It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the 1947 UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustine, New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Art Campbell an author, teacher and former member of MUFON became interested in the location of a possible ufo crash on the Plains of San Augustine inspired by Stanton Friedman's book 'Crash at Corona'. Here is the link to what he discovered after 10 years of investigation and also the 42 page Laboratory analysis performed by Dr. Steve Colbern which determined the isotopic ratios of the material were non-earth. crashbook
edit on 25-6-2023 by meteorlima because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2023 by meteorlima because: insert picture

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No meat on these bones.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What ?
I agree with the above poster, the website you are linking to is one big mess and does not a clear answer to what it is all about, I see a wodden plank in the dessert and some people with metal detectors looking ?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: meteorlima

All of the bits and pieces allegedly found on the Plains of San Augustin look like pretty standard aircraft materials: aluminum beams and shims, etc. Certainly nothing exotic. Identical honeycomb structural material has been used in a wide variety of applications, not all of which are related to aviation and aerospace. I have seen similar fragments from wreckage of aircraft, missiles, and tow targets.

It might be worth considering the fact that a number of U.S. Air Force balloon-borne capsules landed in that same region following research flights. Those capsules were made with impact-attenuating honeycomb structures to protect the contents (scientific instruments and test dummies).

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Did you read the 42 page lab report? a reply to: Shadowhawk

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm sure someone with more technical knowledge of metallurgy than I possess could dissect the report. I'm just saying that everything I'm seeing in the photographs is consistent with common aviation/aerospace crash debris. The materials and structures and the types of weathering, oxidation, and other damage are identical to what I have seen at more than a hundred crash sites involving a variety of systems.

Lab reports are frequently not useful for identification purposes. I once took a documentary film crew to the crash site of an experimental aircraft from Area 51. We knew exactly what type of aircraft. The wreckage displayed diagnostically conclusive materials and construction methods. There were specific part numbers and manufacturer's inspection stamps. There were even recognizable components that could be compared with declassified photos and technical documents. Case closed. Even so, the producer insisted on sending a debris sample to a laboratory for analysis. The results were ludicrously inconclusive to the point that the lab technician declared it could have come from anything, even a farm implement.

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Gerald Anderson interviewed by Stanton Freidman. Gerald Anderson was first hand witness to the crashed saucer when he was 5 years old hunting for 'moss agate' on the Plains of San Augustine, New Mexico 1947. I have more photos of the debris however I don't known how to retrieve the phots to post them, I activated the 'inset image box' but I don't know where to go from there, can you tell me what I must do to retrieve photos from my library to post?

posted on Jun, 26 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Friedman and co-author Don Berliner later disavowed Gerald Anderson, saying "He has admitted falsifying a document, and has changed his testimony,...[We] no longer have confidence in his description of the crash scene and the aftermath."

Anderson's story was far too detailed for 43-year old memories of someone who was supposedly only five at the time of the incident. He was already building on the Barney Barnett story, which was just a second-hand tale provided by friends long after Barnett had died. Anderson's mistake was to include too many details and a fake diary, all of which could be easily debunked. It didn't help that Anderson was caught out for forging a telephone bill when trying to prove a claim he made to Kevin Randle.

The "Plains of San Agustin UFO crash" is a fairytale.

top topics

join