It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church bombing in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ok. I have only posted a few times in all my years here at ATS. I just want to let others know about something I just saw on Morning Joe on MSNBC. I don't know how to post links but it shouldn't be hard to find. Having said that, here goes. This morning I was watching Morning Joe and they were showing a clip about a church that was just bombed. As I was watching, my jaw about hit the floor. The clip was showing people cleaning up the debris. What caught my eye was a woman walking toward the door. She was holding what looked to me like an armful of cement slabs. She was carrying them as if they were made out of Styrofoam. She even jiggled them in her arms. Just me, but my first thought was fake footage. That's it. Don't kill the message because of the messenger. Draw your own conclusions. Thanks.
edit on 7/24/2023 by peewee1263 because: Misspelled word

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peewee1263

I honestly don't, nor have, believe any media coverage coming out of Ukraine that purports them to be the innocent victims during this whole shlabadiboo.

For all we know, it could've been a building that was demolished by a construction crew. Or like you said, a few people given a few bucks to juggle styrofoam blocks.

Just my cynical 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

'Wag the Dog' was a documentary!

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Morning Joe today's episode isn't posted yet on the site, but here is a similar video.

Regardless not sure what you are inferring here. Are they faking the cleanup? or faking the whole attack itself? if so they have multiple media sources duped.

Were they those ornamental squares? saw lots of those being thrown around

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't believe any propaganda that is on MSM related to Ukraine or to Russia. I have seen way more neutral sources that tell the stoiry more truthful even though it was created by the beliefs of the one that created the information. Both the Ukrainians and the Russians both do some bad stuff because it is WAR. If we want to stop all this...use deplomacy to stop the war. Both sides are slamming the other in leau of negotiating to stop all of this. The world has gotten sick lately, Warmongers and people who profit by war are twisting things to make things to appear as they want to. MSM profits by war too, the war is profitable to them if they twist things to make people believe in things so they can gain advertisement money.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

I honestly don't, nor have, believe any media coverage coming out of Ukraine that purports them to be the innocent victims during this whole shlabadiboo.

For all we know, it could've been a building that was demolished by a construction crew. Or like you said, a few people given a few bucks to juggle styrofoam blocks.

Just my cynical 2 cents.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy about Ukriane and our participation, have no doubt they are playing this to the hilt..

but the Spaso-Preobrazhenskyi Cathedral before and after.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
'She was holding what looked to me like an armful of cement slabs."

Clue: they weren't cement slabs.

They are stucco mouldings
edit on 24-7-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's a cathedral, there are lots of videos of the damage.

"A building that was demolished by a construction crew"?

I'm all for being cynical, but c'mon man?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What? I didn't look into anything before I posted that.

I did a quick google search and saw a morning radio show/podcast talking about it. Did I click it and listen? Of course not. My speakers don't work, and I have the attention span of a throw rug.

I also saw 2 different links to news sources and articles. Did I click on those? Also no.

I've come to lead. Not to read.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, then your 2 cents ain't even worth that?

"I've come to lead. Not to read."

Blimey.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Haven't you seen the state of the economy?

2 cents nowadays is practically a negative value when adjusted for inflation.

I offer 2 whole dollars on my researched replies

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"Researched"?

"I didn't look into anything before I posted that."

Hmmm.....

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
wrong post, sry

edit on 24 7 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What? I didn't look into anything before I posted that.

I did a quick google search and saw a morning radio show/podcast talking about it. Did I click it and listen? Of course not. My speakers don't work, and I have the attention span of a throw rug.

I also saw 2 different links to news sources and articles. Did I click on those? Also no.

I've come to lead. Not to read.

Respectfully spoken like a true politician

If you are going to lead without knowing or understanding the facts, you will fit right in with most of those at the pinnacle of governments throughout the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's possibly what I saw, not sure. Just struck me as odd. reply to: putnam6

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: peewee1263
That's possibly what I saw, not sure. Just struck me as odd. reply to: putnam6

I understand in today's world it's good to be skeptical as hell, there is certainly a load of BS being slung a lot of times. Every person, video, article, and post seems to have been "agendized" if I can make up a word.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If it was a Russian missle that hit the church there would be no church. This is obviously another misfire from the Ukranian air defenses. Like Poland....

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I don't think a Uke air defence missile would do this much damage:

www.stripes.com...

"The destruction is enormous, half of the cathedral is now roofless," said Archdeacon Andrii Palchuk, as workers brought documents and valuables out of the building, its floor inundated with water used by firefighters to extinguish the blaze.

Palchuk said the damage was caused by a direct hit from a Russian missile that penetrated the building down to the basement. Two people inside at the time of the strike were wounded."

Bear in mind that Odessa has been under sustained Russian missile attack.

Also, it's a Cathedral.

edit on 25-7-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Real footage false perception , here's a view from above.

I think it's likely it was caused by an Ukrainian air defence round or a downed drone rather than a missile.
edit on 25-7-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's a lot of damage?

Unlikely.

Perhaps one of our resident experts might weigh in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join