It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-Shirt Marketing or Information War Armor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I've started working at a silkscreen print shop and have come up with a concept, that the shop isn't creating marketing by making t-shirts, caps, and uniforms for businesses and organizations, they are the 21st-century information war armory. A postmodern age guild that outfits the information warriors with armor and weapons. Everything they print is distinguishing one from the other and are drawing lines they dare you to cross.

I am merely a low-level guild worker, not even an apprentice, and when I mentioned this idea to the owner he seemed perplexed. His concerns are business, his concepts are no deeper than advertising and marketing at most. Perhaps the press operators can understand the idea, they are a bunch of old hippies for the most part.

Think of the immense power of the red MAGA baseball cap, or the uniforms of BLM and Antifa, or any tee shirt that one could wear, it is far more powerful than mere marketing. I should emphasize that the power to intimidate and incite violence is far more powerful than selling you something like a product, service, or idea.

edit on 26-7-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

While its a good metaphor for non-violent revolution and the like, the reason your shop owner is perplexed is probably that you didn't suggest any specific things that could be done differently under the alternative perspective?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rootseeker

No need to replace the current business model unless they took on some activist clients, probably not then either.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A postmodern age guild that outfits the information warriors with armor and weapons.

I'm not sure i understand their concept? It kind of sounds like alex jones' infowars merch. Is there a website link?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I've been imagining our 21st century era as a new medieval dark ages. This is another idea based on that, other than being a serf living in a feudal system.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Don’t give your energy to your boss, if you come up with a good idea, YOU do it.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Can't flag you enough for this proposition

ATS shop for all your ignorance defying purposes

Make it happen cap'n

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

A postmodern age guild that outfits the information warriors with armor and weapons.

I'm not sure i understand their concept? It kind of sounds like alex jones' infowars merch. Is there a website link?

How about t-shirts that say things like:

"It's Mine And I'll Wash It As Fast As I like"
or
"The Hippies Were Right"
and
"Buzz Told Me He Lied"

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I've got this sticker on my truck.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Mine says ‘NOT my ABC’

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have a shirt that I had custom made that proclaims "The Future is Stupid".

It's definitely war armor.

The people must know.

top topics

join