It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lionel Messi joins David Beckham's Inter Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
American football fans (the game where you kick a ball with your foot) are set to watch the best player in the world this season as Lionel Messi turned down a £344m a year offer from Saudi team Al Hilal to join his old mate in the sun at Inter ... Miami.

Inter Miami are currently bottom of the league resulting in manager Phil Neville getting the sack , hard to see Inter staying bottom of the league with Messi's skills on the pitch.

The World Cup winner said in a statement from the club: "I'm very excited to start this next step in my career with Inter Miami and in the United States.

"This is a fantastic opportunity and together we will continue to build this beautiful project. The idea is to work together to achieve the objectives we set, and I'm very eager to start helping here in my new home."

Beckham said he was overjoyed at Messi's arrival and described him as a "good friend [and] an amazing person".
news.sky.com...

They won't know what hit them.

posted on Jul, 15 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
baseball, basketball and "handegg" are very popular and soccer is still not as popular as in the rest of the world. maybe Messi will change this idk. Granted Os Rei Pele came to the US in the 70s, and soccer still didn't take off

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dont know about you but 344mil a year is just stupid money but i guess its true what they say... more money you have the more stupid you become with it...

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WorldxGonexMad

Thing is Messi was out of contact at PSG so there was no transfer fee involved plus he is arguably still one of the best players in the world even at 36 , I think the prestige of having a player like that at their club would have been worth the investment , as it was Messi chose friendship and better quality football over a fat paycheck.

Top sports stars get paid top money in any sport , Messi has been at the top of football for many years so I guess it was a fairly easy decision for him to make , it will be interesting to see if he can rescue Inter Miami.

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
baseball, basketball and "handegg" are very popular and soccer is still not as popular as in the rest of the world. maybe Messi will change this idk. Granted Os Rei Pele came to the US in the 70s, and soccer still didn't take off

It’s just America where it’s not as popular, the rest of the world it actually is. The World Cup is the most watched tournament on the planet

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Albert999

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

It’s just America where it’s not as popular, the rest of the world it actually is. The World Cup is the most watched tournament on the planet.
It’s going to be fun watching Messi run rings around everyone in every game, until they start hacking him down and injuring him for the whole season 😒

edit on 16-7-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Messi magic , Lionel Messi scores the winning goal in extra time on his debut with a trademark Messi free kick.

Cruz Azul 1 - Inter Miami 2

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Messi's first start for Inter Miami sees him bag 2 goals in the first 22 minutes and provide 1 assist in the second half against Atlanta United.

new topics

top topics

join