It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Burchett full interview before congressional hearing on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
In this interview, Mr. Burchett (a representative for Tennessee's 2nd congressional district) discusses his concerns about the lack of transparency from the government and military regarding UFO sightings. His belief in the need for transparency is reinforced by accounts from military pilots who have reported close encounters and unidentified crafts, often at the risk of their own careers. Despite facing resistance from the military-industrial complex, Burchett is committed to pursuing openness, advocating for unredacted files and the disclosure of classified information in the belief that the public has the right to know.

Call for Transparency

Look, all I want is transparency. I think that's what you all in the media are always after, transparency. Let's get to the bottom of it. Quit sending us these redacted files. Let the American people see what they show us in private. And it's time to get this out in the open. And we're going to have professionals. It's going to be a real hearing. We're not going to bring in a flying saucer, a little green man, talking about getting probed by somebody. This is going to be the real deal. And now, you're seeing the Pentagon, seeing that American, the American public is showing some interest, and over half the American public believes in something else out there

Criticism of Government Handling of UFO Information

And now the Pentagon is looking for money. And they'll they'll ask for a few billion dollars to study it. And we don't need to give him any more money. They lose over a billion dollars a year in their audits. They have not passed an audit in the history of auditing the Pentagon. You can't name me another institution up here that loses, literally loses over a billion dollars. Department of Defense, 60% of their assets are unaccounted for. If that was a business, they'd be in jail, and they should be. And so, I just want the files, turn loose of the files, the unredacted files, the photographs, the film. Let the American public see it. Let them see some of the things that I've seen in private.

You know, I went down to Florida. I was supposed to be briefed. Representative Luna and Representative Gates are both from Florida. You're supposed to be briefed down there at the base. And a skiff, a secure thing. You gotta take your cell phones off. You can't take any electronic devices in for fear of recording or whatever, or some sort of sabotage. It's exactly like when you go see the President of the United States. You put everything and lock it in a locker and you keep the key. And we were told we were going to, all this stuff we were going to see, we're going to talk to these pilots. Well, we get down there in this meeting and we look at the synopsis of the meeting and there's nothing over what they said they were, and here I am flying down there. I take two days out of my, my life. I don't have much time off from up here. And they're playing this stupid game with us. The general is. You know, they tell us the clearance to see that brother. We've got the highest clearances there are, you know, if it's out there, I'm supposed to pretty much be able to see it.

Pilots’ Experiences and Fear of Retaliation

And these are decorated veterans, you know, doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot up here in Washington, but back in Tennessee, it means a lot that a decorated veteran comes forth. And why would they want to wreck their career? And you had pilots tell me that they, and some of these pilots have told me how they destroy, they destroy the footage because when they come back to base, you know, they're interrogated eight hours. And so it's a cat and mouse game

Potential implications for energy production and environmental impact

Because, you gotta imagine, if there's an energy source that these things are traveling, and the speeds that they are achieving, and they're not showing a heat source. So you got to imagine if there is some sort of energy source that they could, they could do this out in, in, you know, the society had a hold of, imagine we wouldn't be having all these wars in the Middle East because guess what? We wouldn't need the oil. We wouldn't need all this, you know, these government programs, we wouldn't need all these people, these jobs that, that are, that are creating. We wouldn't be destroying the environment to dig up stuff. You know, we could power the world. It's Tesla's dream

Frustration with the handling of UFO investigations

I've seen some things that divide, As they were explained to me, I was asking them how, you know, that our craft, our pilots couldn't keep up with, I'll just leave it at that there's things that I've seen that if it was an American, if it was a pilot inside of that, they'd be dead. They couldn't withstand the G's and they couldn't withstand the pressure and the ability to make those turns and without a heat signature to me is just, that's beyond belief.

Belief in extraterrestrial origins

I'm 100% convinced that is not any of our allies or any of our enemies aircraft, that it did not come from this world. Either it's from our skunk works, which means it was something they recovered and they reversed engineered, or it is something extraterrestrial. I'm convinced there's no other explanation because if it's the Russians, they wouldn't be battling in Ukraine, China, they would control us.

edit on 23-7-2023 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18
I think this is all just a hot air exercise. I really think the whole World have come to the conclusion that UFOs exist. What they are or where they come from is another argument. So harping on about sightings is a very moot point.

Now they very important bit that the people in power are not pushing for is the existence of nuts and bolts technology to the general public. They can insist all they want that "we have no downed craft, we have no technology" but there are eye witness whistle-blowers that testify that that is not true. But it seems that private/ military people have these technologies and are developing them for their own ends, not the countries or the Worlds. Also they are doing this with the tax payers dollars.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

To make substantial claims about these phenomena, we require more than anecdotes, eye witness accounts, or whistle-blower testimonies. We need tangible, verifiable, and repeatable evidence. While your assertion points towards the possibility of suppressed 'nuts and bolts' technologies, without concrete proof, these assertions remain within the realm of speculation.

In this respect, the world isn't just waiting for confirmation, it is awaiting a shift in understanding equivalent to the transition from BC to AD. A verified revelation about the nature and origin of UFOs would undoubtedly cause a paradigm shift in our understanding of the universe and our place within it.

Moreover, while the perceived stonewalling or pushback from institutions like the Pentagon may seem discouraging, it can actually serve a constructive role in this scenario. This resistance is not necessarily an obstacle, but rather a catalyst for momentum, spurring on researchers, journalists, and the public to seek the truth with more vigor. It reflects the intrinsic checks and balances of our system, which, albeit imperfect, strives for verification and due process before accepting extraordinary claims.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Have to say I think most people have long since chosen to believe in UFO’s and the possibility of alien life. I don’t think many even care. Hard to say whether any sighting now is real, theirs, ours, whatever. Until something definitive occurs it will make no difference to anyone. Life is hard for most. Living is their business right now.

I think if NASA grew some balls and showed evidence of previous civilisation on Mars, or ruins on the moon, it would raise hardly a stir. None of it is going to change their daily lives, and, unless it does in some way, it’s just more pointless information.

top topics

join