It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is negation used in some Religions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: whereislogic
You can find the answer to those questions here. From that its stated "This is My name forever [le’olam]” (Exodus 3:15) without the letter vav, such that it can be read le’alem, to conceal, meaning that the name should be concealed".

That's their solution? Just change what it says to what they want it to say, never mind it would no longer fit the context if you change it like that? Besides, I'm not sure it's actually an answer to my questions (why did you skip the first question? That was the main question, the other questions were in light of that).

Exodus 3:15 (NW):

Then God said once more to Moses:

“This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever*, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

Moses was supposed to conceal the very name he was “to say to the Israelites”? (in answer to his question: “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What should I say to them?”)

*: JPS Tanakh 1917: “for ever” (that's a Jewish translation, come to think of it, does any Jewish translation actually render this expression as “to conceal”? Those are 2 completely different meanings.)
edit on 6-7-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Not a solution, it is a translation from Hebrew texts that cite the incorrect name is to be used for all eternity. Similarly one is not permitted to make a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven. Labels and idols only empower the mind. A mind that has to conquered not empowered (Romans 8:7). In essence, G_d has no name. He is above all that we can know and comprehend. If we label G_d as a word. Our mind will confine Him within attributes. Limiting the unlimited within the constructs of our own mind. When in fact...

Psalm 139:7-12 "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Mark 8:34 "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me".

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Yes ignorance.

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The bible and its perspectives, everything written was spoken by Jesus to the people at the time where he stood surrounding Him able to hear Him, but Jesus was not a human like us although He said we can do whatever He does. So as I try to make mashed potatoes Jesus just had to say; be mashed potatoes or something in that sense. Jesus served the needs of people and was able to do so what we call supernaturally nowadays but is very normal to an Almighty Wise serving God.

Nowadays we need money, but what is it we need money for? A closet, a house, travel.

Closet be there, house appear, let me be in Afghanistan and anything asked an almighty being can do. God gives the desires of our heart as it serves our needs. I don't need 70.000 houses for myself so I doubt God would make them to serve my greed.

When God is Almighty why did people have to make war themselves? God does not serve hate.

David made war, but David was punished for taking the wife of a man he murdered. Was David having to go to war for this god an illusion of his?

When everybody is born a sinner we should end every human life appearing on earth when God is a god that expects to kill the wicked physically. Jesus did not murder 1 and came to serve healing people from wanting to go to war, so they would know how to live in peace. Only the sick need a doctor, He said. Eventually He got killed himself but God had more plans with Him. Jesus showed them, look what you've done, here I am again, this you cannot escape, I am The Way, The Truth and The Life! What are you about to do! Know your God and live happily doing the things I can do by Him. Even though you have other gods only he is your god!

When our heart is bad and God does not serve the evil in it we should make a good heart for ourselves God wants to serve.

Having an Alknowing Almighty God at our side with the intent of doing good only seems beneficial. If you can make a man forgive his neighbor instead of ruining his life, isn't that good!

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you

May god make us draw nigh to him.

I hope I didn't spoil your thread. The concept of a good almighty god seems appealing to me. Where is your god people say, this god is my god as well as their god, who talks to him?

posted on Jul, 8 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

Of cause you do not spoil the thread, Untun. You teach a good reminder, that faith alone, is a path to G_d. Sometimes we can overthink things rather than trusting in G_d. Let he do the thinking, worrying etc for us. Eventually we may come to a point. That we only desire to exist in his love. Come what may.

Thank You.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join