It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian military lands briefly in Crimea as part of a special operation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: putnam6

I think it's a signal of intent and yeah a certain amount of thumbing of noses toward the occupier.

Good for them.

Psychologically I love it, Here's hoping the destroyed air defense system is a turning point. I just don't count on it.

Crimea is well enough defended that it would cause massive casualties if Ukraine were to try and assault the dug-in positions on the peninsula.

Honestly, the only way Ukraine can win is to avoid a decisive head-on battle, it's a bit like George Washington who just won by surviving to fight another day. The difference is that the supply lines are shorter and Russians are probably better prepared financially for a protracted war than the Brits were

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

All I can say is what the Sky news 'expert' stated earlier today. If I can find the footage I'll post it. The chap said Crimea was defended, yet due to it being a massive area it was impossible to fully defend it without diverting Russian military from the offensive that is grinding its way to Kharkov. Do appreciate your point of view Putnam

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cookadafood
Losing ground is not losing the war. The Ukrainian troops are being wiped out this summer.
The Russians are dug in, have multiple trench and defence fortifications on Ukrainian soil with no signs of heavy losses. The Ukes are taking the L here my brah,

a reply to: alldaylong

Yeah yeah. Ukraine wiped out. Mighty Russia about to win. Collapse just round the corner. It’s a cool narrative, but it’s utter nonsense.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have never seen bigger propaganda site then the "Kyiv Independent". The stuff they post is often down right laughable.

Globe or weekly world news is more credible then Kyiv Independent IMO

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Respectfully that's poor use of troops when you are at a numbers disadvantage, not saying this wasn't a side perk, but the main objective? Is Ukriaine that down moral wise they have to risk troops planting a flag?

Oh, I don't know. As the British demonstrated in WW2, small groups of special forces can cause havoc and contribute significantly, way beyond the numbers of troops involved.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cookadafood

Peace talks would be a good idea for everyone except those who profit from war.

So that would exclude Putin and Russia then.
Putin has repeatedly stated that Ukraine must recognise Russia's right to the land it is currently occupies as a pre-condition to any peace negotiations.

Obviously that's profiting from war.....or are you simply ignoring that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join