It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sunset on the Beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So was walking on the beach as I am want to do with my wife and decided to record the lovely setting sun. It's not professional or anthing, I was just trying to hold my IPad, which doesn't even have that good of a camera, steady as the sun slowly set over the horizon. It was a lovely evening. A warm breeze coming off the ocean, seagulls flying overhead, mostly clear skies, as the sky in the distance slowly lit up with an orange glow around the setting sun.

Decided to share with my friends on ATS. Added in a couple other clips just for fun. Didn't know where to put this. So put in in Health & Wellness, as the relaxing walks on the beach is real medicine for the soul.

This was a couple weeks ago, tonight the winds of Hurricane Hilary are finally passing over. It was supposed to dump a lot of rain, but it all kinda petered out and we just got a little sprinkling. We're on the inside of the Sea of Cortes, so when hurricanes come up the Peninsula we're shielded for the most part from hurricanes, although I did hear that one hit this area back in the 1940's or something.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Beautiful! Now you've got me missing the ocean I grew up with and know I'll never see again, but it was wonderful visiting it vicariously! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Incredibly beautiful video, Randomuser. Thank you for sharing 🍻

Water, and more importantly the ocean, have so many healing properties.

I envy you, if you live that close to the ocean.

I grew up in Oregon where water on every level abounds.

I went to the sun. Unfortunately, that’s the downfall of living in AZ. No water.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

living in AZ.

I lived in Chino Valley, just out of Prescott and loved it! Such beautiful country!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Not far from me in Sedona. 🥂

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would rather view at nature any day than to stare at city buildings and manmade things. I like trees that are not perfect looking to most people these days, I feel at home with them..

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
For 5 years I lived in a hidden gem on the Jersey shore. I am not a morning person, but to see scenes like that over here you need to be out the door while it's still dark.
There were a bunch of times I stood naked (nude beach) and utterly alone, being the first one on the beach that day, facing the ocean and watched the sun come up.
The serenity and majesty of those moments I will never forget.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Incredibly beautiful video, Randomuser. Thank you for sharing 🍻

Water, and more importantly the ocean, have so many healing properties.

I envy you, if you live that close to the ocean.

I grew up in Oregon where water on every level abounds.

I went to the sun. Unfortunately, that’s the downfall of living in AZ. No water.

Thank you.

When I was a kid, around 14 or so, I visited the beach in Oregon in summer. It was a lot colder than the water down here. My mom has a lot of family that moved into the Washington state area, around Bonnie Lake. Most of them were farmers in Nebraska and Iowa. One of her sisters married a brother who moved to Washington and the rest of the family after selling off their farms kinda just mozzied on up to Washington and followed her. I miss visiting my uncle's and grampa's farms in Nebraska on summer breaks when I was a kid though.

You know we aren't that far from each other. You could come down and visit. In fact my wife rents out beach properties for people who own condos and houses on the beach. That's what we do for a living too, clean condos and beach houses. It's a stress-free and relaxing life style and comes with the perks that we have access to just about all the areas around here. You could come down and we could chew the fat and I could convince you to come back into the truth. Oh, we're in Rocky Point. I'm sure you've heard of it if you live in Phoenix, we're probably a 4 hour drive from you. 3 hours if you ignore speed limit and potty breaks.
edit on 21-8-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join