It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to freeze Ukraine war and stop the killing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quintilian

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: shalao

so trump really has some fancy diplomatic footwork to do if he is to succed

Diplomacy is not a word you'll find in US versions of the English dictionary.

They'll tell Europe what to do and Europe will oblige.

if that was the case then obamas red lines in syria and the the mess in libya would never have evolved the way they have , nor the f*ck up that was the withdrawal from afghanistan..

we know from the leaks that both Russia and the US are concerned about the grouping the us calls the northern nato and its implications for nato proper as it can react outside of us or eu control or mandate..

if there is a failure to get sweden or finland into nato proper under us/eu control it still leaves them in a nuclear block and the calls to add ukraine to that block might end up being seen as compelling

at this point both biden and trump need some fancy diplomatic foot work to keep it all working as that block of nato/eu members acting independently would pull the rest in as they already have in ukraine.
edit on 20-7-2023 by nickyw because: crap spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Threadbare
He's also saying he would not send help to Taiwan if China invaded.

Trump is Xi and Putin's bitch.

Who would you cry about if it wasn’t for Trump?

You guys want war with Russia.
You guys want war with China.

Who do you think will win a war against either or both of them with the woke military you guys want?

Considering this thread directly involves Trump and his words, I would say that it is you that got upset because a user gave a fact you don't jive with. I always find it funny that that there are users that just get under other users thin skin.
Grow up butter cup.

As for Mr.Trump and his remarks related to ending the war in 24hr...well maybe he could, maybe he couldn't. But I can say with full confidence that he would just pull all support from Ukraine and allow Putins forces to run amuck with zero consequences. There would definitely be a mass loss of life of those not involved with the war and most of the children will become captive and forced into a camp of sorts.
All of that is not cool.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You're new here. We'll cut you some slack. Researching your topic here, you'd find a bunch on this.

He'll do nothing but rot in hell. Lie, cheat, steal, not pay, bankruptcy, foreclosure, lawsuits approaching over 100...not counting the 66 lost ones...and counting.

If I can give you any research advice? Read MSM. Watch MSM. Discuss MSM. If you dont...you won't see all the nonsense angles. Read alternative news agragate sights as well. It helps perspective...

If you would dug a bit...he never did anything. 450 miles of Mexican wall...all unfinished...his buddy Bannon stole the wall money and was convicted. And we blame Bumbling-Biden for the boarder crisis?

Good day to you...welcome aboard!✌️
edit on 07234831America/ChicagoThu, 20 Jul 2023 08:35:48 -050035202300000048 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If Trump really does this he will be permanently removed from the human race by the you know who agencies and their handlers AKA weapons of mass destruction. IMHOa reply to: shalao

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I realize it is more complicated than this, but I am a fairly simple rat and have to break things down to bite-size pieces.

What is the goal here? Weaken Russia? Save Ukrainian lives? Save "Democracy"?

Does continuing to fund the war effort help save Ukrainian lives or does it prolong the war sacrificing more lives?

How many lives would be lost (or saved) if we had not been sending a gazillion bucks to (the) Ukraine?

If that same gazillion bucks had been used to improve the USA in some way, would that not have been a better use of the money? Can we really afford to fund (another) war when we are in so far debt that it boggles the mind?

I think we should mind our own business until we resolve our own problems.

Saying that if we stop giving them $$$ they will have to fight with sticks and stones is not entirely true.

They could stop fighting and perhaps that would be better than dying.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: XxGargamelxX

"Very good, Louis. Short, but pointless."
-Egon Spengler

Trumps proposal is a chumps proposal.
He wants a ceasefire or he'll stop sending bullets?

That means if they stop fighting, he'll send more weapons and ammo just to enable more fighting?

That's a genius way to end a conflict. /s

AMERICA: Stop fighting or I'll stop sending bullets.
UKRAINE: Just keep shooting, when we run out of bullets, we'll agree to a ceasefire and get more.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If Russia don't agree, then Trump hints at sending something big like nuclear bombs to Ukraine and Ukraine throw nukes on Moscow.

I was following along on an idea of ceasefire terms, until I read this lol. And if Russia decides to retiliate to Trump sending nukes by launching nukes himself? What then? Does he have a contigency plan or just roll the dice and hope nuclear anhilation doesn't happen.

Also, its very easy to play armchair general when you're no longer in a position of power and don't have many vested interests trying to pull you in differn't ways.

Plus, it took Trump about 4 years just to implement a plan to move away from Afghanistan, which wasn't even successful once Biden took over. He doesn't really have a great track record of easily ending conflicts to just take his word that "he knows what to do".
edit on 20-7-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As much as I like Trump and as much as I want this stupid war to end, forcing Ukraine to give up would just be appeasing Russia. Putin’s pathetic ploy does not need rewarding. Get back to the borders and there will be peace. It’s easy. Putin can have peace tomorrow if he wants it. He doesn’t.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Pretty clear diplomacy starts when Russia leaves. From the war they started and the regions they are temporarily occupying.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1986

The West forced Russia to give up the southern half of Sakhalin island to Japan during the Russia Japan war.

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt
You know a lot of Ukrainian citizens would prefer the war to end. There are sane people in that country that are willing to accept a border change seeing as most of the country does not live in those regions and those that did wanted to leave the maniacs that seized power and started killing their own citizens, as they actually continue to do today against anyone publicly dissenting anything about the governing power.

We can't trust our media to honestly report anything, let alone public opinion in a country that has codified the criminalization of dissenting and opposing views to the ruling government. There is no free speech in Ukraine right now, how can we get an honest assessment of public opinion there regarding all the fatherless families and lost siblings??

posted on Jul, 21 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

at this point both biden and trump need some fancy diplomatic foot work to keep it all working as that block of nato/eu members acting independently would pull the rest in as they already have in ukraine.

Biden is somewhat irrelevant in this sense, as he rarely knows what planet he is on. As a devout neocon who was instrumental in planning this war, he is now simply a frontman for the neocon agenda. He'll do what the swamp tell him to do.

As to the last part, very unlikely. But even if so, as they are not really of any militarily or economic significance, who cares?

Trump would simply tell Zelensky no more aid unless you negotiate. Russia would keep their latest additions and Crimea. Zelensky would probably flee to one of his many mansions before his own Nazis get him amid a change of leadership. Ukraine would remain neutral. Trump would no doubt be happy enough with no more gas pipeline, and probably make sure the US keeps dibs on the Ukraines resources for their corporations and rebuilding (through puppet institutions such as the IMF).

From memory Trump was very critical of Nato when in office, and talked of abandoning it at one stage. Should have been done in the '90s anyway.

edit on 21-7-2023 by Quintilian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quintilian
Trump would simply tell Zelensky no more aid unless you negotiate. Russia would keep their latest additions and Crimea.

That's a surrender, not a negotiation.

Then again I dont think Trump knows what a negotiation is, so you're probably correct in that he would say that.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Wasn't Trump the one who said it was "genius" for Putin to invade Ukraine? Does anybody seriously think this lying clown could accomplish anything if he were president, other than pulling the US out of NATO?

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
He's also saying he would not send help to Taiwan if China invaded.

Trump is Xi and Putin's bitch.

More like he's their gimp.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

So he's basically going to pull a Joe Biden by withholding resources from Ukraine until they agree to his demands.

Well... It's worked before!

Also, the way he's describing war sounds an awful lot like how Kamala explains things.

How is that a Joe Biden move? Last time I checked the Biden administration was supplying the most aid of any country to Ukraine. Don't you mean pull another Trump like he did previously to Ukraine, and was impeached for?

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It simply amazes me that people still buy into this Ukraine war as anything else but the elites trying to re-secure the CIAs money laundering operation in the area. Russia, despite three decades of movies painting them as the mortal enemy of all Americans, are not the real threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join