It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Stupid Politicians Attempt To Portray Themselves As Intelligent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This morning, I have been picking through the highlights of the House of Representatives oversight of the Federal Bureau of Investigation yesterday. Questioning of FBI director Christopher Wray and as it turns out, what I found most amusing about the entire video came at the very last.

It was where Representative Hank Johnson of Mississippi had just 2 more questions to ask Mr. Wray that I found his final comment of Mr. Wray's testimony, unintentionally I might add, quite accurate as it turns out. I'm sure he would not have used this particular word if it had not been just some word he heard somewhere and decided it sounded intelligent and used it here without actually knowing its definition. Just to make him look and sound intelligent.

As this turns out, this joke is on him.

The portion of the video I reference starts near the very end at 5:53:33. At the very end of Mr. Johnson's comments. He uses one particular word to describe Mr. Wray's testimony and performance there, actually quite accurately. This is funny and you have to watch this ignorant person try to present himself as somewhat intelligent. LOL

The word he used to describe Director Wray's testimony is, wait for it, "Loquacious".

I tried to load this video at the intended timestamp but If it starts at the beginning, fast-forward to 5:53:33 to get to the intended portion referenced.

Can't get it to the exact timestamp of 5:53:33 so let it run just a few seconds from where it does start.

Loquacious: adjective
talking or tending to talk much or freely; talkative; chattering; babbling; garrulous:
a loquacious dinner guest.

Characterized by excessive talk; wordy:
easily the most loquacious play of the season.

The associated term for Loquacious is garrulous.
garrulous

găr′ə-ləs, găr′yə-
adjective
Given to excessive and often trivial or rambling talk; tiresomely talkative.
Wordy and rambling.
Talking much, especially about commonplace or trivial things; talkative; loquacious.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Lord help this nation if this is the best we can send to Washington DC to represent us. The Democratic Party is chock-full of this kind of idiocy.
We are screwed.

edit on 13-7-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hank Johnson is a known idiot...

He is the same intellectual giant that thought the island of Guam could tip over...

Or then this gem on midgets...

Then the world without balloons..

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

In general, the quality of our political representatives has tended toward the mediocre since the Watergate hearings.

But what should we expect?

We no longer strive to elect the "best" candidates for the job.

Instead, we seek, and reward with our votes, those candidates we find most "entertaining".

Or worse, those candidates who best reflect our worst, and darkest desires.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Does the quality of the politicians we elect also represent the intellect of the people that elect them? As a nation, are we getting dumber and dumber every election cycle?

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Anytime I see Hank, all I can think of is Guam tipping over. This guy is such a tool. And like Schiff, Pelosi, Gnaddler and others, they keep getting re-elected. Almost as if there aren't any smarter people in their districts.
Idiocracy was supposed to be entertainment. It's a #ign documentary. A sad one.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: LittleJake

In general, the quality of our political representatives has tended toward the mediocre since the Watergate hearings.

But what should we expect?

We no longer strive to elect the "best" candidates for the job.

Instead, we seek, and reward with our votes, those candidates we find most "entertaining".

Or worse, those candidates who best reflect our worst, and darkest desires.

I think if the last four years have taught us anything, it’s that we don’t know whom we are electing. Basically those being sent are preselected it seems if there is any way to push the narrative past the voters and the voters will sit on their hands afterwards instead of tie people up on the town tree like should have happened the very next morning several times.

posted on Jul, 13 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

This is the perfect example as to why I posted the thread about repealing the 17th amendment. We can't even elect competent representation to the House, much less to both the House and Senate. If the 17th were repealed, we might at least have some semblance of a competent body in at least one chamber to restrain all the insanity proliferating Washington these days. Return some semblance of control over this federal monolith back to the states, where it was originally intended to be. The way it is now, they have no control at all over this criminalized federal monolith.

posted on Jul, 14 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am forever astonished at the number of people who think politics is real. I am always struck by the similarity between people who take politicians serious and the guy at the strip club who thinks the dancer really likes him?

new topics

top topics

join