It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director of Fbi denies Congress unclassified information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Lumenari

But even declassified info may have redactions of information, especially personally identifiable information. The FBI are willing to show it to Comer but honestly you couldn't trust that group to have it all and not out someone publicly as most of the recent hearings have been clown shows.

I will have a TS/SCI/SBI clearance until I die and am quite familiar with the process.

You don't know what you are actually talking about.

But you keep being you on the wrong side of history...

posted on Jun, 1 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You stated that anyone should have access through FOIA for the document. I didn't disagree but just noted you could submit a request, however parts of it may be redacted. I'm not questioning your credentials at all. My point was, wouldn't they rather see the whole document unredacted? If they plan on parading it around at a hearing obviously identifying or other info may have to be redacted for public view. How is this incorrect? I've provided info under the FOIA act and had to redact information. The CFH docs had redactions, it's in Trumps memo of declassification.

I guess you need to enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

FBI to bring internal Biden-related document to Capitol Hill and brief House Oversight leaders

It appears the fbi understand it’s accountability to congress.

Why did an fbi agent accuse mr Biden of accepting a bribe?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, it's not the first time something like this has happened. It's actually the third.

As discussed in your reference, the first time was in 2012 when the Republican-controlled House held then Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt for refusing to turn over documents relating to the Operation Fast and Furious gun running investigation.

The second time was in July 2019 when the Democrat-controlled House voted to hold Attorney General Bill Barr in contempt of Congress for refusing to hand over documents regarding President Trump's attempt to place a citizenship question on the 2020 Census.

Fortunately the fbi has understood its place and the authority congress holds over it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join