It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killnet hackersgroup announce major attack on European banks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Russian hackers group Killnet and hackers collective REvil just posted a video on twitter in which they announce an attack on the entire European banking system within the next 48 hours.

vid on twitter

Msn in Europe is starting to pick up on this in the last hour, no English source yet.
So far they say it's a 'possibility', but there is no guarantee that the video was really posted by Killnet and it might just be a prank.

(being in Europe, my husband just got in his car to get cash out of the atm, just in case..)

according this German website

there was already message in a telegram group yesterday, below is the English translation

I found the following text on the Telegram channel of "Baltische Welle". Think each his part.
The European banking system is to be destroyed in the next 48 hours. That promised one of the strongest cyber groups. In order to implement this promise, the groups "Killnet", "Revil" and "Anonymous Sudan" have joined forces and called for other hacker groups to do everything they can to support the prepared attack. Nobody can save the European banking system anymore - is the explanation. This is not a DDoS attack...no money - no weapons - no Kiev regime - that's how it will all play out, a man in a mask promised in a video quoted by the Russian internet portal Lenta.ru. These cyber groups have proven in the past that they are capable of launching serious attacks with colossal consequences. Whether it is really these groups or just a fake threat from third parties will be clarified in the next 48 hours.

edit on 14-6-2023 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2023 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Major attack??? Just give everyone a few more ZERO's in their account, that will do the job!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Major attack??? Just give everyone a few more ZERO's in their account, that will do the job!!!!

now that I would applaud!

apparently their first target is the SWIFT system

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2

originally posted by: combatmaster

now that I would applaud!

apparently their first target is the SWIFT system

Russia is now open to SWIFT so I really doubt that they'll do anything with SWIFT.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So far this week I've seen "major" "attacks" on Microsoft and Amazon, but they were just ddos attacks, and while they did cause outages most people didn't notice or care.

Shut down Disney for a weekend and it will make national news for a month. Disrupt a few banks on a Tuesday and nobody will remember on Friday

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Most likely propaganda. It just seems fishy, the entire European banking system?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not seeing this on major media new services anywhere, a few fringe quasi-news sites

lenta.ru perhaps is well known but that is Russian

one would think the only plausible reason IF there were to be an attack perhaps the EU would want to stifle the news.

But really how likely is that?

now if they get lots of people to panic and withdraw funds...

pledgetimes.com... y/

Lenta.ru: hackers from Killnet, Revil and Anonymous Sudan promised to destroy banks in Europe

Several hacker groups are planning to conduct a large-scale attack on the European banking system at once. As it became known to Lente.ru, Killnet hacktivists, representatives of Revil, which was considered to be defeated, as well as members of Anonymous Sudan, united their efforts to achieve this goal.

Nothing will save you – and this is not a warning, I’m just informing you. You haven’t encountered such problems yet.

a representative of the Killnet group,in an appeal to European bankers

Russian hackers have declared war on European banks
At the disposal of the publication was also filmed, but not yet published a promo video dedicated to this attack. In the video itself, an unnamed Killnet spokesman called on all existing groups to engage in destructive activities against the European banking system.

“This is not a DDoS attack, games are over. “No money – no weapons – no Kyiv regime” – this formula will work, the masked man promised.

See also Muscovite revealed the reasons to start looking for a man seen in a dream
Related materials:

The leader of Killnet, hiding under the nickname Killmilk, confirmed to Lente.ru that preparations for the attack are already underway. It is expected to start within the next 48 hours.

Cyber ​​attack could be the biggest in history
The representative of Revil, in turn, stated that “the world has gone crazy”, and the reason for this, in his opinion, was money. He also stated that it is the European banking system that governs the EU.

“No money, no problem. Revil is sufficiently familiar with the European financial infrastructure, ”the representative of the group threatened.

The spelling and punctuation of the authors of the video is saved

The Anonymous Sudan member also noted that European financial institutions will witness “the worst cyberattack in recent world history.” He urged them to be ready for the coming strike, and also stated that when it comes, “it will be too late to fix anything.”

“Many European banks will be targeted, and we will hit without mercy,” concluded the representative of Anonymous Sudan.

edit on 14-6-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sounds like the 'hack' is a good old fashioned fake out. Everyone will make a run for their money putting the banks and customers in financial strain.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The Russian hackers group Killnet and hackers collective REvil just posted a video on twitter in which they announce an attack on the entire European banking system within the next 48 hours.

vid on twitter

Msn in Europe is starting to pick up on this in the last hour, no English source yet.
So far they say it's a 'possibility', but there is no guarantee that the video was really posted by Killnet and it might just be a prank.

(being in Europe, my husband just got in his car to get cash out of the atm, just in case..)

there was already message in a telegram group yesterday, below is the English translation

I found the following text on the Telegram channel of "Baltische Welle". Think each his part.
The European banking system is to be destroyed in the next 48 hours. That promised one of the strongest cyber groups. In order to implement this promise, the groups "Killnet", "Revil" and "Anonymous Sudan" have joined forces and called for other hacker groups to do everything they can to support the prepared attack. Nobody can save the European banking system anymore - is the explanation. This is not a DDoS attack...no money - no weapons - no Kiev regime - that's how it will all play out, a man in a mask promised in a video quoted by the Russian internet portal Lenta.ru. These cyber groups have proven in the past that they are capable of launching serious attacks with colossal consequences. Whether it is really these groups or just a fake threat from third parties will be clarified in the next 48 hours.

Sounds like a great way to get everyone to empty the banks. Sort of a DDOS but done by the people with money in the banks themselves.

Can't think of why they would announce it for any other reason.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Sounds like the 'hack' is a good old fashioned fake out. Everyone will make a run for their money putting the banks and customers in financial strain.

If you can't make it fake it, probably

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

vid on twitter

Sounds like a great way to get everyone to empty the banks. Sort of a DDOS but done by the people with money in the banks themselves.

Can't think of why they would announce it for any other reason.

Yea it's kind of like a burglar knocking on your door and saying Im gonna rob your house in 48 hours,

Who knows though float and upcoming attack, if they can monitor a few networks and perhaps glean something useful just from the activity or the lack thereof

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The WEF did warn of a cyber attack being the next big threat, a good excuse to write off a load of government debt and introduce CBDC’s perhaps?

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: putnam6

The WEF did warn of a cyber attack being the next big threat, a good excuse to write off a load of government debt and introduce CBDC’s perhaps?

That’s the first thing I thought after hearing the news about the imminent cyber attack.
Fat boy Schwab foretold this, and these scumbags wont let a crisis go to waste. Especially the crisis’s they create themselves.

Come to think of it, IF it happens, then I have no doubt that the russian “special operation” was just a sceme, and Putin is in on it.
edit on 15-6-2023 by 2Faced because: If it quacks like a duck…

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I agree. Are these people supposed to be clever? Only a doom brained idiot would advertise an attack in advance. The way to do it is attack first, brag about it after.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
We'll see soon...

The leader of Killnet under the nickname Killmilk confirmed to the publication that preparations are already underway, the attack will begin in the next 48 hours

link

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Not seeing this on major media new services anywhere, a few fringe quasi-news sites

one would think the only plausible reason IF there were to be an attack perhaps the EU would want to stifle the news.

Over here there is one big msn site reporting on it, a few in neighboring countries, but not the huge one like Reuters. Besides twitter I haven't seen any big English msn doing an article on it.
Maybe for the best, because it would cause a bank-rush...

I did withdraw funds, not because I panicked but because It's better to be safe then sorry... and just in case this turns out to be for real I wanted to be ahead of a possible bank-rush, or before they close all the atm's.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

I agree. Are these people supposed to be clever? Only a doom brained idiot would advertise an attack in advance. The way to do it is attack first, brag about it after.

We’re way beyond the “bragging” stage, this is pure unadulterated warfare. A successful cyber attack on the monetary system, however short, could cause major damage and disruption. Hacking is often more about not willing to take the risk, then it is about not being able to hit significant targets. State sponsored hackers are not bothered by the prospect of criminal persecution. Until proven fake, I take their warning very serious. These days are different circumstances.

Their warning could have been to cause panic, or to give the vunerable/supporters a heads up.
edit on 15-6-2023 by 2Faced because: Opened my violin case, there was a machine gun inside, my brother is robbing a bank with a violin.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Over here there is one big msn site reporting on it, a few in neighboring countries, but not the huge one like Reuters. Besides twitter I haven't seen any big English msn doing an article on it.
Maybe for the best, because it would cause a bank-rush...

I did withdraw funds, not because I panicked but because It's better to be safe then sorry... and just in case this turns out to be for real I wanted to be ahead of a possible bank-rush, or before they close all the atm's.

Apologies KL2

I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't legit just discussing the topic and couldn't find more on it at first except lenta.ru, just thinking aloud

FWIW If I got wind of something happening here early, I would take my meager funds out too, much better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The most they can do is minor disruptions and outages. There aren't going to crash the entire banking system. The worst damage they are going to cause is to make some people withdraw cash "just in case", but I feel everyone should have a bit of cash on them anyways.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my boots, but I'm certain this threat will fall flat.

posted on Jun, 15 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
no need to apologies

There really isn't much info out other then the one video, and sites copying each other...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join