It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue state residents, please don't move to Red states

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Meh NVM
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: Your mom's stench

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Sisolak isn't the governor anymore.
That would be Joe Lombardo a republican.
In fairness this is fairly new as of 2023.

The reason isn't because of politics in this case. They come here to take up housing with their 1.5 million in equity and they drive up prices and eat up all available rentals too and so a 1 bedroom in Portland is like 2500 to 3000.

Portland liberals are already a F'ing freak show so no need for the CA liberals to do anything in that area...lol

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Meh NVM

Some concern that I have seen is it doesn't take a big shift in Red states to become blue on the big stage. Both Nv and Co were once very red states, and are now very blue, as was Az but we are seeing Az now shift in kind of the same way. We are seeing somewhat of the same thing in Texas with Austin now very blue and other parts changing. 40 million in Ca can do a lot of damage in other states.

The other area I have seen in Or, Wa, and Tx now is an explosion in housing for either buy or rent as people from Ca bring a lot of equity selling their old 1600 sq ft house crap house for a million. Where I live in Wa people can not afford to buy now. A crap house is 500k now with a household median annual income of $63,617. Austin Tx is now the least affordable outside of Ca beating all 48 other states now. low rent appt and mobile home parks are replaced with luxury complexes, so kind of a big deal with a large displacement of locals.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Texas is especially concerning. The Texans are putting up a fight, but there are just so many locusts who refuse to learn the lesson.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I was actually in Austin for SXSW doing a gig and I just so happened to have an uber to the bar one night who was a realtor and me and my buddy asked about the particular neighborhood we were in because we thought it was a nice spot in an otherwise crappy city. The 1600-1800sqft homes were listing for like 1 million+. And I thought vegas was bad!

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Born in the south, been in red states my whole life. Currently, I'm in MTG country, the 14th district of Georgia. People in the south are mostly uneducated, simple minded, the Appalachian stereotypes are real. Of course there are educated folk as well. But mostly, what you see in the movies, is what you get. I don't vote party, I vote policy, but most here simply vote republican. The rise of democratic votes here, has been a stunning and necessary happening. The "grand ole party" isn't so grand anymore. We had our electors removed and replaced, hence a second MTG win. Ask around, folks here are not behind her. Trump's advice, suggestions, led to the deaths of thousands of his elderly Ga voters, 8 in our family. The children of these folks won't be voting for a party that supported this. I hear disgust, disparity, and a need to move away from the republican party. My point? Red states aren't as "red" as you might think. Ga sure isn't.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

So if you have always been and will always be a liberal/progressive, please for your sake and mine, live in a state/city run by like minded people and stay away from conservative states and cities.

The entire United States is losing its "Identity". Soon, every flag pole will have a China flag, LPQTG flag, and Hispanic flag, flying above Old Glory on the pole.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I was actually in Austin for SXSW doing a gig and I just so happened to have an uber to the bar one night who was a realtor and me and my buddy asked about the particular neighborhood we were in because we thought it was a nice spot in an otherwise crappy city. The 1600-1800sqft homes were listing for like 1 million+. And I thought vegas was bad!

It's just crazy. Add in that Texas doesn't have state tax so property tax is high like 2.4 to 3.3% and that million-dollar house can be 33k in just taxes. Back when the houses were 180k not a big deal....

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's posts like this that got me rooting for total anarchy.

Get out. Stay out. Keep away from mine.
No attempt to coexist in the UNITED states.

Earning our turmoil through our apathy.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueBaby
Born in the south, been in red states my whole life. Currently, I'm in MTG country, the 14th district of Georgia. People in the south are mostly uneducated, simple minded, the Appalachian stereotypes are real. Of course there are educated folk as well. But mostly, what you see in the movies, is what you get. I don't vote party, I vote policy, but most here simply vote republican. The rise of democratic votes here, has been a stunning and necessary happening. The "grand ole party" isn't so grand anymore. We had our electors removed and replaced, hence a second MTG win. Ask around, folks here are not behind her. Trump's advice, suggestions, led to the deaths of thousands of his elderly Ga voters, 8 in our family. The children of these folks won't be voting for a party that supported this. I hear disgust, disparity, and a need to move away from the republican party. My point? Red states aren't as "red" as you might think. Ga sure isn't.

Go to any impoverished area in any city in any state and you'll find mostly uneducated, simpleminded people. Nobody in the South fits the Appalachian stereotype besides people in the hills of Appalachia. You need a new set of friends.

And blaming Trump for thousands of deaths of elderly, well, that's just as stupid as the other comparison you made. Thousands of elderly people died in New York, too, and every other state whether they were vaccinated or not, as did millions of others with underlying conditions.

The irony of you calling others uneducated and simpleminded....

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
What non-democratic/liberal city does not have a homeless or transient problem?

Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi are the bottom 3 states in terms of homelessness, they have the lowest population of homelessness in the US psydprograms.org... All Red states.

The top 6 states in terms of homelessness, they have the highest population of homelessness in the US are all Blue states.

Out of the top 15 cities with the worst homeless population all but one are Blue cities.

Out of the bottom 15 cities with the least homeless population all but one are Red cities.

Blue states consistently rate the highest in terms of homelessness and Red states consistently rate the lowest.

BTW why on earth would you be insisting that liberals should move to conservative areas? Wouldn't they hate the place and hate the people? Liberals really openly loathe and despise anyone who doesn't agree with them to the point of trying to get them fired, social media and personal destruction of those who don't follow liberal doctrine, creed, and ideology 100%. I have a neighbor who moved from a Blue state and he is moving back because he can't tolerate the way the people in this red state/red city think about politics. His wife says the people are all nice and friendly to them but he can't tolerate their conservative ideology and politics. So really liberals should for their own mental health stay away from conservative states and cities. They won't be able to handle or tolerate nice friendly people whose politics and ideology are different from theirs.

edit on 6/6/23 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

All too familiar - where I lived was a nice peaceful county which was safe, offered good jobs, schools, and quality of life.

People in NY, NJ, and PA took notice, and began to move here to escape the monstrous taxes and increasingly dangerous places they lived. CA residents began appearing a few years in.

We now have a DA who won't enforce "quality of life" crimes, an open-air heroin market in sight of my back window, and homeless illegal aliens living in the parks and in the bushes and trees nearby. Schools make the news for all the wrong reasons now, and high-density "affordable" housing projects are sprouting like mushrooms, resulting in many retailers failing because the residents of these places have 3 or 4 cars, and the overflow fills up the parking lots of the retailers - customers can't park, so go elsewhere.

The affordable housing, half-way houses and illegals are all red-lined into one corner of the county, so congestion and crime is pushed to that part, while the rest of the county has gated communities and distance from the bad neighborhoods they helped create.

You can ask them to stay home - but they won't - and when they come, it'll be "Now that I'm here, I'm gonna show you crackers how to do things".

You want to prevent that, be engaged with your government - keep tabs on who's running for office, from dog catcher to school board to mayor, go to meetings - otherwise, little by little, the newcomers will take over your government to remake your area into their utopia.

Trust me on this.

All these lovely Progressives brought their hell with them and made this a much worse place to live.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Trump is directly responsible for the death of every elderly republican who chose not to vaccinate, due to his suggestion. That includes 8 in our family. And no, the Appalachian stereotype doesn't just live in MTG city, they are all over north ga. They live among us. Work with us. Can't read or write, can't pronounce most "big words"" but blend right in. You learn how to " dumb down" so you don't appear to be condescending.

originally posted by: LSU2018

Go to any impoverished area in any city in any state and you'll find mostly uneducated, simpleminded people. Nobody in the South fits the Appalachian stereotype besides people in the hills of Appalachia. You need a new set of friends.

And blaming Trump for thousands of deaths of elderly, well, that's just as stupid as the other comparison you made. Thousands of elderly people died in New York, too, and every other state whether they were vaccinated or not, as did millions of others with underlying conditions.

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Trump is directly responsible for the death of every elderly republican who chose not to vaccinate, due to his suggestion. That includes 8 in our family. And no, the Appalachian stereotype doesn't just live in MTG city, they are all over north ga. They live among us. Work with us. Can't read or write, can't pronounce most "big words"" but blend right in. You learn how to " dumb down" so you don't appear to be condescending.

originally posted by: LSU2018

Coronavirus was spread amongst Americans months before people were told to be afraid of it, and yet nobody of any age was dying at alarming rates. People had the symptoms, doctors didn't have a diagnosis. Both of my in-laws had it here in Louisiana, my friend up in New Jersey had it, two of my friends (brothers) in Chicago had it, a friend of mine in California had it. It was everywhere and people medicated with severe cold meds and nasal spray because nobody had heard of covid yet. Your immune system shuts down when you go into a constant panic, therefore once the media told people to fear the deadliest ever pandemic, people feared it too much and shut down once they had it. But you're not uneducated like everybody else in the South so I'm sure you already knew that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join