It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Hate Movie Barbie - Wokeist Hollywood Finally gets its Hit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Get 'em young seems to be the plan as man hate movie Barbie smashes box office records for this year , not difficult given the turkeys released so far this year but Barbie is cleverly tailored toward the mother and daughter Summer movie audience.

I obviously haven't seen this film as I'm a man but here is a summary of what I've gathered from those who took the bullet on my behalf.

Barbie tells a tale of female matriarchal bliss in Barbie world being disrupted by events in the real world so Barbie heads off into the real world accompanied by a stowaway Ken doll to discover why she is feeling sad , and has flat feet , it turns out the emotions and actions of those in the real world playing with their doll apparently effect the dolls living in Barbie world because , of course they do.

On arrival in the real world Barbie discovers the evil patriarchy , Ken's eyes are opened to the possibilities in this world and after stuff happens he goes back to Barbie world and turns it into an evil patriarchy but on returning Barbie discovers everything is sweetness and light with male and female dolls living the good life in equality , this cannot be allowed so the Barbies set about restoring the matriarchy.

For those interested Ben Shapiro dissects and looks into the grubby but colourful world of Barbie and "the message" it's feeding to kids.

edit on 29-7-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's sad women are so easily tricked.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not all, I've not seen this but my female best mate has, and she said pretty much the same as the OP. Don't let this cause divide and so on
This will only serve, in the long run, to ridicule these ideas. I believe.

If you play into it with those kind of comments, you're doing much worse than the movie, you're legitimising it.

originally posted by: Cwantas

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm a woman and I'm getting real tired of this War Between the Sexes.

It's been going on since the dawn of time, and it's still as stupid now as it was then.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GandalftheLegless

It's the reason these movies are made.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   
A female point of view on the movie from Daisy Cousens , " a tacky feminist romp".

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas

I don't even know what to say to this most vacant comment ever.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The media in the west is used to control and influence the masses. It's a form of mind control that if you know the nature of your target works an absolute treat. It's how western governments remove undesirable governments, they trick the people of which ever country by using their nature against them to overthrow their own governments, it's how they got rid of Gaddafi. The covid scam was testament to that fact, they used our nature against us. These types of movies are made because we humans by nature are incredibly suggestive, sadly women are more suggestive than men, essentially it's used on us all but it's also specific to our gender.

Our nature is so that we are clay being shaped in the hands of evil and the only way we can free ourselves from this control is to humbly admit to what our true nature is, to truly know ourselves, will we? no of course not.
edit on 29-7-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Maybe they could change Barbie's name to Miss Andry?

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm a woman and I'm getting real tired of this War Between the Sexes.

It's been going on since the dawn of time, and it's still as stupid now as it was then.

Could not agree more I grew up in a family where my Dad was the head of the house belt rack rattling kind of Dad, but he traveled a lot we would have weeks where he wasn't there. Thus my Mom with 4 kids within 6 years of each other was even more so. Both were completely fair when we got our azzes whipped we deserved it and it was meted out equally regardless of our gender. All of her children still love her and him fiercely and we all learned to work together and respect each other

Hell, all of the women in my life are or were strong and independent, LOL most of my exes, and even my daughters are strong AF. None of them stopped me from being a strong and independent dude either.

Mutual respect, equal chores, and responsibilities, and equal reward and punishment. Well, that's how we were raised in the 60s and 70s. Think that family attitude started to wane in the 80s-2000s and here we are.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Interesting. So the Barbie movie is all about the evils of the Patriarchy.

My disappointment with this Barbie movie? Why is Barbie white? It's implied she is hetero which just reinforces the binary. Why isn't she gay, or transgendered ? Why is Ken cis gendered? Why isn't he gay or trans? Why is Barbie a blond and perfectly proportioned instead of being fat and Black?

Yea, this movie is a sore disappointment to a great many. Obviously, the next iteration of Barbie should resemble Lizzo and the Big Girlzzzz and Ken should be an Hispanic version of Peewee Herman.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

LOL. Stand by while I pass you more ammunition, General.

Pointless conflict, indeed.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

I take offense to that as im a woman and have ZERO intention of seeing this movie.....

Why might you ask?
Because its not my shot of vodka and i dont care to see battle of the whose better then who. When the world realizes nobody is better than the other meanful change will take place.

edit on 29-7-2023 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh there were trans Barbies! I liked it. Not that serious, folks. Also PG-13 so not starting anyone too young. Girls have seen the war between the sexes on the kindergarten stage through middle school already...

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Although I agree with the OP's sentiment. I thought it was kind of funny. Went with my daughter to see it (she is an adult). I also thought that even though they were obviously trying to make an anti-man film it almost came off as pro-man as the main male character followed a traditional hero arc of story telling and I found myself rooting for him and his story as it developed. Also it was odd that Barbie chose to live in the supposed patriarchy world as opposed to going back to the matriarchy that the priducers of this film weakly glorified.

I think alot of the rights reaction to this is pretty knee jerk but I do understand it as I am also just really tired of wokeness. I think most people are.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I bought my granddaughter the divorced Barbie set, it comes with Ken’s car, Ken’s boat and Ken’s house.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I bought my granddaughter the divorced Barbie set, it comes with Ken’s car, Ken’s boat and Ken’s house.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

People are too angry these days. My wife wanted to see it, so we saw it and ya know what? I thought it was funny. It was a funny dumb comedy and everyone getting their panties in a twist need to go outside and relax. Let’s just breakdown every movie from here on out and hate em all!

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Variable2027

People are too angry these days.

Not angry , disgusted.

It was a funny dumb comedy and everyone getting their panties in a twist need to go outside and relax.

Sounds like the "why do you care" response you get from Wokeists when criticizing their wokeism , if you've heard the term "the hand that rocks the cradle" you'd know , feeding this crap to kids helps normalise the abnormal.

Open your eyes to the agenda being pushed by Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 30 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Who's forcing people to watch it?

You can say the media pushes this and that in its movies and shows but in the end nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket, nobody is forcing you to buy a subscription to a streaming platform, nobody is forcing you to watch it.

MONEY. Money is the only narrative.
If people open up their wallets to this, then they have that freedom of choice.

It's not indoctrination, it's capitalism.

top topics

join