It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How addicted are you to the matrix ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Religion are based on faith/belief/blind trust...... Im talking about something based on empirical data. Would you still classify it as religion or science??

many of the youth are working out how humans tick and they are pushing for a decent future

Right.... by youth you mean the completely delusional, misguided, proud and ungodly generation that wants to destroy the the values of society out of spite and momentary emotional gratification? That youth? yeh... good luck with that! Tower of Babel.... read my signature!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Religion are based on faith/belief/blind trust...... Im talking about something based on empirical data. Would you still classify it as religion or science??

Depends what you're defining since there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and I'm not going to fight over cook books.
As far as I can gather the pertinent questions remain unanswered in this life no matter the recipe, in other words faith must be involved at some point regardless of how you structure the universe or the human condition.

Right.... by youth you mean the completely delusional, misguided, proud and ungodly generation that wants to destroy the the values of society out of spite and momentary emotional gratification? That youth? yeh... good luck with that! Tower of Babel.... read my signature!

Many of them are Christians, Jews, Muslims and Bhuddists too... I apologize if I left your own path out, interact with them. Quite a few of them are well educated and don't see everything through the lense of doom and gloom, some of them see the flaws in the system and wish for better.... Unless you want to fight over books. Can't help you there...

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

There is truth to what you say... i dare not generalize!

In the end we are all still 'only human' as agent smith says!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Depends on the time of year.

I have to be on, during the day, for work, so I surf then as well.
But in the summer time, unless there is something huge going on in the world, and I want to know what is ACTUALLY going on, I'm not on the computer much. Too much to do outside. I don't even bring my phone when I'm out in the garden.
In the fall, I'm canning, and making stuff to get through the winter and in Spring, too much going on outside to prepare for the growing season.

So, basically in the winter, but even then I have other hobbies that keep me pretty busy. I used to be online more, but with the rapid deterioration of the internet, it just isn't fun anymore.
edit on 23-6-2023 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Those bastard Architects done stuck us into these big wonky body-suits.

These body-suits, this body-human experience : is addicted to oxygen, water, nutrition ...

Or did we choose this matrix ?

You know : to experience what is other.
Other than the divine light that we are, eh ?

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Exactly. These meat suits are programmed to be dependent on this 'matrix' like it's our gd life support. How do we get into the command center and switch things up

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
I'd say the problem is we've digitised existence and have come to rely on it.

I totally agree, one major solar/EMP event and we're back to basics with many dead quickly...I would imagine zombie land quickly here, in the UK, because once 'the matrix' and it's supply/logistics go down, we're screwed for food for the millions!😱

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you're talking about technology I would say it has become a big part of my life. I don't really care about social media but phones, and crypto currency, and cameras, and all that are nice tools you can use to break out of the "matrix". It's like double edged sword. You can let it enslave you, or you can use it to free you.

But when i refer to the matrix i usually mean physical reality. Being human. How addicted to being human are you? Do you worship the material world? Or do you explore the consciousness side of reality? I think i've broken my addiction to this matrix, i don't really crave anything from this realm anymore. I still have fun and love and enjoy being human but, I love meditating and exploring the infinite dimensions of the expanded consciousness reality now. Earth just seems like a video game being played for our enjoyment now, I just don't take anything on this planet too seriously anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I'm 46. I grew up on the Magnovox Odyssey 2, Atari 2600 and Commodore 128. My first PC was a 286 12mhz with a 40mb hard drive and 2mb of ram. I've always been invested in video games and PC programming.

I got my first "good" smart phone about 2 years ago. And I honestly have to say it was the WORST thing to ever happen. I find myself way too addicted. Even when you try NOT to be. First thing when I wake up, I have a cigarette and grab my phone to read the news. Then I'll check other sites. Next thing you know an hour has passed. I'll be driving and some thought will pop into my head. Well, gotta grab the phone to look it up. I have at least been trying to turn it off and leave it alone lately. I don't use any social media anymore. I used to be on Twitter all the time, arguing with people. But I deleted the app. I've never been on TikTok thankfully.

I can't help but think, if it's addicting to me as a 46 year old who's first interaction with quasi "social media" was Compuserve and Prodigy, what must it be like for the kids who grew up with a phone in their hand? I have a 22 year old son but I made sure to keep him away from it until he was older. So he doesn't exhibit that behavior. But these TikTok kids... I feel bad for them.

Now I know why Steve Jobs never gave his kids a cell phone

posted on Jun, 24 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Star Wars movie where Luke goes to a small island by himself and uses a massive pole to spear fish is about the only cool scene out of all the newer movies. He exits the Matrix, it finds him: he dies.

posted on Jun, 27 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown
a reply to: Nothin

Exactly. These meat suits are programmed to be dependent on this 'matrix' like it's our gd life support. How do we get into the command center and switch things up

Good question.

Fighting fire with fire, is not recommended : when dealing with Professional™ fire-starters.

Therefore : our out, will have to be non-conventional.

A sort of, no-mas, walking-out, refusal to play, perhaps ?

posted on Jul, 10 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Internet addiction is a real issue. Sometimes it is difficult to disconnect. I went more than a year without a smart phone, and it felt great.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   
SPAMMER

edit on 4/26/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I think it doesn't matter how much time you spend online but what you do there. You can waste your time there or do something worthwhile just like offline. If you take a few days off the internet to read tabloid newspapers, watch crap on TV or just sit on your sofa doing nothing, then what's the difference?

I'm mainly on my phone, rarely turn on PC. I mainly use it during my night shifts or when I'm at home and not going anywhere. I mainly read news, articles, post on forums and listen to music.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join