It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So i've been in tune all my life deja vu etc.. Knowing the room I'm in sales so it's come in handy , But since I met my wife we both experience the same feelings even have the same dreams , If shes got a stomach ache I got a stomach ache I feel everything she feels and she mimics what I feel like my tooth ache I did not tell her about today , What happens if 2 Empaths live together ?

How do you know which one of you has the real problem ?

edit on 27-8-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

i feel like deja vu and empathy are not entirely related

as someone who experiences both i have only once come across a situation where i interacted with someone who was having the same deja vu at the same time i was.

As for empathy, i think there might be a difference between a receiver and transmitter.

An empath receives signals and can pick up on others feelings/emotions, im not sure what i would call someone who transmits these.
Does she ever experience what you feel or is it only one way?

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
So i've been in tune all my life deja vu etc.. Knowing the room I'm in sales so it's come in handy , But since I met my wife we both experience the same feelings even have the same dreams , If shes got a stomach ache I got a stomach ache I feel everything she feels and she mimics what I feel like my tooth ache I did not tell her about today , What happens if 2 Empaths live together ?

How do you know which one of you has the real problem ?

I Feel Your Pain . It Is Our Pain . Endure it and Become a Better [Person for it .C'est la vie .....

edit on 27-8-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

as someone who experiences both i have only once come across a situation where i interacted with someone who was having the same deja vu at the same time i was.

As for empathy, i think there might be a difference between a receiver and transmitter.

An empath receives signals and can pick up on others feelings/emotions, im not sure what i would call someone who transmits these.

She experiences the same as me like my tooth ache today she just complained that hers hurt , And I had not mentioned mine .

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What Is Man other than an Imperfect Being
To Desire , to Act , to be the Fool
Is this the Only Thing Life has to Offer us ?
WTF > ?

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

that is very interesting/cool, it makes me wonder about a few things.
Like, perhaps my interpretation or what an empath is/does has been wrong. Is it possible that you are projecting/transmitting your experiences to her as well as receiving hers? That could actually explain a lot on my end now that I really consider it.

How long have you known each other? have you ever talked about this with her?

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Like, perhaps my interpretation or what an empath is/does has been wrong. Is it possible that you are projecting/transmitting your experiences to her as well as receiving hers? That could actually explain a lot on my end now that I really consider it.

We have been together for around 8 years , I did mention to her once when she told me a bout a dream she had , I had planned a surprise trip to a point in Cali where cars seem to roll up hill , A few days later before the trip she told me she had a dream that was weird and described the place to a T . She tells me about her dreams and It's strange because they are on the same lines as mine on the same night I keep most of it to myself but we are in tune somehow .
edit on 27-8-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

we are in tune somehow .

don't question a good thing, lol

to try and answer your question "How do you know which one of you has the real problem ?"
I don't think you can, I would try to test it out and see if you can fake it but that is mostly how I am able to tell when some people are lying to me, there just isn't any connection with what they say and what I get from them, sometimes its just an outright contradiction.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Well that sucks!

It basically means you’re feeling double the Bullsh!t in life.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

We have been together for around 8 years , I did mention to her once when she told me a bout a dream she had , I had planned a surprise trip to a point in Cali where cars seem to roll up hill , A few days later before the trip she told me she had a dream that was weird and described the place to a T . She tells me about her dreams and It's strange because they are on the same lines as mine on the same night I keep most of it to myself but we are in tune somehow .

You're 'dream walkers'; yes, it's a real thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The wife and I are the same way. Crazy connection for sure...
She recommends you read this book... The Empath Experience: What to Do When You Feel Everything

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HrdCorHillbilly

My Lab has been with me 3 years and she knows just about every move I’m going to make before I do it. It’s not empathy tho, she’s just paying attention to subtle cues we don’t consciously notice. It’s mostly just familiarity, but then so is empathy. You can’t empathize with someone or something you can’t identify with. It’s like non autistic people saying autistic people lack empathy when they can’t empathize any more with autism than autism can with them. Empathy requires a shared experience and autistic people aren’t having the same experience in society as non autistic people. Psychic phenomena would be sympathy, not empathy.

edit on 28-8-2023 by HeirHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

She experiences the same as me like my tooth ache today she just complained that hers hurt , And I had not mentioned mine .

I noticed similar with people around me for years but always assumed it was just low grade colds that caused these parallel tooth aches, head aches, bone aches, gut aches etc. as symptoms hit a cluster of people around the same time.

One time I thought I had a bad tooth and was visiting my parents in another city and my mom had the same pain going on. My dad was a dentist and said it happens often that people come in with aches in the jaw assuming its cavities, or worse, bone cancer but turns out its only a bug or virus. Sure enough, a few days later my mom and I were ok again.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you had the pain first and then her, she is currently the receiving empath. She may be carrying some of the pain to alleviate your pain.

top topics

join