It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomers ruined America and why are there STILL no term limits?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I’m curious as to what it is a single human being can do to change anything outside of themselves. Vote and imagine it counts for something? Donate time, efforts, and/or money to a campaign? Get frustrated and blame others? Protest? Study history and the effects of previous movements? I really don’t know.

Older generations have collectively put in an incalculable amount of work to get human beings to the level we’re at today. Their place in history has fairly well come and gone.

I’d imagine those that have children and proper values assume they’ve done enough work to hand off the right thing to do to the next generation to live in their example and do what’s right for the future they’re going to have to live through.

It disempowering to blame others. Ask yourself what you can do and work as hard as you can as an individual to bring about the change you want to see in the world.

One person can change the lives of those around them for the better and be something others can lean on, and lay a new foundation that can be built on by those closest to them.

What foundation we have is beyond the greatness of any previous civilization the world has any real history of. What can you build on it?

Surely there is enough left to positively change your small corner of the universe.

Being against the ongoing game of contemporary politics isn’t a new game that’s being played. It’s been around for awhile, most notable the counterculture of 60’s and 70’s.

The difficulty is the fact that it’s not a group of people that can be removed. It’s the evil nature that permeates and stains the fabric of each and every human being that has to make it in this world. Good luck voting that out.

posted on Jun, 8 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thejohnfist
It wasn't the boomers, it started before that.

The root isn't just that we need term limits. We need to entirely push corporations out of government. They aren't citizens, they do not deserve any say in what the government (we the people) want or need.

Ever hear of the 14th amendment....? Apparently not....

Corporations are indeed people and by that inference Citizens.

www.history.com...
www.nationalaffairs.com...

Term limits are however a very good idea....

edit on 8-6-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm Gen X. My parents were "Boomers". My father worked as a Police Officer for 25 years for NY. He was paid crap compared to other cops in NY. My mom took care of us (myself and my sister) until we were old enough that she could do part time work. My mother worked many odds jobs just to help pay the bills. My father often did side work like sheet rocking, roofing etc. This was back when you actually could do that. These days they just pick up illegals from Home Depot to do it.

My parents were by no means rich. They worked incredibly hard. As a kid, we only got gifts on birthdays and Christmas. And honestly, it made me appreciate them that much more. At 25 they were able to buy a home, on an acre of property. It cost them $55k. I now own the house and it's worth close to 600k. Lots of "Gen X" couldn't afford the "American Dream" like boomers could.

So no, I don't think "boomers" ruined the country. If anything it was Gen X and Millennials. Because we took a lot of things for granted, and a lot spoiled their children, were "helicopter parents", told them they're winners no matter what, etc. Millennials passed that on to their little zoomer kids and with each new generation, the American citizen gets dumber and dumber. Sorry, but it's true.

(post by AncientStone removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join