It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Official Worried About 'Equity' Over Water To Put Out Active Maui Fires

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So this fella, Manuel, was in charge of Water Resource Management and he refused to release water to the fire departments fighting the Maui fires .... until everyone sat down and had a discussion on 'equity'. Unfreak'n believable. A fire was raging and hundreds of people were burning to death, but this woke clown wanted to talk about the water distribution being 'equitable'.

Stop talking and just put out the damn fire. Geeeeze. What's wrong with people???

New York Post - Hawaii Official Worried About Equity Over Water

Access to water should be predicated on “conversations about equity,” according to the Hawaii official under fire for delaying access to water during the Maui wildfires.

M. Kaleo Manuel, former deputy director of the Hawaii Commission on Water Resource Management, waited for more than five hours to release water during the wildfires that devastated Maui, according to reports.

[...]
A former Obama Foundation leader — part of a program by the former President’s non-profit to help participants with coaching and “practical skill building for social change” — Manuel said he considered water an important tool for social justice.

[...]

edit on Sat Aug 19 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote was too long

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The emergency manager didn't sound the alarm sirens because they were worried people would run outside and into the fire because it was night time.

You have to understand, these people are communists.

They think you're stupid, and will commit any atrocities you can think of because they don't value life.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Not shocked off course after the last few years. At least it may wake more people up to the atrocity called DEI , and how utterly insane and self-serving it is .

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The emergency manager didn't sound the alarm sirens because they were worried people would run outside and into the fire because it was night time.

You have to understand, these people are communists.

They think you're stupid, and will commit any atrocities you can think of because they don't value life.

Have you been following the BS in China from the recent floods? I have and was so disgusted how the CCP did everything in their power to cover the tragedy up versus helping their own people. Then these fires happened in our own country and I noticed how our own government responded to the tragedy in the same way the CCP does and it made me wonder who my real enemy is........

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
5 hours before he released the water.

How many died in that 5 hours ? Find out and and then charge him with that many counts of willful murder or negligent homicide at the very least.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

made me wonder who my real enemy is

Governments.

All of them.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Exactly.

Look at the East Palestine train crash, they didn't care. The southern border where millions are being trafficked through, raped and sold...they don't care.

The J6 prisoners, being tortured in isolation for years without trial...

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The water in question did not service any of the Lahaina fire hydrants or Lahaina reservoirs.

It would have serviced Launiopoko area only.

It could have been used at Launiopoko reservoirs to allow for helicopter loading/drops, but all fire air assets were grounded due to strong winds.

Do not blindly trust government information.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: S0R3N808

It would have helped.
But this guy wanted to talk politics and 'equity' instead of just releasing the water.
He has been reassigned. Should have been fired.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hello newbie

edit on 19-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It most certainly would not have helped to divert water to these reservoirs during those hours, as firefighters could not have used the water or even accessed it.
What it would have done is shut the water off/reduced flow to farmers downstream, these farmers were in the impacted area during those hours.
The man deserves praise, and there is an active community effort to have him reinstated.

This story/publication appears to be an effort by local government to place blame on individuals instead of addressing the corruption that allowed the agricultural land owner surrounding Lahaina, West Maui Land Co/Peter Martin, to mismanage those lands in violation of state and federal guidelines for several years/fires.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Hello!
Not so much a newbie, just stopped posting a few years back and was just lurking.
I got motivated by the mistruths being told at every news conference/story and decided to jump in.
But, sigh, i cant remember any of my old login info and created a new account.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So you say they should be saving water for their crops while their farms, businesses and homes burn down and also people are burning to death? Your logic escapes me.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So this fella, Manuel, was in charge of Water Resource Management and he refused to release water to the fire departments fighting the Maui fires .... until everyone sat down and had a discussion on 'equity'. Unfreak'n believable. A fire was raging and hundreds of people were burning to death, but this woke clown wanted to talk about the water distribution being 'equitable'.

Stop talking and just put out the damn fire. Geeeeze. What's wrong with people???

New York Post - Hawaii Official Worried About Equity Over Water

Access to water should be predicated on “conversations about equity,” according to the Hawaii official under fire for delaying access to water during the Maui wildfires.

M. Kaleo Manuel, former deputy director of the Hawaii Commission on Water Resource Management, waited for more than five hours to release water during the wildfires that devastated Maui, according to reports.

“Let water connect us and not divide us,” said Manuel, referring to water distribution on the island. “We can share it, but it requires true conversations about equity…How do we coexist with the resources we have?”

A former Obama Foundation leader — part of a program by the former President’s non-profit to help participants with coaching and “practical skill building for social change” — Manuel said he considered water an important tool for social justice.

The West Maui Land Company said in an Aug. 10 letter to Manuel that his commission refused its request to divert streams to fill landowners’ reservoirs in the hard-hit Lahaina area until the wildfires raged out of control, according to a report.

Sources told Honolulu Civil Beat that Manuel had asked the company to consult with a local farmer about the impact of water diversion before approving their request.

“We watched the devastation around us without the ability to help,” said the company in the letter. “We anxiously awaited the morning knowing that we could have made more water available to MFD [Maui Fire Department] if our request had been immediately approved.”

Bet the guy suffers zero consequences. Heck he will probably get a raise. Sure the DNC might want to run this "hero" of DEI for a public office. And I bet he would win.

edit on 19-8-2023 by greendust because: ...

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Literally surrounded by water.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Those fires are hard to see at night /sarc.

What kills most though is smoke, not fire. Most suffocate and then burn. It's not a nice death, though. And smoke at night is hard to see.

edit on 19.8.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

In an effort for you to understand my logic i will need to educate you on your view of a farm, as it relates to these specific farms.
These farms are not large expanses of crops, they are half acre plots, or less, running the entire length of the river that divides Lahaina from Launiopoko. These farms are also where the farmers live. They are not hooked up to county water/power/roads. Taking away their ability to save themselves and their homes, mot just their farms.

Id also like to reiterate, the water would not have helped with putting out the Lahainatown fire in any way, during that timeframe, as it would not have been accessible.

A better question to ask, why was there no water to hydrants in lahaina area for tankers to refill?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That's hilarious. You just can't make this crap up. Let them burn then.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
5 hours before he released the water.

How many died in that 5 hours ? Find out and and then charge him with that many counts of willful murder or negligent homicide at the very least.

Nailed it.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: S0R3N808

It most certainly would not have helped to divert water to these reservoirs during those hours, as firefighters could not have used the water or even accessed it.

Then who was asking for it and why?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join