Russia is a bad place to be. Shocking human rights, mobilisation, corruption and a collapsing economy, all poorly cushioned by a continuous flow of propaganda and lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think that this defector will have a short life now, and his family is in a vulnerable position.
revenge is a dish best served cold, so they who are that way inclined say.
he'll be looking over his shoulder every day while he breaths.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

For it to be a civil war Ukraine would have to be a part of Russia but it's been independent since 1991.

Ukraine has been fighting an insurgency since 2014, from what I see the separatist movements in Ukraine didn't seek to be independent they sought to be Russian client states. Subjection at worst vassalage at best?

Unless you're of the opinion Ukraine doesn't exist?

I didn't say Ukraine doesn't exist but i said I regard this as a civil war between Russian/Ukrainian people who are very much related genetically and parts of Ukraine (large parts) are ethnic Russians. Yes, Ukraine is independent as s nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imbackbaby

a reply to: JAY1980

A Russian pilot who defects because he is sick of Putin's genocidal war and wants no more complicity in war crimes?

Yeah, what a POS, eh?

Has Putin or Russia ever hurt you? Or has the media made you think they have? Straight answer, c'mon man.

1. Used Novichok just round corner from where I was working at the time.

2. Has threatened to nuke the UK many times.

No?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join