It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS merchandise ,podcasts ,and other Jazz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Many years ago when I first found this site you could buy merchandise, listen to ATS radio shows and now nothing .

I did throw a idea at the former owner SO about ten or more years ago when he was looking for funding ideas to finance this site at having a separate forum for members selling items and the site getting a small cut just like eBay even Stormfront had that going on .

Many members then and now were hostile to the idea of a membership fee and this site has slowly declined over the years to a trickle of its former daily numbers who logged in .

A large part of that is due to the age of the CT crew in general , We are anywhere between 40 and 80 and dying of rapidly , New blood and new ideas are needed ASAP .

This site badly needs a revamp and a rebuild so the features work and for the hosting costs to be significantly cut from the ludicrous figures SO was talking about when the site was up for sale a few years ago .

What the new owners plan for this site I do not know, but I would not like to see this place vanish into the night .

I would like to see a bit of fun injected back into here after years of fighting over politics which divided many and only lowered the tone and the member base of the site , we need some AMA guests back , competitions with prizes .
a pen or a mug and some radical advertising to attract a new generation of conspiracy researchers to find this site and call it home like the old guard did .

I will throw my hat into the ring Mr & Mrs Darko and do the UK side of the merchandise and mailing this side of the pond and contribute a little to get it going , it took me a whole 3 seconds to look this site up www.totalmerchandise.co.uk...

As for AMA guests many members here rub shoulders with interesting people in their daily life .

And many members here are more than capable of coming up with a ATS 2.0 that would be fit for the future and they would win a free Tee-shirt and pen .

What say you good people of ATS , throw down your ideas and let's see what sticks .

It's 5am with me I will check back in later

edit on 10/7/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 11 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You used to be able to order ats stuff through Cafe press back in the day.

ats needs a hecklefish.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

ats needs a hecklefish.

My Hecklefish T-shirt just arrived today! It's an early birthday present from me to me.

I'm not sure I'd wear an ATS shirt, though; I'd be embarrassed to have family and friends know I get so much of my information here. One visit to the site from someone who's never been here before would make my friends and family wonder why I hang out where people are always throwing personal attacks and insults at anyone they disagree with. It might be difficult to get people of renown to participate in an AMA forum until we all learn not to be so insulting to each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Which one did you get? I have the Spirit Animal in Heather Red.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Even getting a button machiene and making forum buttons would be cool.

You could make it so if the person has so many stars and flags they can purchase a special pin that has like the outline of the forum and written outside they cN put star and flag counts. They cN put the number of posts they put. Essentially you would have the button with add one depending on your counts. If ya wanted you could hVe your name. This would be by forum so if you got 10000 stars in cryptozoologyand posted 15 times you could have that inscribed the number of each and if you wanted your name..... I think it could be fun. Grandkids will be like.... what are these pins for... you tell them for being an ATS bad A..

edit on 7 11 2023 by cre8chaos because: I had more stuff to say and I didn't think about it until after I posted.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   
An ATS hoodie, hand-knitted by the mods.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Sign me up for a t-shirt or hoodie!

Years back I was taking a stroll after lunch and spotted an ATS logo bumper sticker. When I got home I couldn't find anywhere to buy one

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
You used to be able to order ats stuff through Cafe press back in the day.

ats needs a hecklefish.

Still have a t-shirt and I treasure my Hoodie. Gets some attention.

What we need is tin foil hats of some great designs. They will go like hot cakes.

That, and Alien masks.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Sign me up for a t-shirt or hoodie!

Years back I was taking a stroll after lunch and spotted an ATS logo bumper sticker. When I got home I couldn't find anywhere to buy one

That is exactly the blitz campaign we need and on a budget and some fum memes on Tee shirts etc it would get people interested enough to find the site and join in .

Jack Nicholson saying you can't handle the truth stay away from ATS etc , have a monthly competition with a prize for the winner .

Anything to inject some fun back into the site and draw the membership closer together , we have members spread round the world and should have roving reporters on the ground for news rather than rely on Tic tok or twitter feeds

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: abe froman

ats needs a hecklefish.

My Hecklefish T-shirt just arrived today! It's an early birthday present from me to me.

I'm not sure I'd wear an ATS shirt, though; I'd be embarrassed to have family and friends know I get so much of my information here. One visit to the site from someone who's never been here before would make my friends and family wonder why I hang out where people are always throwing personal attacks and insults at anyone they disagree with. It might be difficult to get people of renown to participate in an AMA forum until we all learn not to be so insulting to each other.

I am totally the opposite of that I proudly tell people i know that I speak to people online who could run rings round the so called professionals just for fun , we have some really intelligent members here who know their stuff members like Rickymouse , who needs a doctor when this member has a vast vast knowledge that can shame the so called professionals

The injection of fun is badly needed especially with the younger generation now days and to steer the conversation away from the political bickering that seems to be going on now forever , just like the government wants

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Which one did you get? I have the Spirit Animal in Heather Red.

Hecklefish on a black background.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Im thinking of getting the plushy for my cattle dog Topanga. She will absolutely go nuttz with the talking fish, but Im pretty sure she might shred hiim so I would have to put him up after play time for the $.

I remember back in the day, Jimmy Dean had a muppet dog named Ralph on at the end of the show. I would struggle to stay away on the couch with my Dad, who let me stay up one night a week a half hour past bed time to see Ralph.

Maybe that's why I watch Why Files every week? The Ralph gimmick WORKED. AJ knows.

edit on 7/11/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

POTD or “U Win the Internet”

I mean, stars and flags are fine but there are topics I just don’t bother with (e.g., the mudpit) but there can still be brilliance amongst the posts. A Post Of The Day would be a great way to showcase some brilliant ideas (funny, methods to stay within T&C, …). It could open threads to a broader audience
. And if everyone sucks that day, who cares?? There is no winner.

I mean has everyone read “Why the Towers Fell” thread?? There is a post that has forced us to not have single word replies anymore. And it is brilliant! And not everybody knows what moobs are (oh yeah, pics prove it did happen! LOL).

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

There are a load of forums that are sitting unused on this site and have not had a post in a long time comics has not had a post in 185 days ,website design is 28 days , collaborative research 133 days research forum 73 days , SetI forum 357 days ATS video forum 386 days ,Scott Creighton 181 days ago .

If I were the owner of this site I would invite a guest for each of those unused forums to be a regular contributers and maybe add a video, it would be a win -win for the site and the individual.

I had a friend in sales who would laugh at people who would buy anything just because there was a free gift involved
when their purchase was being delivered their first question was where is my free gift .

I do remember tuning into the radio shows years ago and know SO did try and drum up interest and get some decent guests for AMA sessions and there are a load of interesting forums to suit all tastes everything from motoring to cooking .

I think IMHO that some younger blood needs invited here and not just for the doom and gloom stuff in life , the membership here is never short of ideas and needs to chime in but Mr & Mrs Darko really need to pick up that ball and go with it .

I am all in for putting in 100 bucks to get some merchandise going and posting out this side of the pond as I am shocked at what I was quoted to post a Black and decker tool leaflet from the 50s to the UK $ 7 + 35 bucks postage for a small letter lol .

What do the computer buffs on this site say about building a improved site a ATS 2.0 or for podcasts etc

Feel free to chime in

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Do you think the Owner(s) or Mods here would release high-res ATS logos etc?

We could at least create our own free advertising

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Do you think the Owner(s) or Mods here would release high-res ATS logos etc?

We could at least create our own free advertising

I hope they would as it is in the best interest of the site , nobody would be getting rich of it but it would maybe attract some new blood and hopefully some younger members here.

When you look at the CT crowd in general we are all getting on in age and the younger generation are hooked to Facebook ,TIC Tok etc .

Simple little things like pens and mugs and stickers do not cost the earth and get noticed , a few well thought out funny slogans and memes on Tee- shirts would show the lighter side of this site and the other forums here that largely go unnoticed.

I know zero about building websites and hope someone with that experience would chime in on that and maybe the new owners will pick up some ideas on it , Ditto with the podcasts thing I would not have the faintest clue where to start with that one .

We should have a fun monthly or quarterly competition here to lighten the load and get people involved again , best picture competition or something similar where everyone could join in and invite a famous photographer to judge the winner .

I am quite willing to throw in a few bucks to get this going and I am sure more than a few members here would do the same for all the free entertainment we had over the years .

I would hate to see this place vanish into the night as it is one of the most civil forums going ,which I love about this place

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bumping and hoping the Darkos will add their 2 cents to the thread and some younger members will chime in with some fresh ideas for the road ahead

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think that we (ATS) should lead the way on how merchandise is made/sold. The whole “green” movement should be embraced. Not to make money but make buyers put their mouth where their money is!

That makes awareness part of explaining what an ATS is. You can still ask for “silent” donations but a free “woke rant” from an actual member would be more effective than a logo on a sweatshop t-shirt!

I’m not saying “join us or die” but more like free trade coffee mugs show that you love your coffee shop and care about the small guys growing ecologically sane coffee beans. Not because you are “woke” but because you like the taste.

It is word of mouth but with more meaning than just brand awareness.

And you can always donate more money if you want to!

I would love a stainless steel vacuum coffee mug with “ATS” across the face! Black powder coat, silver logo., that would be worth 50$!!

(and would make a bad-a emoji too!)

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It would be great if the new owners came in with some plans /ideas as very little seems to have changed to the casual observer and the site stuck in the past somewhat .

ATS could do with a few young interns , roving reporters , computer geeks etc I know the former owner SO did try but maybe we would be better with home grown organic rather than aiming high with people like Ben Swann etc .

Plenty of ats members rub shoulders with interesting people on a daily basis or themselves do interesting jobs and çould maybe invite a friend to do a AMA .

Advertising would be up to the owners descretion as they will own the logos and trademarks but I was mearly pointing out some cheap ideas to get the site noticed , things like bookmakers pens etc cheap and cheerful and we could leave them at spots likely to get picked up , people are querious creatures and would Google it .

One thing that did shock me when the site was up for sale was the running costs of this site 32k pm if memory serves me right, with the amount of members that have drifted away or simply died over the age of this site and with YouTube deleting many accounts it would make sense to archive ATS and make it available for a small subscription and streamline the site , I would also like to see ats outlive me .

I am just throwing this out there seeing if anything sticks and if any members with more experience and energy pick up the mantle and run with it

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I wondered why no one in command of revenue popped into this thread , and know I know after the hacking fiasco that the site was broken up and sold to different parties it seems on the surface ! Gordon gecko would be so proud - -- not

www.hugedomains.com...

See how easy it is $3095

edit on 31/10/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join