It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence announcing 2024 presidential bid next week in Iowa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And the Republican race just got more interesting.

Former Vice President Mike Pence will announce next week that he is running for president, giving a kickoff speech in Iowa and releasing a campaign video on June 7 ahead of a town hall with CNN later that day in Des Moines, a source familiar confirms to ABC News.

Pence will be running against his old boss, Donald Trump, in the Republican primary.

MORE: Pence allies launch super PAC to support potential White House run
His expected announcement will come only weeks after a group of conservative allies launched a political group to support his potential candidacy.

source

His favorability rating is in range with everyone else (apparently nobody really likes ANY candidate in the field). While I'm not voting Republican, I can see that he'd have a lot more appeal to the middle-ground Republicans than Pence or Trump and he might pick up votes from more moderate section of the voting public.

We'll have to see what his campaign platform is.

I think he can probably overtake DeSantis, but that's just my opinion (or maybe "hope".)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Uh
No thanks
No more neocons, no matter party affiliation

Ps
He has compromised classified docs too
If it’s bad for one………

edit on 31/5/2023 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll be voting for the establishment candidate; they have been doing a great job these last few decades; progress might be at a snails pace; but at least we are on an upward trajectory. Every day is better then the last. Why upset that apple cart?

Mike Pence will due just fine.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Sure, why not!

Since I vote based on policy rather than feelz or personality, I enjoy primaries to see what policies would agree with me.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Umm... after the last few years debacle.... Three Words:

Ummm...Hell NO

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
I'll be voting for the establishment candidate; they have been doing a great job these last few decades; progress might be at a snails pace; but at least we are on an upward trajectory. Every day is better then the last. Why upset that apple cart?

Mike Pence will due just fine.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Time to launch the bid and raise the money to pay those who made sure the 2020 election was put through. Pence, sorry, he is such a RINO it is not even funny.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pence isn’t liked in his home state, even by a number of the Republican politicians that were in his camp back as a Governor.

I attended one of the Reagan Jelly Bean dinners with Pence in Ft. Wayne, IN. He didn’t strike me in a way that I felt comfortable.

Frankly, Vivek Ramaswamy is at least saying the kinds of things I’d like to see done. Pretty similar to many Trump policies.

Pence is a George Bush Jr. guy… wish Ron Paul was 20 years younger

edit on 31-5-2023 by BlueJacket because: Correction

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He managed to walk a fine line as VP and avoid getting any 'Trump dirt' on his clothes-showing how good he is at politico-speak, where they basically dodge all questions and blow smoke.

He jumped in to take the heat off of Biden, taking one for the team. He's 100% politician! What better qualifications could one ask for?

People always tend to fear the unknown, and will be most likely to choose the swamp critter they know than take a chance on the unknown actually doing a better job.

Prosperity is SO over rated.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why do guys like Pence and Christie even try they have no chance whatsoever Are they just running interference ?
edit on 31-5-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe exVP Pence can save the GOP from ripping itself apart I doubt it, just speculation....

Ramaswamy and pence already have started snipeing...

www.realclearpolitics.com... l

edit on 31-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Mike Pence

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Why do guys like Pence and Christie even try they have no chance what so ever Are they just running interference ?

Yes, to dilute the pool for sure, but there’s all that lovely campaign $$$, that can be gained

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

My thoughts exactly. He was a disliked VP from a one-term Presidency. The President he served under is currently the frontrunner. He's a charisma vacuum. And oh yeah, the voters he's trying to appeal to tried to kill him.

I can only assume campaigns like these that are DOA are used to launder money or something.

At least the debates between him and Trump should be entertaining.
edit on 31-5-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Nope. Too Jesusy.

When the anointments from God were being passed out; I wonder if Pence might have gotten a little as well?

www.christiantoday.com...

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Nope. Too Jesusy.

You probably need more Jesus in your life.

I don’t care what Republican wins the primary, that’s who I’ll vote for in the general.
Gotta undo the insane death spiral the Democrats have this country on.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Maybe exVP Pence can save the GOP from ripping itself apart I doubt it, just speculation....

Ramaswamy and pence already have started snipeing...

www.realclearpolitics.com... l

If Trump starts sniping at Pence, Pence can bring a lot of receipts about Trump. It will be... interesting.

posted on May, 31 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess the gop has the market cornered on political discourse this election season as the dnc will be having none?
Perhaps it will open room for 3rd party broadcast debates?

No matter the side the discussion is always important.

<<   2 >>

join