It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face.

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We cannot prove that sleeper is lying, but sleeper has not provided anything to prove his stories are true. Simply saying he did this and that or saw this or that is not proof.

Sure it is fantastic to find out all these things if they really are the truth. But why is sleeper the only person on the planet who was given all this information? Sure there are lots of people out there who claim to have alien communication, but often we find these individuals are not trusting. An example being Gabriel of Sedona , Ariz. He too claims he has alien contact and is speaking with gods. Then you have the realians (sp?) and the Halle Bop comet followers. The list is endless.

It is wise to use caution when listening to someone who claims to know the secrets of the Universe, and is placing themselves on a pedestal of being the one with this higher knowledge. Esp when this person is telling you this message is coming from gods and God, and knows God's plans. Usually that is a red flag !

Those who do not beleive sleeper have just as much right to say so, and ask questions. You can't just say "don't read it" if you don't like it, and only have replies from people who are believing it.

There are a lot of genuine but vulnerable people who believe your claims, particularly the young.

This is what bothers me.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This for longhaircowboy:

Originally posted by longhaircowboy

Originally posted by NotClever
There is nothing in this story other than sleeper's age and military service that can be corroborated.

Sorry not true.

You're right, in a way. I had intended to show that it was the only part of the story that may have some independent corroborative documents. Must be a birth certificate somewhere, ditto for service records. The work you've done on this is amazing.

This for siblin:

Originally posted by siblin
When I read that, I got the impression that Sleeper WAS answering the question, yet in a very...um...sarcastic manner.

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing

Full definition here

This for dgoodpasture:

Originally posted by dgoodpasture
If you're here backing up sleeper because you simply don't want to be wrong now that you've commited to the question and answer process... forget about all that... seek truth... look at what is really going on, and what he is really saying

Here's some information supporting dgoodpasture's comments and perhaps explaining why sleeper's supporters respond the way they do. Of note is the last sentence.

Cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon which refers to the discomfort felt at a discrepancy between what you already know or believe, and new information or interpretation. It therefore occurs when there is a need to accommodate new ideas.....if someone is called upon to learn something which contradicts what they already think they know — particularly if they are committed to that prior knowledge — they are likely to resist the new learning....people are less likely to concede that the content of what has been learned is useless, pointless or valueless. To do so would be to admit that one has been "had", or "conned".

Full article here

and:

mental scotoma

Absence of insight into, or inability to comprehend, items relative to a subject whose content is highly emotional to the individual

link here

This for 'the others':

drcrap-pasture
please start another thread. dont hijack this one.
whatgoing on with you, do you need more money, lol
drcrap-pasture
please leave this thread.
you are just rambling and have nothing constructive to say
maybe you need some sleep
They are just like a pesky little brother Sleeper - the little bastards won't shut up and you can't make them! So, ignore them.
dr%$&*pasture
please dont go away mad, just go away
dont you have a website or something else to do
get some sleep, u need it

[sarcasm]That's the way to support your position[/sarcasm]

This for Knight783:

Originally posted by Knight783
In all seriousness sleeper, what you are doing is borderline disgusting.

It has crossed the border and is disgusting.

This for hobo_321:

Originally posted by hobo321
So, lets say that sleepers story is the flawed, stupid, abomnation of a film that is an insult to anyone who watches it. We are all finding it entertaining except for a few antisocial prats in the back of the cinema shoting about how much this film sucks and how much they don't like it. If you think we're all suggestable morons who follow sleeper around, blindly, then thats our problem. You don't need to save us. Leave and stop spoiling this film for all of us.

Because by and large, the producer or director (with the possible exception of Oliver Stone) isn't insulting my intellectual capacity and insisting everything I'm seeing is the absolute truth.

This for sleeper:
I am not a skeptic on the subject of extraterrestrial intelligence. I am however, hard-nosed when it comes to evidence, and I lean toward an empirical philosophy.

I 100% support your right to write and publish anything you desire. However, I cannot support your contention that your experiences are truthful and honest considering the complete lack of evidence, your obvious ire at being questioned or doubted, and what appears to be an amazing arrogance.

It is my duty to jump up and down and yell "YOU'RE A PHONY!"

At the same time I have to admit, you've done a remarkable job of keeping a lame thread alive. Although I think it took you some time to develop the plot-line (which is beginning to break down),

Originally posted by sleeper
......for some reason ET will not let me remember their faces.
......for some reason I cannot retain what they look like.
......The one that I see the most looks kind of like Jimmy Durante

The above quotes are copied and pasted from 3 separate posts.
sleeper becomes a member June of 2004...10 months later, in April of 2005, he has a story with implications that could completely shatter long-held beliefs. A story that completely alters mankind's view of religion, space, time, and apparently the Easter Bunny. Why did he wait 10 months? My guess is the story took some time to develop....

One more thing:

Originally posted by sleeper
The military can’t “whack” people like me without permission from the ETs.

O.K., how 'bout a metaphorical 'dope slap'?

Not

[edit on 2-3-2006 by NotClever]

[edit on 2-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VioletHe is an expert on Aliens, the Universe and on all religions as well.
As well as being a scientist, a teacher, master of all wisdom, a magus, astronaut, galactic space traveller, army veteran, and well I'd have to read the entire thread to see what I've missed.

There's no proof here to corroborate or validate any of that.
I have been searching diligently for any proof of the claims here(even though it should be the claiment providing the proof) but it is very difficult with what little there is to go on.
And now that certain sleepernauts have taken to harrassing me off-board well that just ups my gumption.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what? I don't really care what anybody writes. I don't know why I got involved in this looping conversation anyway!

I'll let myself out, thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hope sleeper that you see the irony. I dont do any of that for a living, I am simply making things up but speaking as an ' expert '. You took the bait beautifully, your angry & insulting response showing that you are about as indignant as anyone can be when faced with mis-truths. I was going to carry on some more but simply dont have the time.

Your higher mind certainly has degenerated somewhat, from being a superior messenger chosen by aliens and even God, to throwing out insults and showing your complete lack of intelectual capacity, and not being able to grasp irony

The age question in particular was a mine and you fell into it, either confirming OR denying shows you up, read the statement and see for yourself. Hook, line, sinker.

For the record though, I dont believe you were in the military, totally my real opinion. You may have worked with them, alongside them, but you werent a soldier, not a chance!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knight783
I hope sleeper that you see the irony. I dont do any of that for a living, I am simply making things up but speaking as an ' expert '. You took the bait beautifully, your angry & insulting response showing that you are about as indignant as anyone can be when faced with mis-truths. I was going to carry on some more but simply dont have the time.

How ironic, and I was just getting started

Your higher mind certainly has degenerated somewhat, from being a superior messenger chosen by aliens and even God, to throwing out insults and showing your complete lack of intelectual capacity, and not being able to grasp irony

Took my comeback pretty hard did you

The age question in particular was a mine and you fell into it, either confirming OR denying shows you up, read the statement and see for yourself. Hook, line, sinker.

You are way to smart for me---a guy that talks with superior beings even---perhaps they should recruit you for the job?

For the record though, I dont believe you were in the military, totally my real opinion. You may have worked with them, alongside them, but you werent a soldier, not a chance!

Well if that’s how you are going to believe I guess I wasted three years of my life serving in the army, playing with all those neat toys that make lots of noise

It really hurts that you don’t believe me

I know that you people or whatever you are---are bating me so that the mods will close this thread-----since it has degenerated from the stench of so called debunkers

[edit on 24-4-2006 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I knew someone who was a liar. He was a security guard in the air force. He said he used to tow atomic bombs round the airfield on a milk float type machine. Wait, it gets better. One time, a plane came into land, and headed directly for the bomb as it was being transported across the runway
. He just made it out of the way through driving skill, bloody lucky eh!

An obviously ridiculous story right? You claim you were given these incredible priveleges, access to aliens. Yet you say you were 3 yrs in the army so you couldnt be any sort of rank. Medium ranking private maybe. Pretty amazing story, very lucky guy
You learnt they powered their craft with " pixie dust ". Read that last sentance!!! Pixies are a HUMAN legend, faeries, nothing to do with aliens!

I stopped believing on page 1 of your post when you were unbelievably vague. You cant mention the airbase you talk about " for obvious reasons ". Well people like Philip Corso go into great detail, and however skeptical I am, its backed up with places, times, documents and so on. Why can you provide nothing when others make a living out of doing so?

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Knight783]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I noticed, Sleeper... that you avoid those questions, evidence, research and remarks that can jeapordize your story... way to go
Keep up the illusion... it's funny that aliens are illusional and that we have to believe in them even though we'll never see them or remember them... ever.
but somehow... he does. But... better yet... we do see them, we just don't know it, they are humans! Oh... and they steal our souls and replace us with clones! Gosh... I hope I'm not an alien clone... oh my gosh... epiphany... I'd never know! The illusion! Ah! Illusions are not answers, they don't exist, they are illusions. Illusions are paradoxes. This is what I've found to be true about paradoxes... let me fill you all in... and especially you sleeper! I'm starting to think that maybe you've really tricked yourself into believing this..

There is no peace in a paradox, except for acceptance of the paradox, and a paradox is not the truth that is to be settled on.

Illusions and paradoxes are not truth! They aren't answers to questions. They are never ending routes of deceit and trickery!
Yet, I have to admit... this thread was quite the philosophy test for me, thank you Sleeper. We all learn something from everything in life, if we choose to.

Since an illusion is really just a concept of nothing.. let me fill you in on something else as well.

One must believe in something in order to believe in nothing, and one must believe in nothing in order to believe in everything.

Starting to make sense now? It doesn't exist...
What he is telling you is that there is no proof and there never will be! He's already told you! Look deeper.

Illusion is not proof! Err.... round and round it goes... when will it be stopped. Illusion doesn't exist!

[edit on 2-3-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Mods, please do not allow the hatred of a few to cause this thread to be closed.

thank you..

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sirius its not hatred, I promise you its not. I dont like dishonesty is all, and this post is littered with glaring inaccuracies, I think its insulting, almost on the same level as racial slurs etc, its insulting of intelligence and thinking. Im not trying to get this post closed at all, no desire at all. If this was discussion about possibilities, its a different matter, but its on the basis of supposed actual happenings, which is very insulting. You cant get away with everything. And btw, I havent insulted once, I dont do it ever, I am merely challenging, read my posts.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I suppose being new to forums that I will learn many amazing things as my experience grows. Discovering humbling things is refreshing, in a way.

Trolls...and a definition discovered while browsing ATS, here.

Ah well, I needed the experience anyway.

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Knight;

Hatred is as hatred does..me , thanks to Forrest.
If an intelligent?? person does not like a thread, then leave it..Is that hard to grok?

[edit on 2-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ok. I just finished reading this thread in two nights. I wanted to get it all in before I posted anything. First off everyone here needs to calm down.

Sleeper, ignore anyone that is just plain giving you a hard time and not asking you legit questions about your story.

After reading this thread things started to get a little shaky since like page 38. And it hasn't stopped since!! It's kind of dissapointing when you are trying to read things and form your own conclusion with this child-like bickering in the background. Honestly for one, I want to hear what Sleeper has to say.(I know I'm not alone) Wether he is right or wrong, some of the things he said were still inspirational and some really good food for though.

Now everyone put aside these silly little quarrels, and lets get down to business. Without all of the encrypted name calling back and fourth, lets start over. Cowboy and everyone else, present your questions about the holes in his story and the ones you feel need to be proven, that can in fact be proven.

And Sleeper calmly answer the questions, even the ones you really want to avoid. But please can we all do this without running around pulling each others hair?

Now, IMO Sleeper I found a lot of personal truths in your story, and even picked up on your metaphors since day one that some others passed by. There really is a lot of fascinating theories in here. I agree there are some holes in your story. There's a better way that we can resolve them.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by porschedrifter]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Knight- there was and is an airfield at Ft.Hood where sleeper and I served. Not only did I haul ammo to the tankers but on occasion I made runs to the airfield. I also stood guard duty at the nuke facility(but didn't know it was such at the time).

www.globalsecurity.org...

During the beginning of the cold war, Killeen Base was one of the Air Force's storage-and-assembly bases for nuclear weapons. Gray Air Force Base near the AEC's Killeen Base (Site Baker), one of three National Stockpile Sites where nuclear weapons were stored at the time. Routine maintenance and assembly of nuclear weapons produced small quantities of contaminated wastes. These wastes were placed in lead-lined cylinders and stored in underground tubes. The low-level burial sites at West Fort Hood are considered "low risk" by the regulators and do not warrant remediation. Fort Hood monitors regularly and periodically takes shallow well water samples.

The airfield, which is approximately the size of an average Air Force installation, actually belonged to the Air Force from 1947 to 1952. From 1952 to 1969, the airfield and facilities were run by the Army under the Defense Atomic Support Agency. It became an actual part of Ft Hood in 1969.

And here's a little quote of interest

As a human being, I am concerned about the illusionary explanations for human consciousness and the future of human existence. Consequently after writing the Neuropsychological Base of God Beliefs (1987), I began the systematic application of complex electromagnetic fields to discern the patterns that will induce experiences (sensed presence) that are attributed to the myriad of ego-alien intrusions which range from gods to aliens. The research is not to demean anyone's religious/mystical experience but instead to determine which portions of the brain or its electromagnetic patterns generate the experience. Two thousand years of philosophy have taught us that attempting to prove or disprove realities may never have discrete verbal (linguistic) solutions because of the limitation of this measurement. The research has been encouraged by the historical fact that most wars and group degradations are coupled implicitly to god beliefs and to the presumption that those who do not believe the same as the experient are somehow less human and hence expendable. Although these egocentric propensities may have had adaptive significance, their utility for the species' future may be questionable.

www.laurentian.ca...
From Dr. Michael Persinger Laurentian Universty

porschedrifter-

Cowboy and everyone else, present your questions about the holes in his story and the ones you feel need to be proven, that can in fact be proven.

Thats already been done and none of them can in fact be proven. But I'm tryin.
Maybe if sleeper called off his infantile sleepernauts who have now resorted to accosting me off-board I could get some research done.

[edit on 3/2/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just thought I'd say I've found a summary of a book on the internet by a gentlemen that went through what you have. He's mother also was visited by aliens when she was pregnant , this being told to him by a high ranking officer....Also came across a website that had a 1995 report about a reporter that was given info by a man by the name of Riconosciuto. He was back then a high ranking person of interest in high intelligent and secret, dirty affairs. The list he gave the reporter had a lot of interesting things in it ,but when I read the sentence-------I know the identities of the *sleepers* here and over seas--------- I almost fell over, I knew you were real from the first post.....Seeing it repeated from those higher ups didn't make it believeable just heightened it..... Please we need you more with every post and every dumb question. --------I've thought alot about you in the last 3 days I've found this site.... Just taking in so much can be more then overwhelming.....So to the unbelievers here stop sitting at your computers with your eyes wild shut and look things up.....

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy

porschedrifter-

Cowboy and everyone else, present your questions about the holes in his story and the ones you feel need to be proven, that can in fact be proven.

Thats already been done and none of them can in fact be proven. But I'm tryin.
Maybe if sleeper called off his infantile sleepernauts who have now resorted to accosting me off-board I could get some research done.

Cowboy, you are about the only one I see actually making an attempt to do some kind of research so maybe others should follow your lead. Either way I know you don't need me to tell you to keep up the good work.

My message goes for both sides in the debate, not just targeting the ones that are against it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
[edit on 24-4-2006 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
another good website is ----disinformation---look up Casolaro's Octopus. this has a lot of info about everything put into a nice neat package.. More also on Jeff Rense talk radio website---you none believers will be entertained for hours on end....

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder why I bother posting.

Really, people... Please stop feeling the need to be so defensive and snarly. We came here to discover what's true and what's false, not who can come up with the sharpest insult.

This thread is getting out of hand. The majority of us have gotten too wrapped up in trying to outwit one another and too concerned about proving our claims. Meanwhile, the person who SHOULD be having a say in all this is being allowed very little room to maneuver.

There is no such thing as a perfect post. Opinions shift. Appearances betray. Lingering truths appear to get trampled by the crowd and falsehoods seem more and more to just be random grasps at straws.

Before we say ANYTHING, we should always take a moment to realize... "I can understand why they might feel this way." There are no bad guys here. There are only differences in opinion. This thread is a representation of a journey -- a journey not to discover what's right or wrong, but to realize what we can understand the best.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
is it just me or is the dr%^&$pature about the most pathetic guy on the planet.

im still going with im not taking the right drugs to understand him, lol

its SO OBVIOUS dr$%^&pasture is insanely JEALOUS of sleeper.

its obvious dr%^&* is a fake because if he wasnt, he wouldn't be so jealous of sleeper

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join