It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone interpret this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My grandmother traveled to both japan and china in the late 60's and 70's. She brought this back and gave it to my mom.
It's very beautiful and appears to be hand embroidered but we have no idea what is says,
Can anyone shed some light on this for us?
An afterthought.... I used to have peacocks here in ohio. They didn't have horns like a unicorn. Just find that strange...

edit on 082023Sat, 26 Aug 2023 20:05:48 -050048America/ChicagopSaturdaypm23 by horseplay because: trouble with uploading

edit on 082023Sat, 26 Aug 2023 20:21:57 -050057America/ChicagopSaturdaypm23 by horseplay because: unicorns on peacocks

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

Basically, type what you want in the box and post it. But follow the T+C.

Once you type in the box, ATS's words go away.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
sorry I was struggling. It's been a while since i did a post and uploaded a pic too.
I think I got it together now

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Google Lens, which also detects written languages via OCR, determined it says this, from simplified Chinese.

What the deeper meaning is, I have no idea. Probably a good fortune bidding.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22
Really. That's not what I expected. But hey, that's not all bad. I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The picture of the embroidery disappeared, but I caught a glimpse. It appears the bird is of the peafowl family, Pavo muticus – Green Peafowl.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Please don't take that translation I posted for fact. It could be from slightly correct to totally wrong.

We really need someone who can actually read that language, to interpret and confirm or debunk.

edit on 26/8/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

can someone interpret this

The yellow bird was just minding it's business and enjoying the view down the hill, when the peacock came out of the bushes by surprise, evident by the wide eyed stare. Peacock is like "pssst... PSSSST need some race fuel additives?"

Unfortunately, the yellow bird was deaf and can't beak-read and would not knew what to do with the offered stuff anyways, even if understood.

The lesson is, don't trust people dresses as peacocks.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I enjoyed that interpretation.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It says, “Don’t forget to drink ovaltine.”

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I suspected my translation to "ovaries" was incorrect, thanks for clearing

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay
a reply to: theatreboy
sorry I was struggling. It's been a while since i did a post and uploaded a pic too.
I think I got it together now

Sorry, I was having a bit of fun. Nothing was meant by it.

top topics

join