It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - Should the Trump trials be televised?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

Two ways that works IMO.

1, they know that the evidence and trial will be something ala Alex Jones.

or.

2. they know it will never happen and are pandering.

Try "option 3" - the belief that if Trump has to testify, he'll come off very badly. He won't answer questions (he'll try to turn it into his private showtime and it won't work), he'll give long and rambly answers, and most of all, if given a chance to pontificate in front of an audience he's likely to start admitting things that will damage his defense.

He's done that before and his lawyers don't want him taking the stand.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

So you're saying judges hate competition, yea?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itherael
Since the latest indictment of Trump, I have started seeing some articles and discussion crop up about the prospect of having the trial televised. I am curious about y'all opinion on this, is it a good idea or no?

It is interesting to see that opinions from both sides of the isle waffle on this subject. Both sides have articulated pluses and negatives.

That all being said, Trump himself has demanded the trials be televised.

I think it should be televised and let the cards fall where they may.

Absolutely! So anyone watching can see stuff presented from both sides.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Question for everyone who doesn't want this case televised/public.

Did you feel the same way about the Ghislaine Maxwell case?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see it televised for transparency reasons. Be hard to say what did or didn't happen otherwise.

(post by watchitburn removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree. The media and current emotions surrounding Trump will turn it into a circus. Lets keep the focus on UFOs and Aliens. Trump should not be the biggest talk of conversation if were on the verge of disclosure.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Itherael

Yes of course it will be, and if they can get a way with it there will be 24 Hour Trump TV once they convict and jail him.

Hell network executives would have pleasure spasms for weeks just thinking about it

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: Annee

I agree. The media and current emotions surrounding Trump will turn it into a circus. Lets keep the focus on UFOs and Aliens. Trump should not be the biggest talk of conversation if were on the verge of disclosure.

Well, I think actual transcripts should be as immediately available as possible.

I personally don’t listen to “talking heads” because they do use emotion to win over their audience.

Some people feed off emotion/drama. They can’t separate fact from emotion.

Therefore, reading would more likely present a clearer picture of actuality.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Which is ironic considering every time they drop another indictment, his numbers at the polls increase. It looks like people are starting to wake up to the fact that this is nothing more than political persecution. Isn't it also interesting that the liberals have a tendency to talk about how bad Putin is for jailing his political opposition, but they go absolutely crazy with glee when Biden and his DOJ attempt the same thing?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

Which is ironic considering every time they drop another indictment, his numbers at the polls increase. It looks like people are starting to wake up to the fact that this is nothing more than political persecution. Isn't it also interesting that the liberals have a tendency to talk about how bad Putin is for jailing his political opposition, but they go absolutely crazy with glee when Biden and his DOJ attempt the same thing?

Off topic and unrelated;
did you know that there is an American journalist imprisoned within Ukraine?

There is no consistency.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

Isn't it also interesting that the liberals have a tendency to talk about how bad Putin is for jailing his political opposition, but they go absolutely crazy with glee when Biden and his DOJ attempt the same thing?

I don't think it's interesting; but it certainly isn't a good look for Democrats to push for totalitarian political persecution just so that they have an advantage in an upcoming election.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
End of the day, Trump is a citizen just like the rest of us. This wasn't debated for Kyle Rittenhouse's proceedings or that scumbag who drove through the Christmas parade whom I won't name, rest in piss.

I say yes, because it's a wake up call, probably the last anyone is going to get.

People need to watch the mechanisms they are willing to use on Trump or anyone of us because surprise, we're citizens too!

I'm sure they're working it out anyway in order to swamp the news with their newly created "Trump crisis" to cover for Bidens RED HANDED TREASON!!!!!

I say F yeah.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

In all fairness, the cases against Rittenhouse and the red suv were state cases.

Federal cases have not been televised ever I believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Should be televised. The networks would love nothing more.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Should be televised. The networks would love nothing more.

What does a "public trial" mean to you?

Or anyone else here for that matter.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It means what it says, it's just that federal cases are prohibited from being televised.

Hence the "should" and the "F yeah" in my original response.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join